What will you miss when you go home ?

Guest Bart10

Guest Bart10

We are heading home to Ireland in two weeks and I can not wait but it got me thinking about what I would miss about Australia ? I have only been here 18 months. The big thing I will miss is the fantastic showers , even in crap houses the showers are amazing ! !

Pity you never got to try the sausages from http://www.theirishbutcher.com.au/magento/index.php/resellers/ - I've had them a few times now at one of my local pubs here in Surry Hills - Trinity Bar.

Perhaps you may find you miss a lot more than the showers!? Who knows!? I was in 'Durty Nellies' pub the other night in Glenmore Road and it seemed like it offered everything you'd ever want from Ireland without actually being there! Hurling on the TV - I watched it for ten minutes thinking it was Gaelic Football! Even seemed full of 'McAlpine's Fusilliers', glad in Aussie 'Donkey Jackets' i.e. Hi Viz shirts and jackets!

Guest Bart10
How come your heading back? what part of Australia are you?

Heading back cos I have not settled at all and have been very homesick . We are in Canberra . Really excited about going home as we both have landed jobs at home and don't regret coming out here as nothing ventured nothing gained !

What will I miss, well its a toss up between the ants and the squaking birds in the morning :-P........seriously I doubt I will miss anything!

Showers are my number one miss but I am discovering some places that actually have quite good showers here (my gym, for starters). I am missing fly wire on the windows at the moment - not that there are many flies in the scheme of things but I reckon we do get one flying thing through the window each day in the summer - might be a fly, wasp or daddy long legs type thing.

Nothing else springs to mind - the food here is great and our local butcher is world class! My husband is missing Bunnings! But that is more than made up for by the plethora of second hand bookshops he has available so he can forget his longing for star pickets as he potters among the hard backs.

I second that re the showers! Power showers plus plus. Takes a bit of getting used to but after the initial 'oh my god, is this gonna strip bits of me off', you never want another type of shower! Our current shower back in the UK has as much force as a dripping tap! Takes me bloody ages to get the suds out of my hair. Remember standing in it fiddling with the button and then thinking oh thats it??? Pahhhhh......

Miss being able to park outside the house and the weather - some days, but that's about it.... for now.......

Heading back cos I have not settled at all and have been very homesick . We are in Canberra . Really excited about going home as we both have landed jobs at home and don't regret coming out here as nothing ventured nothing gained !

HI, I'm moving back to Tipperary in 3 weeks, can't wait. Curious as to how you got jobs at home before you landed. Have you got any tips? Where you headed to

I'm going home at 5pm, but there's nothing I'll miss here.

I am guessing you moved to Queensland as well then?

I have been home on an extended holiday for over ten weeks now, cant say I miss anything from oz at all. I did get hot and sweaty last night as its was so muggy and that reminded me of oz, but not in a good way.

Can't wait to put those boring beach shores behind me for good.

Enjoy home and all the benifits it offers, cheaper living, better climate, easy travel to other countries, surf in uncrowded waves with friendly people, the list goes on and on.

Guest Bart10
HI, I'm moving back to Tipperary in 3 weeks, can't wait. Curious as to how you got jobs at home before you landed. Have you got any tips? Where you headed to

Sorry I can't give you any tips as I was on career break and my husband has gone back to a previous employer ! Heading back to Galway , can't wait !

Going to miss the sunshine, living next to the ocean, my sister and her kids, the squawking birds (seriously, I love them), being able to get a decent coffee almost anywhere, mountain biking in the bush, being able to cycle up to North Head to watch the whales pass by, that feeling you get for most of the year of being on holiday every weekend...

Reading this I'm actually wondering why I'm going home!

When we go home I know I'm going to miss the wide open spaces, going to miss my pool, going to miss waking up to sunshine every morning for most of the year and going to miss being able to walk anywhere without having to dodge dog poo!!!!

Why you going home