Urgent Weight Gain Needed

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

Is it possible to gain 4kg in 2 weeks, if so what is the safest way of doing it. No its not for me (wish it was)

eat more calories than you burn off! lots of protein and carbs ( dont just carbs on own as will lose weight) and maybe some of the calorie build up drinks. bread and cheese are usually a good weight gain!It depends on their metabolism as some people just burn it off quickly!

A pound of fat contains around 3500 calories, so to gain 4 kg you'd need to consume around 30,000 calories beyond what you'd normally use.

If you want to do it over a fortnight then you'd be gobbling down an extra 2000 or more calories per day, which for the average person would mean doubling their food intake. I'm not convinced that's healthy.

This weight would mostly be fat, so unless the person in question has single digit bodyfat levels, it won't be good for them.

If you want to do it healthily then sign up for a gym, lift heavy weights and eat more. But that will take around six months for a typical, untrained male. And longer for a woman since they don't build muscle so easily.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Well I am down to 15 and a half stone now, I decided to lose weight ever since that ...... Andy took the piddle out of my belly, so I'm going in the opposite direction, but ...... Beer, curry, wine, Chinese, pies, steak, chips etc should help.

Guest AKA63029

Weight gain to that extreme Kate can be as bad as extreme weight loss as well, but the 'gain' should do less long term damage.

Plenty of carbs and weight gain shakes/potions that can be bought in may high street shops.

It is nigh on impossible to convert the calorific intake into 'muscle' in that short space of time, it will go on as 'fat' unfortunately, and could take a loonnnggg time to convert into muscle tissue, even then only with a fitness 'regime' that specifically targets problem areas and turns unwanted fat into muscle.

Either way it is a slippery slope, BUT, if done fairly sensibly and health kept an eye on the weight will go on, but I doubt very much if it will reach the amounts you quote my friend in that short space of time.

The ONE thing to avoid are animal fats to put on weight, all good in small doses, but too much can haunt you for the rest of your life.

Cheers Tony.

Guest littlesarah

From a physiological perspective, muscle doesn't 'turn into fat'. Fat is fat, and if you want to change fat weight for muscle weight you have to undertake an exercise and diet regime to lose fat from the fat cells under the skin and around organs, & increase muscle fibre diameter.

Guest AKA63029
From a physiological perspective, muscle doesn't 'turn into fat'. Fat is fat, and if you want to change fat weight for muscle weight you have to undertake an exercise and diet regime to lose fat from the fat cells under the skin and around organs, & increase muscle fibre diameter.

Sorry Sarah.

You've said what I tried to say, only with far more expertise.:yes:

Fat cells can never be truly got ridden of, just a case of not 'feeding' them.

Liposuction I guess is the only true way of getting rid of them, but a bit extreme.

Guest littlesarah
Sorry Sarah.

You've said what I tried to say, only with far more expertise.:yes:

Fat cells can never be truly got ridden of, just a case of not 'feeding' them.

Liposuction I guess is the only true way of getting rid of them, but a bit extreme.

I just can't help being a pedant! Hopefully you're not offended though. (I'm a nerd!)

Guest AKA63029
I just can't help being a pedant! Hopefully you're not offended though. (I'm a nerd!)

Not offended at all Sarah, learn something new everyday, never hurts does it.:yes:

Guest kaths

Depends on the metabolism of the person who needs to gain it, too. I agree that upping carbs will probably do it.

Buy a big tub of Cytogainer and drink 2 a day in between your main meals. It delivers a large portions of protein and carbs without the fat and sugar. A lot of bodybuilders who are trying to bulk up use it. You can get a big tub for around $90. Pricey but effective.

Definitely carbs such as pasta, potatoes and bread. Increase in glycogen storage will have an associated increase in stored water, I am sure I read somewhere that every 1g of glycogen has 4g of water associated with it? I would probably suggest lots of carbs, eat often, maybe some protein shakes, maybe things like lucozade or something like that?

Archived