September 190 visa lodged gang

kimsdu

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had a very stressy weekend.

Chased up my medicals to be told my husbands and childrens had been cleared but mine had been referred to a medical officer of the commonwealth.

I quickly learnt form the thread 'medicals referred for more than 30 days' that this could be an 8-10 week wait.

Was totally gutted all weekend. I know deep down there is nothing seriously wrong with me but being so close to getting the visa then this spanner in the works - can you imagine. Hubby and I had a dreadful weekend. We were planning to emmigrate in January so an 8-10 week wait could seriously jeopardise that.

However woke this morning to an email saying my medicals had been cleared!!!!!!

Can you imagine our elation :jiggy:

Totally great start to the day - what a huuuuge relief!!

Just police checks to come back now then all done, fingers crossed!!

Hi! I must say this was a gripping little narration of your weekend which thankfully ended with happiness! I mean I myself was so gutted when I reached the middle of your paragraph, but then... thats some lovely news at the end of it all!

Its just about time now! Once you send your PCC, its all done! Fingers crossed and waiting for the glory email!! :) Cheers!

Hello! If you have got the Health Check List [with Health request ID or HAP] along with the acknowledgement then you can go ahead and schedule your meds. In fact you can also go ahead with the PCC as the CO will ask for it any way. The only thing which can wait will be the Form 80 as it really differs from CO to CO whether they ask for it or not.

Hi ra2cool,

If you look at my timelines can you provide an approx timeline as to when can I have a CO assigned to my application. Also when and how can you I come to know the status of my medicals?

Any insight on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

jbb

Hi ra2cool,

If you look at my timelines can you provide an approx timeline as to when can I have a CO assigned to my application. Also when and how can you I come to know the status of my medicals?

Any insight on this will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

jbb

Hi jbb! Well looks like you have pretty much done everything expected of you and just the CO assignment [assuming it has not happened yet] is pending. Now here are the probabilities...

1. You get your CO assigned any moment now and thereafter maybe asked for additional documents if required.

2. You could even get your grant letter any moment as I have seen in some cases!

So in terms of timelines, there isn't any definite one in your case as it could be any moment!! :) Good Luck!

Coming to your question on medicals, there are 2 ways you could get your health status:

- Email your details to health.strategies@immi.gov.au

- Call 61 286665777 and provide your Passport Number and DOB

You will get your details immediately.

Hi jbb! Well looks like you have pretty much done everything expected of you and just the CO assignment [assuming it has not happened yet] is pending. Now here are the probabilities...

1. You get your CO assigned any moment now and thereafter maybe asked for additional documents if required.

2. You could even get your grant letter any moment as I have seen in some cases!

So in terms of timelines, there isn't any definite one in your case as it could be any moment!! :) Good Luck!

Coming to your question on medicals, there are 2 ways you could get your health status:

- Email your details to health.strategies@immi.gov.au

- Call 61 286665777 and provide your Passport Number and DOB

You will get your details immediately.

Hi ra2cool,

I sent you a private message. Can you please reply.

Thanks.

Just got an email from our case officer, and she is asking for the relevant assessing authority (TRA in our case) to provide their opinion that my wife's employment in her current job is classed as skilled employment for the purpose of attaining points for overseas employment.

Has anyone else had to do this, and what the hell do we do next?

Major panicking now as worried this might be a major problem!

HELP!

Guest oztastic

Hi Guys

I have been glued to this forum for the last month...lol....and well done to everyone who has received their 190 visas :biggrin:

Our agent applied for ours on the 20th Sept, meds done 2nd Oct and now is asking for the Form 80.....

Is anyone else having problems with the size of PDF files you can send to your case officer????? (My Form 80 is around 1.9MB and my agent says the case officer can only accept documents up to 1MB) O

My agent wants me to post the forms to them which could take up to 2 weeks and delay the process even more:wacko:

Any help would be greatfully received before the loony bin calls .....LOL:happy_face_mummy_go

THANK YOU

Guest Nomads 1987
Hi Guys

I have been glued to this forum for the last month...lol....and well done to everyone who has received their 190 visas :biggrin:

Our agent applied for ours on the 20th Sept, meds done 2nd Oct and now is asking for the Form 80.....

Is anyone else having problems with the size of PDF files you can send to your case officer????? (My Form 80 is around 1.9MB and my agent says the case officer can only accept documents up to 1MB) O

My agent wants me to post the forms to them which could take up to 2 weeks and delay the process even more:wacko:

Any help would be greatfully received before the loony bin calls .....LOL:happy_face_mummy_go

THANK YOU

You can save it as 2 or 3 seperate files (just put part 1, part 2 etc.)or just set your scanner to the lowest DPI available.

