September 190 visa lodged gang

kimsdu

Finally submitted our police checks last night so think thats it for paperwork.....unless CO asks for yet more (pswebb u know what I mean!)

CO emailed me this morning to say it will be about 'a week or so' before we get an email with the result so fingers crossed they everything they need and this part of the adventure ends positively!!!

:cute:

Fingers crossed for you, hopefully you won't get an email like we did!

Good luck!

Paul

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Fowlerfamily,

Thanks for your support.

I've got a day off work today so off to the solicitors to get a few things certified, and to Nationwide to order the cheque for payment.

I'll certainly be posting my progress on here, by the time it's all sorted ill have joined a 'December 190 lodged' thread though, lol!

Day off, perfect, once you've done those things on your list you will feel a bit better, each step ticked off helps, but stay up tonight and make that phonecall to TRA, don't delay!

And no talking like that about December 190 Lodged, positive thinking!!

I admit I panicked like mad about my meds being referred and very nearly changed a lot of our plans as I just assumed the worst but a couple of days later everything was sorted and actually I felt silly for overreacting but thinkg is we've all invested so much in this whole thing and lets be honest, its a big deal and means a heck of a lot so its going to mess with us emotionally!

So, onwards and upwards, another hoop to jump through, so lets jump through it!!

And thanks for your good luck wishes!

Have a good day off, treat yourself!

:em3600:

Day off, perfect, once you've done those things on your list you will feel a bit better, each step ticked off helps, but stay up tonight and make that phonecall to TRA, don't delay!

And no talking like that about December 190 Lodged, positive thinking!!

I admit I panicked like mad about my meds being referred and very nearly changed a lot of our plans as I just assumed the worst but a couple of days later everything was sorted and actually I felt silly for overreacting but thinkg is we've all invested so much in this whole thing and lets be honest, its a big deal and means a heck of a lot so its going to mess with us emotionally!

So, onwards and upwards, another hoop to jump through, so lets jump through it!!

And thanks for your good luck wishes!

Have a good day off, treat yourself!

:em3600:

My wife spoke to TRA this morning before going to work (she's a baker and gets up at silly o'clock!)

We only have to send paperwork that wasn't included in her skills assessment which is good. Hopefully it will speed things up with a bit of luck!

Have to say being on this forum certainly helps you get through the difficult & frustrating times of moving to Oz! Whether its a few kind words of moral support or much needed advice it certainly keeps you heading in the right direction.

Best wishes.

Paul

Pswebb

the fowler family are right you need to have postivie thinking. There is always a way if you want it. Look at me i got unsuccessful vetasses, then unsuccessful state sponsorship, but i wanted it so much that i didnt give up, i thought positive, reviewed my situation and got on with it. Yes it has taken a lot longer than i expected, i am pretrified to think what will happen at this stage but as the saying goes:

no one said it would be easy, but they said it would be worth it

you have not had a no, you can get the information so really nothing to worry about. The only problem is it will take slightly longer.

Good Luck

Pswebb

the fowler family are right you need to have postivie thinking. There is always a way if you want it. Look at me i got unsuccessful vetasses, then unsuccessful state sponsorship, but i wanted it so much that i didnt give up, i thought positive, reviewed my situation and got on with it. Yes it has taken a lot longer than i expected, i am pretrified to think what will happen at this stage but as the saying goes:

no one said it would be easy, but they said it would be worth it

you have not had a no, you can get the information so really nothing to worry about. The only problem is it will take slightly longer.

Good Luck

Thanks N7kkp.

We're staying positive, just really frustrating that we could've done it ages ago if we'd realised we would need it.

My wife emailed our CO and she replied saying the following

You need an opinion from TRA as to whether the overseas employment you are claiming for the points test is skilled employment in your nominated occupation. You do require employment points in order to meet the points test and will not pass the points test if your claimed employment was not in your skilled occupation (at a skilled level). Therefore, before awarding these points I need to be satisfied that the employment you are claiming was in your skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation.

So basically we need to do a Points test advice application via TRA.

Was really hoping we'd be in Oz by xmas, but can't see it happening now, as TRA aren't the most efficient of people for doing things quickly!!

Hey ho, onwards and upwards!!

Oh no crappy delay!! I hope they sort it quickly for you and you never know you still could make it by Xmas...

Good luck and keep us posted please.

My wife spoke to TRA this morning before going to work (she's a baker and gets up at silly o'clock!)

We only have to send paperwork that wasn't included in her skills assessment which is good. Hopefully it will speed things up with a bit of luck!

Have to say being on this forum certainly helps you get through the difficult & frustrating times of moving to Oz! Whether its a few kind words of moral support or much needed advice it certainly keeps you heading in the right direction.

Best wishes.

Paul

Hi pwsebb!

I may have a "VISA Granted" status to talk about, but there is another old story I want to tell you about!

2007 July - I applied for a Skilled Australian Sponsored [sub class 138] visa through an agent. Every single morning, I would wake up and check my email hoping to see an update, but all I saw was... nothing! days turned into weeks, months and then a couple of years!!! My agent would just send me a "about few more months to go!" email every 6 months and I would continue to wait with hope!

2010 June - A sunny morning I FINALLY see an email from my agent! My heart was pumping and stomach churning!! Was it a grant?!! Is the wait over??? I open the email to find an attachment which read:

"" This application is one that is affected by the “cap and cease provisions” outlined above and on 25 June 2010 the cap was reached. This means that for the reasons outlined above, this application “is taken never to have been made” and no further processing can occur. ""

All my hopes and dreams DASHED by this one email!! :( It was a feeling I hoped no other visa applicant should ever go through!

So it was in 2011 Dec that I decided to give it another shot and apply "on my own" for a quicker and realistic Visa - The Skilled Nominated 190! And here I am, thinking about the past!

So if you look at your situation, you are WAY WAY better placed than I was before! Please do not worry about anything as your visa is being looked at and no longer in a queue. Just a bit of documentation which I am sure you can sort out and which you will - you have come this far haven't you! :) Just a few more days... Go through it... You will cherish it! :) Cheers! God Bless!

Hi pwsebb!

I may have a "VISA Granted" status to talk about, but there is another old story I want to tell you about!

2007 July - I applied for a Skilled Australian Sponsored [sub class 138] visa through an agent. Every single morning, I would wake up and check my email hoping to see an update, but all I saw was... nothing! days turned into weeks, months and then a couple of years!!! My agent would just send me a "about few more months to go!" email every 6 months and I would continue to wait with hope!

2010 June - A sunny morning I FINALLY see an email from my agent! My heart was pumping and stomach churning!! Was it a grant?!! Is the wait over??? I open the email to find an attachment which read:

"" This application is one that is affected by the “cap and cease provisions” outlined above and on 25 June 2010 the cap was reached. This means that for the reasons outlined above, this application “is taken never to have been made” and no further processing can occur. ""

All my hopes and dreams DASHED by this one email!! :( It was a feeling I hoped no other visa applicant should ever go through!

So it was in 2011 Dec that I decided to give it another shot and apply "on my own" for a quicker and realistic Visa - The Skilled Nominated 190! And here I am, thinking about the past!

So if you look at your situation, you are WAY WAY better placed than I was before! Please do not worry about anything as your visa is being looked at and no longer in a queue. Just a bit of documentation which I am sure you can sort out and which you will - you have come this far haven't you! :) Just a few more days... Go through it... You will cherish it! :) Cheers! God Bless!

Hats off to your patience, grit and perseverance ra2cool. It's no wonder then that you are 2cool. Thank you for sharing your experience and above all never to give hope in life!!

Best wishes.

Paul

Great news Paul!!

Do you have to post the paperwork or can it be scanned and emailed?

Posting can take a while - I even resorted to getting paperwork couriered out in an earlier attempt to beat 1st July deadline!

Desperate measures but anything is worth a shot to ease the pain! I am totally with you regarding the frustration - it drives me nuts.

I like to know what I'm doing and when so this whole procedure is painful for me. My hubby is much more laid back than me and has the 'it will be what it will be attitude' and doesn't get why I let it stress me out!! I definitely need a chill pill else I'll have had a heart attack before I get there!!

And yes this forum is a pure godsend - don't know where I'd be without it!

Finally - you said you were getting docs certified - on your email from your CO, didn't it tell you that colour scans were acceptable?

I did and it has saved me time and money not having to take it all to solicitors. Check that one.

Selina

Hi pwsebb!

ra2cool - wow is all I can say!!

I cannot imagine how that must have been. Puts my own little journey into perspective - it has been plain sailing really in comparison!!

Good luck to you, you deserve it!

Great news Paul!!

Do you have to post the paperwork or can it be scanned and emailed?

Posting can take a while - I even resorted to getting paperwork couriered out in an earlier attempt to beat 1st July deadline!

Desperate measures but anything is worth a shot to ease the pain! I am totally with you regarding the frustration - it drives me nuts.

I like to know what I'm doing and when so this whole procedure is painful for me. My hubby is much more laid back than me and has the 'it will be what it will be attitude' and doesn't get why I let it stress me out!! I definitely need a chill pill else I'll have had a heart attack before I get there!!

And yes this forum is a pure godsend - don't know where I'd be without it!

Finally - you said you were getting docs certified - on your email from your CO, didn't it tell you that colour scans were acceptable?

I did and it has saved me time and money not having to take it all to solicitors. Check that one.

Selina

Hi Selina,

The paperwork I'm getting certified is to send to TRA. It is part of the points advice application so has to be posted unfortunately!

Do they accept colour photocopies then?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi pwsebb!

Never will I feel like I've had a hard ride having read your situation.

You must've been tearing your hair out on more than one occasion!

Moving to Oz is a stressful journey as we're all too aware, but your determination gives hope to all of us still waiting.

Best of luck with your new life down under!

Thanks

Paul

Hi Selina,

The paperwork I'm getting certified is to send to TRA. It is part of the points advice application so has to be posted unfortunately!

Do they accept colour photocopies then?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul

Sorry I was talking about docs for visa, my CO has accepted all my docs as colour scans.

Depending on how desperate you are to get your docs to TRA, have you considering sending by courier?

It cost less than I thought it was although did it through our agent so maybe they had a special rate?

Might be worth considering or even might be worth asking TRA if they will accept a colour scan that has been certified?

See how my head goes racing for options all the time!! Been like this since we started!

My hair is actually falling out in handfuls now, and I joke not!!!!

Keep us posted!

Selina

Is there a chance this wont be issued? Or is it 100% and just a formality of waiting for it?

I'd like to think it was 100% but knowing how DIAC works, I'm taking nothing for granted!

You can't apply for a points advice without a successful skills assessment, but I'm gonna wait and see what happens before I get too excited!

Keeping fingers & everything else crossed that it won't take too long, although they do quote up to 60 days!

OMG WE GOT OUR GRANT THIS MORNING!!!!!!

Can't believe it, soooo happy

:ssign19:

I guess this would be a very special moment of your lives!! Many congratulations to you and your family!!! Have a blast this weekend :biggrin:

Archived