The HOFFS UK summer weather forecast.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

perfect today.....20/21 degrees, light breeze, sun, cloud and not a fly in sight.....couldnt ask for it any better.....I hated those dry roasting days in Perth....all those bloody flies eating off your face....or the insects biting you to death and then a gale force wind would blow in in the afternoon so if you wanted to go to the beach you got a face full of sand. April/may are the best months weather wise in Perth....the rest of the time it either brass monkies or el scorchio and fly feeding season lol.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF
Thats one of those things I'd be dreading.. pesky flies

They aren't there that long, we were there for a month when they were at their worst and they aren't a problem. Plus your guaranteed long hot summer weather not the 2 days out of the last 33 days that the uk has had, this threads showing just how crappy the weather is in the UK, it's simply dreadful, but on the bright side ........ It's still better than last year, lol.

We used to play 'fly or no fly' when we were at school. You try and catch a fly, in your hands, off your mate (back, arm etc) and ask them 'fly or no fly'. who ever got it right got to punch the other. Used to play it all the time with the neighbours kids when we go off the bus at the end of the street and was walking home.

We used to play 'fly or no fly' when we were at school. You try and catch a fly, in your hands, off your mate (back, arm etc) and ask them 'fly or no fly'. who ever got it right got to punch the other. Used to play it all the time with the neighbours kids when we go off the bus at the end of the street and was walking home.

punch each other??? you aussies are violent :elvis: lol only joking. I just hate them buzzing in my face, dont a fan of buzzy creatures. Its the same with wasps.. they buzz in my face and i run! :laugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hoffmeister 27 hot 65 not

ckl2011......24 hot 68 not

GF Hull ......22 hot 68 not

Shellyk666..25 hot 67 not

RandL ........29 hot 63 not

l1sa ...........21 hot 71 not

fleabo ........19 hot 73 not

Shell15 ........9 hot 83 not

P&D ............5 hot 87 not

fifi69 ..........20 hot 72 not

WhoIam .......7 hot 85 not

Tonyman ....11 hot 81 not

There are now 11 entrants in the PIO UK Weather predictor league, theres 92 days in June, July and August, we have tried to predict the exact number of Hot sunny 23 degrees plus days and also the not hot days as well.

The forecast Isn't looking good on this
on this weather map
UK weather forecast - Met Office
the figures quoted are from London, it's supposed to be better darn sarf isn't it ? Lol

Its not as good as this game though, is it? I bet others wished they had joined now, lol

2 hot, 31 not hot.

Guest guest17301
perfect today.....20/21 degrees, light breeze, sun, cloud and not a fly in sight.....couldnt ask for it any better.....I hated those dry roasting days in Perth....all those bloody flies eating off your face....or the insects biting you to death and then a gale force wind would blow in in the afternoon so if you wanted to go to the beach you got a face full of sand. April/may are the best months weather wise in Perth....the rest of the time it either brass monkies or el scorchio and fly feeding season lol.

Whatever...

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Wheres my entry Hoff? Or did I miss the cut off date?

Did you enter this greatest ever game to be held on PIO ?

I might have missed you hoff, check back and see.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
I reckon we will get 14 more days of hot weather......well im hoping anyway. My BBQ needs a workout, it's and Aussie one and I think it's feeling a little left out of late

I see ..... so your 14 more prediction plus the 2 hot days so far = 16 hot and 76 not, i will see if anyone else has predicted this, its a very complicated and complex game, this weather guessing, lol.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hoffmeister 27 hot 65 not

ckl2011......24 hot 68 not

GF Hull ......22 hot 68 not

Shellyk666..25 hot 67 not

RandL ........29 hot 63 not

l1sa ...........21 hot 71 not

fleabo ........19 hot 73 not

Shell15 ........9 hot 83 not

P&D ............5 hot 87 not

fifi69 ..........20 hot 72 not

WhoIam .......7 hot 85 not

Tonyman ....11 hot 81 not

Wakeboard .16 hot 76 not.

There are now 11 entrants in the PIO UK Weather predictor league, theres 92 days in June, July and August, we have tried to predict the exact number of Hot sunny 23 degrees plus days and also the not hot days as well.

The forecast Isn't looking good on this
on this weather map
UK weather forecast - Met Office
the figures quoted are from London, it's supposed to be better darn sarf isn't it ? Lol

Its not as good as this game though, is it? I bet others wished they had joined now, lol

Late entry by Wakeboard, i discussed it with the other judges ... me, myself and i and i allowed the prediction in, lol

2 hot, 31 not hot.

Guest Shell15
put it on here this morning, I did cheat though, i've waited until the end of june before deciding on the numbers

If you win wakeboard you don't get a badge...cause you did cheat! lol

Guest The Ropey HOFF
sh7te again up here:mad:

Do you fancy a guess Stevie ?

18, 19 and 23 hot days are still going, go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on ....... Give it a go, lol

You sure you are in Australia mate :wink:

prepare yourself for a shock......they are a pain in the arse, they come around November and stay untill march, they are like those unwelcome family members that come over to visit and just will not go home, scavenging and feeding off you, some advice.

dont cut the grass in the middle of summer, you need 15 pairs of hands, 1 pair to control the mower, 14 to get rid of the flies.

dont BBQ in busy places, ie beaches, etc.....they will find you and they will follow you and tuck into you and all your lovely snags.

try and clean the pool when its dark and there aren't as many about.

avoid the bush like the plague.

never go out without a can of Aeroguard.

Stay indoors for 4/5 months.

Just in from a couple beers down the local, sat in the beer garden soaking up the warm evening sun with some mates.......not a fly in sight lol

I just want to say thankyou....you have confirmed to me beyond any reasonable doubt that our decision to move our kids back to a UK education was completely justified.

Guest The Ropey HOFF
its a joke .uk summer ..... most people i know still have there fires on or those big white things that make the walls look hidious ,radiators , they are like bottle shops here , they are everywhere......

Yer right mate, we are in the middle of another miserable no show UK summer, last years temps were an average of just 13.6 degrees, that's classed as winter in most states down under, lol

Archived