Guest Nomads 1987
Just got an email from our case officer, and she is asking for the relevant assessing authority (TRA in our case) to provide their opinion that my wife's employment in her current job is classed as skilled employment for the purpose of attaining points for overseas employment.

HELP!

We weren't claiming for work experience so I am not sure. Hope somebody has an answer soon.

Good luck and really hope it all works out for you.

HELP!

pswebb,

Maybe your CO means that you need to provide not only result of assessment by TRA, but also points test advisory letter?

For example, my MA requested from VETASSESS 2 output documents:

1 - result of assessment

2 - points test advisory letter

These are 2 separate documents,

I think no worries just write to TRA explaining CO query.

Best of luck to you!

HELP!

Hi pswebb

I'm sorry I can't help you with this, but I'm gutted that it wasn't a straight grant for you but the fact that they are asking for more info means they are looking at your case and once you have submitted what they want you WILL get your grant. Try not to worry (says the most stressy person ever!!) but we just have to jump through the hoops in order to get what we want.

My CO has been totally brilliant and replies as soon as he reads the message - you have team 33 brisbane also don't you?

Not much longer now ..... it will all be worth it

:hug:

Guest oztastic

Thank you Nomads 1987 :biggrin:

I just called the DIAC direct and its all sorted, thankfully!

Just playing the waiting game now.................good luck everyone!!

I got an email from my CO today.

He is requesting ALL the documentation that we already uploaded on the system. Its really making me very nervous. Anyone had this?

Now I'm worried if the colour scannned documents we uploaded was the right thing to do? Should I certify everything and email it all to him?

I got an email from my CO today.

He is requesting ALL the documentation that we already uploaded on the system. Its really making me very nervous. Anyone had this?

Now I'm worried if the colour scannned documents we uploaded was the right thing to do? Should I certify everything and email it all to him?

Dont worry we had to do this too, I got a feeling that their NEW system doesnt work too well!!! We had already uploaded everything and the case officer asked for it all again, We too thought it was weird but i saw on other threads that most people had to do this. Dont worry its normal.. And we have our Grant so all is good.

HELP!

So is it your wife who is the main applicant?? Or is she secondary and you are also claiming points for her work? Sorry confused..

If she is main applicant then just send the TRA certificate of positive skills and the points letter

If she is secondary then its the same but most people dont have a secondary applicant as its only 5 points for partner skills but you still have to be assessed at the cost so its not worth it...

Sorry trying to help but dont fully understand your situation.

Dont worry we had to do this too, I got a feeling that their NEW system doesnt work too well!!! We had already uploaded everything and the case officer asked for it all again, We too thought it was weird but i saw on other threads that most people had to do this. Dont worry its normal.. And we have our Grant so all is good.

Thanks kimsdu! :cute:

You got a feeling that the system doesn't work too well? Wanna see how well it does not work? Just look at the plight of the people [me included] in this thread:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/123787-evisa-system-currently-unavailable.html

It was 2-3 weeks of hell for all of us! :(

So is it your wife who is the main applicant?? Or is she secondary and you are also claiming points for her work? Sorry confused..

If she is main applicant then just send the TRA certificate of positive skills and the points letter

If she is secondary then its the same but most people dont have a secondary applicant as its only 5 points for partner skills but you still have to be assessed at the cost so its not worth it...

Sorry trying to help but dont fully understand your situation.

My wife is the main applicant. All we got from TRA was a letter confirming that her assessment was successful, should we have received anything else then?

I think our CO is asking for a points test advice by the sounds of it?

congratulations!

My wife is the main applicant. All we got from TRA was a letter confirming that her assessment was successful, should we have received anything else then?

I think our CO is asking for a points test advice by the sounds of it?

With my Vetassess skills assessment I paid extra (not much) for a Points Test Advisory Letter. It basically says that from period a (start of relevant occupation) to period b (end of relevant occupation, or present date if still in that position) that you were employed in a relevant occupation.

I've uploaded mine with work references and p60's.

Guest oztastic

Hi pswebb38

My case officer asked for the letter confirming my successful assessment and my certificate.

I emailed it direct to Team 33 today and visa was approved within a few hours!

I hope this helps and good luck...hopefully it wont be long now:biggrin:

Archived