Any 175ers still awaiting a CO?

Ohhh heck

Im a nurse and were thinking of heading out to Perth. Where are you handing to?

How do they notify us? I know by email but am worried it will go into junk mail and I'll miss it or accidentally delete it! Or maybe I'm just getting paranoid now!!!

Keep me posted.

2012OZ, we know the paranoid feeling as our status changed to 'application being processed further' on July 11th (also the date we had our TRN resent) but our agent assures us that we don't have anything to worry about. I keep thinking we're now lost in the system!

We're planning on Melbourne but are still open to other areas, anyone that can shed some light on best areas for a Analyst and Solicitor to find work please share :)

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly question time........... We haven't used an agent and everything has gone really smoothly and had our visa granted this week. We were expecting to have to pay a 2nd installment just prior to the visa being granted, the diac say this is $4110. Our CO hasnt requested this and our credit card hasn't been charged. I have just read the terms on their Webb site and it isn't very clear as we have to pay this or not. Does anone have any information or knowledge on this?

Silly question time........... We haven't used an agent and everything has gone really smoothly and had our visa granted this week. We were expecting to have to pay a 2nd installment just prior to the visa being granted, the diac say this is $4110. Our CO hasnt requested this and our credit card hasn't been charged. I have just read the terms on their Webb site and it isn't very clear as we have to pay this or not. Does anone have any information or knowledge on this?

Hi sandym. As far as I am aware you only have to pay the second instalment if any secondary applicant doesn't have functional English.

Hi sandym. As far as I am aware you only have to pay the second instalment if any secondary applicant doesn't have functional English.

Exactly, it is the case of my wife (secondary applicant).

Checking the online status of our application all documents are marked as 'met', PCC and Medicals finalised...

An email was sent today as reported in the status, my migration agent hasn't forwarded me anything yet... argh... :arghh:

I hope it will be just the request to pay the second instalment...let's keep waiting for good news!

Wow, thanks for that, I have also looked into it further and realised we DON'T have to pay it, it feels like we have just won the lottery, this weeks just gets better, we have just saved approx £3k :ssign19:

Hi 2012oz. I too am a nurse and we are hoping to head for Adelaide. This is such a scary and exciting time isn't it? I too was paranoid that firstly, they had lost my online app, then I would miss e email! Maybe it's a nurse thing eh? Have you applied for your aphra yet? I need to get on with this ASAP, the thought of sorting out MORE paperwork is a real drag. Just wanna sell the house and go now!

Hi ohhh heck,

Already have nurse registration from when I worked in Australa back in 2002. Glad I kept paying the fee and at least reduced the paperwork side of things!

Exciting times for you, let's hope Aphra comes through quickly when you apply and you can make the move soon. When are you hoping to go? What area of nursing are you in? Have you looked for jobs in oz yet?

Its def the nurse paranoia Nat!!! It comes through email ok, mine didn't go to junk email but i was constantly.checking anyway!!!! I still can't see on the email though what team the co is in, Will read it again later!!! I got themedical done today. 45 mins & €275 poorer!!! Still waiting on police check. Sent on 24th Aug. Got email saying they received it 30th Aug & now processing it!!!! Haven't got the Irish police check yet& applied for that 23rd Aug[. So just waiting on police checks now!!! Tomorrow is the new updated allocation dates for co's for anyone still waiting on a co!!!!QUOTE=2012OZ;1935956301]Im a nurse and were thinking of heading out to Perth. Where are you handing to?

How do they notify us? I know by email but am worried it will go into junk mail and I'll miss it or accidentall y delete it! Or maybe I'm just getting paranoid now!!!

Keep me posted.

I think I am being paranoid or thinking they have lost it as application submitted on 26th June and others have got CO that applied after!

Where did you have medical done? Was it in Ireland ? My friend just had medical here in uk and it cost him £340! Not sure how much for kids but I think it's going to be nearly £1000 for the 3 of us!

Exciting for you as soon as your police checks are back and meds all cleared the magic visa should be on its way to you. :biggrin:

Hi ohhh heck,

Already have nurse registration from when I worked in Australa back in 2002. Glad I kept paying the fee and at least reduced the paperwork side of things!

Exciting times for you, let's hope Aphra comes through quickly when you apply and you can make the move soon. When are you hoping to go? What area of nursing are you in? Have you looked for jobs in oz yet?

Hi 2012oz. All fingers crossed we hope to be out there by march - just gotta wait for actual visa! Sell the house, rehome two dogs, have a zillion car boot sales, oh yeah and say goodbye to everyone! Arghhhh. I am an endoscopy nurse and have seen quite a lot of bank/agency jobs in Adelaide. Let's just hope one of them has my name on it! How about you?

Hi 2012oz. All fingers crossed we hope to be out there by march - just gotta wait for actual visa! Sell the house, rehome two dogs, have a zillion car boot sales, oh yeah and say goodbye to everyone! Arghhhh. I am an endoscopy nurse and have seen quite a lot of bank/agency jobs in Adelaide. Let's just hope one of them has my name on it! How about you?

We also have to sell the house and rehome our so cute dog, as it is not allowed to bring dogs from my country. :(

We are planning to go to Melbourne in July (that is of course if we will get the grant :)).

Edited by elekter

Medicals finalised for all the family, in just one day!!

I need to pay the 2nd Instalment for my wife....everything else is met/finalised.... crossing everything!!!

Wow meds finalised in one day! That's great... my wife and i got our meds done on 03/09 in Sydney and they said it would take 2-3 weeks! The final wait is no treat but at least the nerves have calmed since we got a CO. Hope you get the grant soon :)

Wow meds finalised in one day! That's great... my wife and i got our meds done on 03/09 in Sydney and they said it would take 2-3 weeks! The final wait is no treat but at least the nerves have calmed since we got a CO. Hope you get the grant soon :)

Hi Placeabo,

today I received the official communication to pay for the 2nd Instalment, I already provided details of my credit cards, I hope they will charge them soon, all the rest is met/finalised, never been so happy to pay 4K AUD! :wink:

Good luck everyone!!

I sent our passports away today to get visa labels put in and for some strange reason I am really excited about seeing them, I think it just makes it much more real seeing a label. It all still seems a bit to surreal and unreal at the mo, exciting but I can't stop thinking I am dreaming it all. 175 days and counting now as we have set a provisional date of 2nd march :cool:

Guest melanie79

Hi sandym! Congrats-it is very exciting! Where do you send the passports too to get the labels? I thought it was electronic so when you fly into oz you would be on the system? Is that not how it works?

I sent our passports away today to get visa labels put in and for some strange reason I am really excited about seeing them, I think it just makes it much more real seeing a label. It all still seems a bit to surreal and unreal at the mo, exciting but I can't stop thinking I am dreaming it all. 175 days and counting now as we have set a provisional date of 2nd march :cool:

Hi sandym! Congrats-it is very exciting! Where do you send the passports too to get the labels? I thought it was electronic so when you fly into oz you would be on the system? Is that not how it works?

It is electronic, but apparently it helps having a label when you are in oz as rental agencies, employers etc etc like to see your proof of visa and they can't access the electronic version associated with your passports so it makes things a lot easier when you are setting up over there. It's free, you just pay postage. Here's the link http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_visa_evid.html

It is electronic, but apparently it helps having a label when you are in oz as rental agencies, employers etc etc like to see your proof of visa and they can't access the electronic version associated with your passports so it makes things a lot easier when you are setting up over there. It's free, you just pay postage. Here's the link http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/immi_visa_evid.html

Is it only for UK passport holders or is this service available also for other EU countries?

Is it only for UK passport holders or is this service available also for other EU countries?

I think everyone can get one, I just googled it. Google the Australian high commission in your country then click on the visa, migration & citizenship tab and scroll own to visa evidencing (visa label) and it will tell you.

Edited by sandym

Guest melanie79

thanks for that sandym!

[TABLE=class: tablecolour, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 31/07/2012 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] e-Mail sent to you [/TD]

[TD=width: 10%] [/TD]

[TD=width: 15%] Message [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 10/09/2012 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Health requirements finalised [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15%] 07/09/2012 [/TD]

[TD=width: 60%] Further medical results referred [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 60%] HIV blood test referred

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest melanie79

medicals uploaded today, received irish police cert in post this morning (17days), still waiting on uk police cert though (they received it 30th aug) so i rang them today & was told it was sent in post this morning! woohoo- just waiting for this to come in the post now then everything can be uploaded & i can sit back & wait for the 'grant' email (hopefully!!!) anyone got any good news today-like a co being allocated for those still waiting?!

medicals uploaded today, received irish police cert in post this morning (17days), still waiting on uk police cert though (they received it 30th aug) so i rang them today & was told it was sent in post this morning! woohoo- just waiting for this to come in the post now then everything can be uploaded & i can sit back & wait for the 'grant' email (hopefully!!!) anyone got any good news today-like a co being allocated for those still waiting?!

Hi Mel,

Great news on your medicals and police check. Woo hoo hopefully not long now before that magic grant.

Sadly still waiting on a case officer, am getting more paranoid by the day!

Nat. X

Guys,

Just to emphasize the point, if you can i would seriously think about getting the visa label put in your passport.

I have been here 4 weeks now and it makes life so much easier when you open your bank account, register for Medicare, register with employment agencies....theres no delay in them checking with DIAC about your visa...