WA SS any news?

shabo

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just pray that they will have at least 300 seats for nomination for August......They should have that number at least because last year migration program WA had not less than 5000 SS nominations. So hopefully this year too they have that number if not more. So if we take out per month SS calculation, it counts to around 416 nominations per month. Lets see if this is the case or not. Good luck to ya all. Hope we hear something this week.

I just have 60 points for 190.....Am an Electronics Engineer..so not so sure about all of this...wanted to get this WA SS so that i could get the invite...Is it my crazy mind or what...I am having this intuition that."what happens if WA start ranking the SS applications and give SS to those with high points ?" I am fearing the worst......crazy me!!!!!:wacko:

And oh yes!! Happy Weekend to you all...:smile:

I thought you had your visa akmirror whats happened?

Hi I understand now, I was worried for you and thought something had gone wrong!!! we are not going until next May so it all feels really slow at the moment as we so want to be over there now as I am sure you feel the same - if you apply for a 190 will this in effect cancel your 475 or are you giving up on it all together in favor of the permanent 190? I totally understand why you would go for it -when I first started looking at visas the only way forward seemed to be the 475 but it didn't appeal to me given the reduced rights you have although I would have gone for it if necessary -once I had figured out the permanent route was available to me I was over the moon- good luck with it all :)

Hi I understand now, I was worried for you and thought something had gone wrong!!! we are not going until next May so it all feels really slow at the moment as we so want to be over there now as I am sure you feel the same - if you apply for a 190 will this in effect cancel your 475 or are you giving up on it all together in favor of the permanent 190? I totally understand why you would go for it -when I first started looking at visas the only way forward seemed to be the 475 but it didn't appeal to me given the reduced rights you have although I would have gone for it if necessary -once I had figured out the permanent route was available to me I was over the moon- good luck with it all :)

Thanks for your kind words. My visa wont be cancelled until I get the 190 visa. My chances are not high to get SS to be honest with you as I somehow feel that as I already have got a SS nomination before for 475, they might be reluctant to sponsor me again. Anyways, lets see what's in store! Good luck with your preparation. Stay in touch!

Got a reply from WA for the query on the number of outcomes...

"I can confirm that we have been processing as we have been receivin the applications.As Immigration have put a limit of 25 applications as the number that we can process for the month of July we have not been able to advise on processing times. Next month when this limit has been taken off and once we can start processing as normal we will have a better idea of what the current processing times are."

Hopefully, next month there ll be a significant number of nominations...

Got a reply from WA for the query on the number of outcomes...

"I can confirm that we have been processing as we have been receivin the applications.As Immigration have put a limit of 25 applications as the number that we can process for the month of July we have not been able to advise on processing times. Next month when this limit has been taken off and once we can start processing as normal we will have a better idea of what the current processing times are."

Hopefully, next month there ll be a significant number of nominations...

I am not sure even how this 25 number works out. DIAC has said that they are only issuing 90 invitations for 189 and 10 invitations for 489 in the first round. No invitations for 190 at all. So how will WA be able to nominate 25 applications for July???

Diac doesn't mention a limit on 190, because that limita is 'determined' by the state. If the state sponsors you, you get the invite by diac pretty much automatically. That's why Diac didn't mention it.

But I was surprised with the low numbers for 189 and family sponsored. Especially because state sponsored (all states and territories) already have a much higher count alltogether.

Sucks though, the beginning of a new system :( They are testing too much which takes eager people too wait in uncertainty even longer...

Today I received an e-mail from SMC WA that they are assessing my nomination application!!!

We got the approval the same day. Let's hope the same with you. Because the diac site is down, you disn't have any delay at all :)

We got the approval the same day. Let's hope the same with you. Because the diac site is down, you disn't have any delay at all :)

Thanks FOL, I will just be flying if thats the case. But there is a complication. My EOI was removed as I lost the password to my account and had to create a new EOI on the advice of DIAC. While I have intimated the WA SMC of the change in my EOI reference number, am not sure how it will be viewed. The lady on the phone had told it should be fine when I called WA around 10 days back. Keeping my fingers crossed.