October 190 Visa Thread

Guest colinmac

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JJB, I didn't have any verification carried out at all. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks d4ddyc00l, I too hope that I get the grant soon....looking at the timelines from our group....i feel that I have been waiting for sooooo long....but I know there are many people who have applied much earlier than me and still waiting patiently......so I guess I cannot complain much either :(

Guest colinmac
We had exactly the same info in our email Colin. From the medicals referred thread there's now quite a few who have had meds processed from around the 12th September now so seems like they might be making progress, fingers crossed! My email also said mine out of our family's was with the MOC so the fact yours didn't say that hopefully means it will be straight forward.

good luck!

Hopefully so. we will keep our finger crossed. Thanks for the positive vibes.

Colin

Guest colinmac
Colinmac, that date is for meds that have been referred - is this what's happened to yours?? If not, and its just a case of the initial processing to decide if they are ok or need to be referred, then they are a lot further forward. Our meds were done on 22/10 and ours were finalised last Thursday. I read a post last week where someone else was told the same thing, and it was the wrong info. And when you do get your grant, and make the move, I'll hold you to that beer in Perth!!

We're planning on making the move first week in July. My youngest two want to finish their current year at 6th form, and my nephew is getting married the last week in June (that takes care of all our family farewells!). We'll be heading off straight away after that. My sister in law and their family who moved to Perth 3 years ago are soooo happy that we'll be joining them. My wife and her sister are identical twins so it has been so hard for them both being so far apart.

Hi mate.

Really not sure if they have been referred .The CO's email said she was waiting on meds for the primary applicant(wife) and my youngest daughter. Hopefully it will be no big drama. If this proves to be the case i'm hoping that your time line is accurate and we may have word at the beginning of December.

If our house sells we were also hoping to move out during July. My sister moved out nearly 3 years ago and is living in Tapping. The feedback from them is very positive. She said the only thing she would change is that they should have done the move years ago. My eldest daughter spent a year in Perth (WHV) in 2010/11 and hasn't stopped talking about it since she returned.

Incidently i will honour that scooner of beer but bare in mind I'm a Scot and at $12 a go it will only be the one. HAHA.

Colin

It means they aren't bothering to update any of the statuses. Ours stayed like this all the way up to getting our grant.

mates,

Is there any mail id to contact DIAC for not being allotted a CO. Its been 5 weeks since i lodged my visa.Still not heard from a CO

Here you go.....

Post-Lodgement Enquiry

If you have lodged a GSM visa application and your enquiry relates to when your application is likely to be assessed by a case officer, please see: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/lodged-information.htm

If you have lodged a GSM visa application, but have not yet been contacted by a case officer, and you have further enquiries, use the GSM Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form at: http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm

Not an email address I know, but hopefully this may help!

Edited by d4ddyc00l

Hi all

well found my PCC docs stuck in the letterbox soaked through so had to dry them out but thankfully are ok. It is strange even though i know my wife and i have no convictions i still felt nervous opening them. They confirmed we have none phew, and confirms the wife isnt an axe murderer as well :wink:

Anyway since initial contact from the co asking for marriage certificate for wife , passport bio page for wife and pcc for both, its just the meds to go which will be on the 15th Dec.

am i right in thinking that is all i now need to provide and they are happy with eveything so far?

Hi Jaso,

If this makes you feel better .They did the same to me - team 33 brisbane , sent an email to my existing company asking for the validity of my reference letter. That letter went to every department in my company, and finally came to a team which knew me, and my centre head gave me a call trying to find out about my future plans. I told her that its not a future plan but kind of a future option :) and its not granted yet and it will take time and bla bla... I don't know what they think about our employers .There is only till a point they can co-operate outside the scope of office work. Lets hope for the best

That is really weird. They shouldn't verify things like this. There are definitely many people like yourself who don't want their employers be aware of their migration plans unless it is confirmed. I hope things go well.

I am sure things will gonna be alright for you man. Don't worry! The important fact is that you have worked there and that's enough for DIAC.

