WA SS any news?

shabo

Anyone who was contacted from WA for further information such as Job links, research on living and accommodation, etc got further updates ? :rolleyes: cud not stop writing...hehe...in anxiety...i tell myself i wont look into my emails and this thread for some time but still cudn't resist looking every day....i guess most of us are going thru the same......................:)

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had the same problem. External Auditor was on the list but not the application drop down. I phoned the department at WA and they informed me that a few occupations had come off the list but the list was only updated monthly. Great.

I'm just sending off for a different skills assessment today.

Hope the assessment comes out quick, mine had taken around 1 month.

So we wait some more....... Our plans were to be out there by xmas... Also i went ahead and got my FBI (USA) police checks done as they were taking around 12 weeks and they are renowned for coming back as "contaminated prints" so you have to send again!! We didnt want those to hold us up and agent agreed to go ahead and get those done early!! Well typically mine came back perfect and in under 1 month!! LOL lets hope we hear something before they expire next July 19th !!!

Anyone who was contacted from WA for further information such as Job links, research on living and accommodation, etc got further updates ? :rolleyes: cud not stop writing...hehe...in anxiety...i tell myself i wont look into my emails and this thread for some time but still cudn't resist looking every day....i guess most of us are going thru the same......................:)

I haven't heard anything and my application number is below 65.

Guest Levimouse
Hope the assessment comes out quick, mine had taken around 1 month.

Thanks very much. Took your advice and just requested a different skills assessment. Thankfully they don't need anymore certified docs, just a form filled in and a $100. Thank you very much ICAA (my new best friends)

My last one took only 3 ish weeks including 1 week postage from here to them. Hoping this time will take even less time.

Guest Levimouse
I haven't heard anything and my application number is below 65.

WA were only given 45 spaces to use so if you were between 45 and 65 maybe that's why you haven't heard.

Oops! 50% of the occupations were become off-list.. Seems it's mainly to clear the back applications and to avoid massive amount of new applications.. So July month applications those are in off list now will be processed or put on hold?

They werent wrong when they said they were completley changeing the whole visa process , its a total lottery . My skill is still on it but it must be complete heart break for others .

When your skill comes of the list youll never no went it will go back on .

Wa has a limited number of invites for the first half of august. We applied for a state sponsorship for a 190 visa (already have sponsorship for 489). I guess we son't have to expect that before October.

My palms were sweating reading all of those occupations on that list!!! Luckily OHs occupation is still on the list....

What if you lodged July 2nd and now occupation is off?? There is no mention as to if its processed or not! i know usually it still counts but with all the changes and limits on SS at the moment who knows!!!!

Guest Levimouse
Oops! 50% of the occupations were become off-list.. Seems it's mainly to clear the back applications and to avoid massive amount of new applications.. So July month applications those are in off list now will be processed or put on hold?

Do you think this is the reason? I was really surprised so many had come off. Just thought it was mine. I quickly checked the occupation ceilings and ok mine had a low ceiling (900ish) but some have ceilings of 3000. Why would they be worried about too many applications if they had the ceiling capacity?

I thought that states sponsored those occupations that were most in demand in their individual states. So if a state doesn't need plumbers but the rest of Oz does they won't sponsor plumbers. So on that basis does that mean that all these occupations they have taken off the list are not in as much demand as they were before? Remember these occupation ceilings only came in last month so surely it can't have changed much in one month.

Now I am a worrier. I can worry about anything so am maybe getting a bit paranoid but I don't want to get our visa, head over to WA and bam no jobs. I'm lucky in that I can go over as an accountant with a ceiling of 10k even though my actual occupation of auditor is no longer on WA list. I keep looking on Seek.com and there are loads of what look to be legitimate jobs for auditors. So what is the issue?

I wish they'd just give us more info.

Guest Levimouse
OH's occupation has been taken off the List!!!!

I don't believe it!!!

What does this mean now?

Hiya - I'm really sorry. It sucks I know.

I guess you have 3 options;

1. Pick another state to sponsor you

2. Apply for a 189 visa

3. Pick another occupation if possible.

I know all of the above may not be possible, so in that case I would go to a migration agent. I thankfully am able to go with option 3 but otherwise I don't think we'd get an invite to apply.

WA were only given 45 spaces to use so if you were between 45 and 65 maybe that's why you haven't heard.

Thanks, Levimouse.

I'm just getting a bit anxious and concerned.Other people have been asked for further information above 65, but I haven't.

Maybe I should give them a call in the morning.:eek:

Guest Levimouse
Thanks, Levimouse.

I'm just getting a bit anxious and concerned.Other people have been asked for further information above 65, but I haven't.

Maybe I should give them a call in the morning.:eek:

Oh I see what you mean. Yes definitely call them but maybe it just means they don't need further information from you cos your application was perfect.

Archived