Last Post from the UK - Fly tomorrow morning

steveNem

Well that's it. All done now.

We fly out with Singapore Airlines tomorrow morning. We have left our jobs (both been there over a decade), said goodbye to friends, house contents have been packed up and taken away and only the goodbyes to the parents left to do. That will be hard as we are taking their 8 month old grandson away.

Im an Aussie have been living in the UK for 13 years. Feels like a lot longer. Hubby is a Brit and an only child so its hard for his parents. We are both nervous and anxious as well as excited. We are lucky in that we will be staying with my brother and his family until we can get our own place. I am keeping my fingers crossed that one or both of us get jobs really soon so we can start renting. I like my own space.

So thank you for all your words of wisdom, research and advice over the last few years. This site has been so very useful for matters such as shippers, visa and general chit chat. The time has come.... bring it on!!!!

Next post will be from the Gold Coast!

love to you all Emma, Steve and little T x

Guest acristinahoran

I'm so glad you worked through all the hassle and hope you settle down quickly! Bon voyage and good luck in your new life! (I'm sorry to hear about your cats. Thank god for Skype!)

We fly out with Singapore Airlines tomorrow morning. We have left our jobs (both been there over a decade), said goodbye to friends, house contents have been packed up and taken away and only the goodbyes to the parents left to do. That will be hard as we are taking their 8 month old grandson away.

Im an Aussie have been living in the UK for 13 years. Feels like a lot longer. Hubby is a Brit and an only child so its hard for his parents. We are both nervous and anxious as well as excited. We are lucky in that we will be staying with my brother and his family until we can get our own place. I am keeping my fingers crossed that one or both of us get jobs really soon so we can start renting. I like my own space.

So thank you for all your words of wisdom, research and advice over the last few years. This site has been so very useful for matters such as shippers, visa and general chit chat. The time has come.... bring it on!!!!

Where abouts on the Goldy are you moving too? Good luck

Have a great flight. Are you stopping over in Singapore? Easy city to break the trip. At last some folk who are going to somewhere other than Perth. That's a long time to be away. Hope the return goes smoothly......

Archived