Hi Jaso,

If this makes you feel better .They did the same to me - team 33 brisbane , sent an email to my existing company asking for the validity of my reference letter.

oh no,,, this is bad... i have a CO from team 33 brisbane too.

who issued your reference letter? your HR depart??

which country are you from ?

Edited by plutology

Hi Jaso,

If this makes you feel better .They did the same to me - team 33 brisbane , sent an email to my existing company asking for the validity of my reference letter. That letter went to every department in my company, and finally came to a team which knew me, and my centre head gave me a call trying to find out about my future plans. I told her that its not a future plan but kind of a future option :) and its not granted yet and it will take time and bla bla... I don't know what they think about our employers .There is only till a point they can co-operate outside the scope of office work. Lets hope for the best

Hi swe,

Welcome to the club!! I guess you are the second person here after me who reported that DIAC sent an email with the complete documentation of your current job to your current company to validate. You are from which country and did the HR sign the reference letter or your colleague?

Cheers,

jbb

Hi everyone

i just logged into my visa application and usually my application status says in progress but now it says application received. Is that a step back? What order is it supposed to go in?!

thanks

Mine is saying the same thing. I think they are still trying to fix the evisa system. It has happened before so I don't think you should worry. That system is a mess.

Hi, I am from high risk country India :) .I got the letter signed by my center head because I had a good rapport with my seniors, but this re- confirming has made them scared. So I had a long discussion with them, explaining that- I like working here, and I am excited about the current projects and future work for me. First they ask us to submit an unofficial document(Reference letter - It is not there in company's standard document list) and then they have to rub it in their face, that they have provided it. The offer letters, payslips, relieving letters , hike letters ,promotion letters, experience letter, job title are not sufficient it seems- everyone only needs a non standard reference letter to prove that we are software engineers. One of my previous company's HR refused it point blank, saying its against the company's policy. I had to escalate it to the top to get that letter . I don't know how they will like replying to their standard verification mail.... But I guess these are the perks of being born in a high risk country...

I haven't asked my colleague to sign the reference letter because funnily for me it was easier to get it from the seniors as they were more accessible.I have changed four companies and didn't keep in touch. But colleague's letter should not be a problem because they have worked with you, and they know what you do.

Hi swe,

Welcome to the club!! I guess you are the second person here after me who reported that DIAC sent an email with the complete documentation of your current job to your current company to validate. You are from which country and did the HR sign the reference letter or your colleague?

Cheers,

jbb

Small update from me!!

I had telephone interview on Monday morning with a prospective employer after I sent an email to them which was a lead from the ACT settlement officer and they are impressed with my C.V. and in January are sorting out things their end and they have agreed to give me 3 months trial from Easter as we told them we were validating then so it looks like I will stay and the wife and boy will come back and move over October time so its a very good start.

Small update from me!!

I had telephone interview on Monday morning with a prospective employer after I sent an email to them which was a lead from the ACT settlement officer and they are impressed with my C.V. and in January are sorting out things their end and they have agreed to give me 3 months trial from Easter as we told them we were validating then so it looks like I will stay and the wife and boy will come back and move over October time so its a very good start.

:ssign19::hug: wowwww....this is indeed excellent news sully!!! I am so happy for you!! Many congratulations......I guess you have started your new innings in Oz with a sixer!!! :) All the best mate!!

plutology,

when did u get ur CO?

Ur time line please. My timelines are similar to u ecept that i havent got a co yet

did you contact DIAC?

i got my CO on monday..

she replied me on Tues to acknowledge receipt my files and also said our health are cleared. She is quite responsive.

Now left PCC pending....

Had THE email confirmation that our 190 visa has been granted!!!! Woooooo Hooooo. Its been impossible to sleep and my mind is ticking over now cos we've finally got the go ahead to start planning our new life down under. Sure there will be a lot more of you receiving your notifications this week too, so good luck everyone!! PS our case officer was from team 33 Brisbane.

:em3600: