Is the grass greener?

Westward Ho

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The critics base their opinions on a car when new. Most don't take account of (or even know of) reliability or maintenance issues. I'd take notice of mechanics every time.

Totally agree - my son is a mechanic and when it came time for me to buy a new car last year, he gave me a list of the cars I should consider, in order of what he would recommend. Fortunately my choice of Mazda 3 top of the range, was his first choice.... loving my new car!

Guest chris955
And the other 99 mechanics probably love them.

I must admit that next to new Minis they seem to be about the most common car on the roads here, at least around these parts.

Totally agree - my son is a mechanic and when it came time for me to buy a new car last year, he gave me a list of the cars I should consider, in order of what he would recommend. Fortunately my choice of Mazda 3 top of the range, was his first choice.... loving my new car!

Love this!! When I was in the market for a new small car a few years ago I opted for the Mazda 2 - still absolutely loving it 5 years later.:wubclub: (Mazda 3 was slightly too wide to fit into my half of the garage - OH feared for all his motorbikes filling up the other half - or so he said. :rolleyes:)

My wife had one of those in the UK.....we looked at everything and it felt the best screwed together, and nicest to drive - better than a Golf in both respects (in our opinion, not necessarily that of critics)

We were very pleased with our buy - sorry to sell it tbh

Things are going to get very bad here in the UK and Europe for a very long time. The PM has admitted at least another 10 years of very hard times (AKA Austerity). Remember, the Austerity cuts have barley begun here. My advice would be to look at whether your family in the UK is your priority rather than jobs etc as you like everyone will need them and they will no doubt need you.I am heading to Australia to ride out the storm coming, at least with all its issues, Australia hasn't got anywhere near the debt problems of the UK. I am doing it for my son, I don't want him owing £40,000 pounds or £20,000 of government debt at the age of 2...sorry, whish I could be more positive for you. Best of luck
It's crap here too, my husband just lost his job no benefits available to us and my son who returned 2 yrs ago can't get uni funding without an income assessment from us and we can't support him, I hate my job but will have to work full time to support us as my daughter is here on an international student visa so I'm expected to support two international students and my family here on one income!!! At least in the uk you get housing and job seekers if you loose your job here nada so trapped!! Anyone thinking of coming make sure you have enough money to support yourselves as jobs here are very hard to get!!!

Move to a different area then,it's glorious and open around where I live, the Cotswolds on my doorstep...gods country.

That's your answer to everything isn't it. It isn't possible for everyone. We had to be commutable to London. The closest we could afford was a 3 hour daily round trip commute on top of a 12 hour work day. Not much fun for anyone in our family.

For some it will be greener and others it won't. Tis simple!

That's your answer to everything isn't it. It isn't possible for everyone. We had to be commutable to London. The closest we could afford was a 3 hour daily round trip commute on top of a 12 hour work day. Not much fun for anyone in our family.

For some it will be greener and others it won't. Tis simple!

Same in both countries though, crap areas in both, it is up to the individual to do something about it.

Same in both countries though, crap areas in both, it is up to the individual to do something about it.

I didn't live in a crap area, just one we could afford as close to London as we could get. We did something about it, improved our lives by moving to Perth. For others the move would be a mistake.

I didn't live in a crap area, just one we could afford as close to London as we could get. We did something about it, improved our lives by moving to Perth. For others the move would be a mistake.

That is what I am saying, if you live in a crap area of Australia try and move to a better area if possible.

It's crap here too, my husband just lost his job no benefits available to us and my son who returned 2 yrs ago can't get uni funding without an income assessment from us and we can't support him, I hate my job but will have to work full time to support us as my daughter is here on an international student visa so I'm expected to support two international students and my family here on one income!!! At least in the uk you get housing and job seekers if you loose your job here nada so trapped!! Anyone thinking of coming make sure you have enough money to support yourselves as jobs here are very hard to get!!!

What visa are you on Jabba?

Archived