September 190 visa lodged gang

kimsdu

Hi pswebb38

My case officer asked for the letter confirming my successful assessment and my certificate.

I emailed it direct to Team 33 today and visa was approved within a few hours!

I hope this helps and good luck...hopefully it wont be long now:biggrin:

What certificate was that? I'm sure we only got a letter from TRA.

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My wife is the main applicant. All we got from TRA was a letter confirming that her assessment was successful, should we have received anything else then?

I think our CO is asking for a points test advice by the sounds of it?

Ok then sounds like you just need to send the certificate of the successful outcome.

You got a feeling that the system doesn't work too well? Wanna see how well it does not work? Just look at the plight of the people [me included] in this thread:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/123787-evisa-system-currently-unavailable.html

It was 2-3 weeks of hell for all of us! :(

Yes i know, Major problems when they launched the new skill select which is why they were only taking minimal applications in July !! You would think the government could afford the best technical staff and troubleshoot it before it went live!! Lodging EOIs and uploading docs seemed to take forever and then to find out that they needed them again LOL Glad we have our visa now the whole process was stressfull!!!

Ok then sounds like you just need to send the certificate of the successful outcome.

We've already sent the outcome letter to our CO. not sure what certificate you mean, we simply got a letter from TRA saying the outcome was successful. Are we missing something then or are you referring to points advice?

Guest oztastic
We've already sent the outcome letter to our CO. not sure what certificate you mean, we simply got a letter from TRA saying the outcome was successful. Are we missing something then or are you referring to points advice?

pswebb38

Not to sure about the points advice...

I just sent my my Trade Certificate

after i submit the requested documents, i got an email from my CO stating that he is satisfied with what i submit to him and awaiting only for my new baby documents when delivered (end of December).

fingers crossed until January.

Hi pswebb

I'm reading hoping you get sorted.

Have you spoken to your CO?

Mine is really helpful so I'm sure they will tell you exactly what it is they need from you.

Surely this is the last thing for you before your grant!

Keep going, almost there!

PSWEBB my husband got a shiny certificate after his skills assesment along with the letter but this was a carpentry Vetasses (TRA) . Im not sure of your wifes trade so maybe no certificate was issued?? I would ask your CO they will tell you exactly what they want to see.

Good luck

Hi Shablo

out of interest what types of documents did the co ask for?

Thanks

N7kkp,

the CO requested the following:

copy of my wife and son passport

proof of employment for the last 3 years (which my current employer), 4 samples of bank statements for each year.

Hi pswebb

I'm sorry I can't help you with this, but I'm gutted that it wasn't a straight grant for you but the fact that they are asking for more info means they are looking at your case and once you have submitted what they want you WILL get your grant. Try not to worry (says the most stressy person ever!!) but we just have to jump through the hoops in order to get what we want.

My CO has been totally brilliant and replies as soon as he reads the message - you have team 33 brisbane also don't you?

Not much longer now ..... it will all be worth it

:hug:

Hey Fowler Family,

Could you please let us know your CO's initials? Is your CO from Team 33 Brisbane?

Thanks, v190

after i submit the requested documents, i got an email from my CO stating that he is satisfied with what i submit to him and awaiting only for my new baby documents when delivered (end of December).

fingers crossed until January.

shabo, That's great news!

Just thought of checking, how many hours / days does CO take to reply to emails?

Also, which Team does your CO belongs to? and his/her initials please?

Thanks, v190

shabo, That's great news!

Just thought of checking, how many hours / days does CO take to reply to emails?

Also, which Team does your CO belongs to? and his/her initials please?

Thanks, v190

He replied within one day only.

team 2 MD

Hi pswebb

I'm reading hoping you get sorted.

Have you spoken to your CO?

Mine is really helpful so I'm sure they will tell you exactly what it is they need from you.

Surely this is the last thing for you before your grant!

Keep going, almost there!

My wife emailed our CO and she replied saying the following

You need an opinion from TRA as to whether the overseas employment you are claiming for the points test is skilled employment in your nominated occupation. You do require employment points in order to meet the points test and will not pass the points test if your claimed employment was not in your skilled occupation (at a skilled level). Therefore, before awarding these points I need to be satisfied that the employment you are claiming was in your skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation.

So basically we need to do a Points test advice application via TRA.

Was really hoping we'd be in Oz by xmas, but can't see it happening now, as TRA aren't the most efficient of people for doing things quickly!!

Hey ho, onwards and upwards!!

Lets hope it doesn't take too long to get the points test advisory letter. Considering you've already got a positive assessment it should just be a formality. Fingers crossed you get it sorted soon!

Hi d4ddyc00l, thanks for your support.

We're keeping fingers and everything else crossed right now!

Hopefully it won't take too long!

My wife emailed our CO and she replied saying the following

You need an opinion from TRA as to whether the overseas employment you are claiming for the points test is skilled employment in your nominated occupation. You do require employment points in order to meet the points test and will not pass the points test if your claimed employment was not in your skilled occupation (at a skilled level). Therefore, before awarding these points I need to be satisfied that the employment you are claiming was in your skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation.

So basically we need to do a Points test advice application via TRA.

Was really hoping we'd be in Oz by xmas, but can't see it happening now, as TRA aren't the most efficient of people for doing things quickly!!

Hey ho, onwards and upwards!!

Hi pswebb

Its bonkers isn't it. Surely thats what you did the skills test for in the first place??!!!

I really feel for you, I know how we felt when we thought my medical was going into referral.

But like you say onwards and upwards, don't email TRA, make a phonecall otherwise you can waste weeks just waiting for replies.

Take the bull by the horns to get it sorted then your stress will be over.

Positive thinking, if you get this sorted as quickly as you possibly can then your xmas adventure might still happen!!

My fingers are crossed for you, keep us posted :em3600:

Finally submitted our police checks last night so think thats it for paperwork.....unless CO asks for yet more (pswebb u know what I mean!)

CO emailed me this morning to say it will be about 'a week or so' before we get an email with the result so fingers crossed they everything they need and this part of the adventure ends positively!!!

:cute:

Hi pswebb

Its bonkers isn't it. Surely thats what you did the skills test for in the first place??!!!

I really feel for you, I know how we felt when we thought my medical was going into referral.

But like you say onwards and upwards, don't email TRA, make a phonecall otherwise you can waste weeks just waiting for replies.

Take the bull by the horns to get it sorted then your stress will be over.

Positive thinking, if you get this sorted as quickly as you possibly can then your xmas adventure might still happen!!

My fingers are crossed for you, keep us posted :em3600:

Hi Fowlerfamily,

Thanks for your support.

I've got a day off work today so off to the solicitors to get a few things certified, and to Nationwide to order the cheque for payment.

I'll certainly be posting my progress on here, by the time it's all sorted ill have joined a 'December 190 lodged' thread though, lol!

Archived