How often do you wash your hair?

BritChickx

Used to love Aussie shampoos but not available here. So now it is whatever is on offer.... Has to be quite good stuff as I have a tint and so it gets dry.

Me too, I'm gutted to hear you can't get them there.

I washed my very long, very thick hair (It took an hour to blow dry) once a week until a month a go when I got it all chopped off.

I had trained it to that stage to get it in better condition on advice and it was. Now I wash it every couple of days, if it was really short it would be every day.

Can it be got on mail order?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too, I'm gutted to hear you can't get them there.

I washed my very long, very thick hair (It took an hour to blow dry) once a week until a month a go when I got it all chopped off.

I had trained it to that stage to get it in better condition on advice and it was. Now I wash it every couple of days, if it was really short it would be every day.

Can it be got on mail order?

At great expense and wait from Ebay so I haven't bothered! Still have a tiny bit of 3 minute miracle left....been using it like a sacred ingredient :laugh:

lol can't believe you can't get aussie shampoo in Oz...not that i've tried it but meant to be good! and I love Lush stuff!

I love the Aussie shampoo smells lovely however when I visited my friend in Sydney she laughed at the idea of there being a shampoo called Aussie lol

Ps my other half washes hair everyday and I say the same thing to him that he shouldn't wash it everyday

Edited by bell123321

Seriously, me and Paul are having a bicker about how often we wash our hair, he washes his every day and thinks i'm weird cos i wash mine every other day, I say it's not healthy to wash it every day, lol, loads of other people I know don't wash their hair every day either :P

Ladies and gents please help us out, what do you do? Haha, weird thread I know but i'll go to great lengths to prove i'm not a weirdo....honest :D

I'm with you on this one Britchickx, I wash mine every other day, I have short hair, and could probably do it less, but, then it looks like bed hair and goes flat on one side! Used to have a tendancy to be greasy when I was younger, but not any more!:biggrin:

I think it's different for men and women. I was mine every day or at least every time I have a shower which is sometimes twice, or even three times a day. Women tend to do it 3 to 4 times a week. Bearing in mind for them it's takes a lot of effort to "do" it after. Takes me 30 seconds and I'm good to go !

Guest guest17301

Everyday, I have to as it looks horrific when Ive slept on it...envy those who only have to put a brush through it...wash and blow dry each morning, only takes 10 mins....when I had shoulder length hair I did it every 2 days...pain to dry and straighten beause my hair is very thick.

Hubby's hair is probably less than 5mm long and I swear it dries instantly, I don't recall it ever being 'wet' :oD the concept of a hairdryer must be alien to him.

Without the hairdryer/straightener combo my hair would be a crazy, frizzy mess of kinkiness (not THAT kind lol) - which is how it often looked after a journey to work on a Brissie summer day, drying and straightening gone to waste!!

Seriously, me and Paul are having a bicker about how often we wash our hair, he washes his every day and thinks i'm weird cos i wash mine every other day, I say it's not healthy to wash it every day, lol, loads of other people I know don't wash their hair every day either :P

Ladies and gents please help us out, what do you do? Haha, weird thread I know but i'll go to great lengths to prove i'm not a weirdo....honest :D

Every day,but i can wash mine with a wet wipe tbh:biggrin:

Get yours washed everyday as well,yer midden:tongue::wink:

Guest AKA63029

According to my youngest who is a trainee hair dresser once every three days is the go, otherwise you start to damage it.

All OK I reckon, but now look like a grease monkey of the set of 'Grease Monkeys Are Us'.

And she wonders why I look like a knob in my bandanas.:laugh:

Guest AKA63029

I also use John Frieda shampoo and conditioner. Makes all the curly bits springy and nice.

Now where's that Woman Only thread.:eek:

Guest Longtime Lurker

Daily, one rinse, shampoo only as I have very fine hair and conditioner makes it go limp! Dries in 15 minutes.

After exercising which is about 4 times a week, or if it's been really hot at work. My hair is very thick and curly so I rarely even brush it, just a comb through with the conditioner and then leave to dry naturally (get too hot under a hairdryer!). I try and avoid washing it too late at night as don't like going to bed with wet hair.

Daily, one rinse, shampoo only as I have very fine hair and conditioner makes it go limp! Dries in 15 minutes.

But how do you detangle it? I have very fine hair too (angel hair :wink:) but I find I need conditioner to detangle, but it does weight it down.

Hubby's hair is probably less than 5mm long and I swear it dries instantly, I don't recall it ever being 'wet' :oD the concept of a hairdryer must be alien to him.

Without the hairdryer/straightener combo my hair would be a crazy, frizzy mess of kinkiness (not THAT kind lol) - which is how it often looked after a journey to work on a Brissie summer day, drying and straightening gone to waste!!

The constant damp or rain here means that is a real problem too! :rolleyes: