11 degrees maximum in the UK, 31 forecast for Sydney (19 now at 4am)

MARYROSE02

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like heat. I don't take my cardy off until it's at least 23C, so not very often in sunny old South Yorkshire, and I only wear light sundresses once the temp gets well above 25. I will actually get to wear some summer clothes here in Aus. My mum on the other hand cannot stand it if the temp gets much above 20C and so id much more suited to the UK weather. Horses for courses and we shouldn't critise those who prefer something different.

I dont cope too well with extreme heat, i can usually cope up to 30oc and then after that i'd just melt! As you can see im like casper the ghost so i burn quite easily.

I struggled in Florida but it was humid and sometimes around 35, i cope better with dry heat. I love the late summer or autumn weather here when its quite mild and sunny and you can get away with just wearing a light jumper

Guest guest17301
3 months of oppressive heat 3 months of so so, 6 months f cloudy rain and cold.

No, no, no, no no...6 weeks of oppressive heat, several days in the 3 months of winter of cold, rainy weather, the rest of the year awesome weather conditions. Thats Perth! and thats why I love it.

The weather here is not so bad these few weeks we've been here but I must say my spirits lift and the Autumnal colours look twice as magnificent in the sunshine! And yes, UK does Autumn better than Oz....(but Oz does summer better than UK!)

Disclaimer...(imo)

No, no, no, no no...6 weeks of oppressive heat, several days in the 3 months of winter of cold, rainy weather, the rest of the year awesome weather conditions. Thats Perth! and thats why I love it.

The weather here is not so bad these few weeks we've been here but I must say my spirits lift and the Autumnal colours look twice as magnificent in the sunshine! And yes, UK does Autumn better than Oz....(but Oz does summer better than UK!)

Disclaimer...(imo)

You've been very lucky with the weather so far, i was a bit worried that it might be cold and crappy for you. Not that it would of stopped your plans or anything!

Disclaimer...(imo)

this is the weather we have had all summer Fiona some lovely days and some rain but it has been the worst summer for 100 years, pity you came back in this crap weather.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
this is the weather we have had all summer Fiona some lovely days and some rain but it has been the worst summer for 100 years, pity you came back in this crap weather.

The summers been crap as you know, you don't want me to post my UK weather thread again do you, but ...... The last few weeks haven't been bad for this time of year and ...... Last years summer was the worst since records began not this year.

Stop yer gloating, lol

Enjoy it mate.

It was 'tipsy' gloating, and I'm paying the penalty this arvo. Going to push myself out of my flat in a minute to walk down to Redfern Park and meet a mate for coffee. He wants to join Souths Leagues Club. Now, shall I have a 'Pommie' shower, or an 'Aussie'?! One does not waste any water or soap!

I thought there was a "weather forum" for posts about the weather?

errrr.....maybe we could a mod or someone to take a look at this?

Is there really a weather forum on PIO? I did not know that. I did think I should have posted this on the NSW forum where I do most of my posts.

I thought there was a "weather forum" for posts about the weather?

errrr.....maybe we could a mod or someone to take a look at this?

I moved it last night. Hadn't seen your post though. Perhaps just hit report if you think something would be better elsewhere, that way mods get an alert and can deal with it :)

My last swim was on Sept 8th at Bronte and I got a cough not long after which has just about gone, so maybe tomorrow or at least next weekend so I can say I had a swim in October. The only month I did not manage this year was May when I had a cold. (I'm 'sad' enough to record this sort of information in my diary.)

It was OK out this arvo, if a bit windy. I did not realize that there is a market in Redfern Park on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Plenty of shade there too.

I suppose I can be nostalgic enough about the UK, that, even as I'm slapping sun screen on and checking I've got my wide-brimmed hat on OK, I can think remember covering myself from head to toe in Gore Tex and heading out for a walk in the cold and rain.

The summers been crap as you know, you don't want me to post my UK weather thread again do you, but ...... The last few weeks haven't been bad for this time of year and ...... Last years summer was the worst since records began not this year.

Wrong, this summer has been the wettest for the last 30 years.

To hot for me plus It makes you age prematurely and I was scared of the cancer risk, much prefer th UK climat an 4 seasons.

I've had two siblings suffer with skin cancer,one of them twice!I'm not saying people in the UK don't get skin cancer,but I think I read somewhere a while ago,it was'nt due to the weather here (UK)it was because most of the people that got it,baked themselves silly whilst abroad or used those sun beds!

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Wrong, this summer has been the wettest for the last 30 years.

I have just posted my brilliant UK summer weather thread for you to remind you that we had a really crap summer again, the thread was brilliant not the weather, I don't want to create confusion, lol.

Archived