The truth about how expensive Perth is!!

Guest Perthprincess

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I actually find wine here to be a similar price or more expensive than at home!

eg - d'Arenberg Footbolt Shiraz, a decent bottle of Mclaren Vale stuff I've had from Dan's recently - $16-$18 in Aus, about 9 or 10 quid in the UK. So pretty much the same price

European wine is obviously cheaper in the UK (for obvious reasons) and I drink that too - probably 50/50 with Aussie stuff

You can get a 5 litre box of gorgeous wine in Australia for half the price in the UK, if you want it out of a bottle it's as dear as 5 litres, seems crazy to me.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest guest17301
who would wear jeans by target though....unless you are over 50.

people who like to wear decent jeans and a bit of street cred.

That's so true it's what's inside the pants that counts :wink:

Designer jeans are a bit like a big overstated car I reckon....

Guest guest17301
You can get a 5 litre box of gorgeous wine in Australia for half the price in the UK, if you want it out of a bottle it's as dear as 5 litres, seems crazy to me.

If it comes in 5ltr casks its not gorgeous Hoff...trust me....

Guest The Ropey HOFF
If it comes in 5ltr casks its not gorgeous Hoff...trust me....

Well it might have been 4 litres, that fruits of the berry stuff, we liked it, but then again we are commoners, lady snooty pants, lol.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Cheap wine with a splash of lemonade in it....don't say you've never done it :skeptical:

Nice drink that mate, it's like a spritzer drink, loads of ice, on a nice hot sunny day, sitting outside on a lounger ...... Beautiful.

Guest guest17301
Well it might have been 4 litres, that fruits of the berry stuff, we liked it, but then again we are commoners, lady snooty pants, lol.

Yuk...the only cask wine worth having is the banrock station 2 ltr. I admit is very tempting to buy huge quantities of wine for ridiculously cheap price...I had to do it for a few weeks then I admitted to myself it was actually cack...

Guest guest17301
Cheap wine with a splash of lemonade in it....don't say you've never done it :skeptical:

Why oh why would you ruin a good bottle of wine with lemonade??? I did it when I was 18 maybe...now when my Nan visits and wants lemo in her wine (as she does) I make her have the cheap stuff or drink it straight...cant taste it with pop in it so why bother?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Yuk...the only cask wine worth having is the banrock station 2 ltr. I admit is very tempting to buy huge quantities of wine for ridiculously cheap price...I had to do it for a few weeks then I admitted to myself it was actually cack...

The wife drinks Hock and Liebframilch, we found a few wines like that really cheap, the wife was happy with it, so was I, it tasted great to me, loads of ice on a nice hot sunny day, lol.

Guest guest17301
The wife drinks Hock and Liebframilch, we found a few wines like that really cheap, the wife was happy with it, so was I, it tasted great to me, loads of ice on a nice hot sunny day, lol.

Lol, if she drinks what you say she will like the cask stuff, its a bit sweet like those wines....not to my taste but each to their own (not being snotty honest)...............

Bloody commoners...if you come to my gaff when you emigrate you cant bring that muck....

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Lol, if she drinks what you say she will like the cask stuff, its a bit sweet like those wines....not to my taste but each to their own (not being snotty honest)...............

Bloody commoners...if you come to my gaff when you emigrate you cant bring that muck....

I know yer not snooty, most nurses are normal working class lasses, lol

Guest The Ropey HOFF
It was actaully Fruity Gordo at $12 for 5 litres

I knew it was cheap kev, that's well less than half the price of what we pay in the UK, the wife thought it was really nice as well.

You could save a fortune if you change from drinking beer to wine, you could get 5 litres of gorgeous wine for half the price it cost in the UK, you could afford a full wardrobe of designer clothes with all the savings, Australia ...... Yer can save as yer drink, lol.

Hoff, wine actually costs mre in iz than in the uk and 3 times as much as in the supermarkets in france, have you got a link to this 5 litres of nectar?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hoff, wine actually costs mre in iz than in the uk and 3 times as much as in the supermarkets in france, have you got a link to this 5 litres of nectar?

If you ever go to Australia you will see it for yourself, kev posted the cost and he lives there, take it up with him.

If you ever go to Australia you will see it for yourself, kev posted the cost and he lives there, take it up with him.

No need I actually lived and worked their unlike you who ad a 3 week holiday, Perth is far more expensive even when you take wages into it, the cost of lager and beer the staple of life is just ridiculous.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
No need I actually lived and worked their unlike you who ad a 3 week holiday, Perth is far more expensive even when you take wages into it, the cost of lager and beer the staple of life is just ridiculous.

Jeeeeeeez you talk a load of cobblers.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Some folks don't know how to drink wine...................adding lemonade to white, drinking Rose ...........................you'll be chilling a good red next !!

People like different drinks and have differing tastes, I can't stand beer, I like lager, a bit, I love wine, but not that dry acidic stuff, I like a hock type or Liebframilch and luckily enough in Oz they sell it by the bucket load at least half the price it costs in the UK. YEAH BABY!!!!!!