The HOFFS UK summer weather forecast.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest guest17301
Agree, nice to see the opposite side of things, hot weather can be just as much of a pain than cloudy weather, I know which I prefer to be honest.

Where does this mistaken belief that its either hot or raining in Perth come from? The MAJORITY of the year is temperate, warm, dry and conducive to spending all day everyday outside without fear of ninja flies or skin cancer if that is what you wish to do with your time.......

Guest guest17301
I lived there for several years and my experience was they are a complete pain in the arse. They do come in waves and you can have periods of days at a time when they are not a big problem, but then you get long periods, ie weeks at a time when they are a nuisance. They do as you rightly say ruin daytime outdoor events, I can remember loads of occasions when the flies took over. They are around untill the weather starts to cool down which is Feb/March. Thats why April and may are the best months, still warmish, no flies. Once you hit July/August its cold.

This is about balance, I read on here how some people hate the UK weather lol.....me I love it, im looking outside now, its sunny, dry, warm 20ish degrees, perfect, its been like that for the past week or 2 with a few hot horrible hummid ones thrown in, I dont like the scorching hot weather you get in Perth, I hated the flies that came with that weather, If you are not being burnt to a crisp you are being fed off by flies. So we did something about it and moved back to the UK, If flies are a compromise your prepared to make for the hot weather then fine, enjoy! It seems that the ones making the most noise about weather are the ones that live in the worst parts of the UK and can't for what ever reason move to Australia, I feel sorry them, It must be horrible when you desperately want something but cannot have it, you read about people on here that cant get a visa to move to Oz and I feel a real sense of pity for them. Its a shame that the only real experience some will ever have is a couple of weeks holidaying by city beach.(ahhh we loved that beach) If it really is as bad as they make out up where they live then they need to get off their backside and be pro active. Do something about it. But we all know thats never gonna happen. lol

You dont sound much like you pity them to me...sounds like your taking the pee to be honest...good for you if you like the Uk and its ahem..great weather.....you enjoy it....minus the flies....

Hey PB I agree mate.....I couldnt give a toss when its warm, March/April.....Sept/Oct, who cares, we have had some gorgeous weather over the past 12 months.....well down south we have anyway. My boys played a football match last October 2nd, it was 28/29 degrees and roasting, we had to stop the game 20 mins in to give them drinks. September was also hot. March and April this year, lovely!

I dont get what the problem is, they want hot weather, we get it, but still they complain, I suppose its down to the individuals outlook, positive or negative, some people will always be complainers and moaners, others will enjoy what you get and make the most of every opportunity and situation.

If I could offer any advice to people that hate the UK weather it would be move to a hotter location, a bit closer to the equator, Ive heard that Australia is supposed to be hot & sunny 24 hours a day, AND Australian sh#t doesnt smell.......personally I dont believe that, no where can be that great......can it?:laugh:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Anyway, what happens if no one has guessed the correct number of hot days?

I said earlier the first prize was a weeks holiday in the UK and second prize was ..... 2 weeks, lol

A good question flea, if no one wins it, we will have to try again next year. lol

Guest Shell15
Hey PB I agree mate.....I couldnt give a toss when its warm, March/April.....Sept/Oct, who cares, we have had some gorgeous weather over the past 12 months.....well down south we have anyway. My boys played a football match last October 2nd, it was 28/29 degrees and roasting, we had to stop the game 20 mins in to give them drinks. September was also hot. March and April this year, lovely!

I dont get what the problem is, they want hot weather, we get it, but still they complain, I suppose its down to the individuals outlook, positive or negative, some people will always be complainers and moaners, others will enjoy what you get and make the most of every opportunity and situation.

If I could offer any advice to people that hate the UK weather it would be move to a hotter location, a bit closer to the equator, Ive heard that Australia is supposed to be hot & sunny 24 hours a day, AND Australian sh#t doesnt smell.......personally I dont believe that, no where can be that great......can it?:laugh:

But your the one complaining about how hot perth was and how as soon as you stepped out of your door you was attacked by ninja flies?! Pot kettle black comes to mind!

Promise.

Trying to explain that the thread title says SUMMER and not spring and shifting seasons and everything else you rabbit on about then YES. Carry on though you might find someone you can convince. Maybe try the HOFF, he is always looking out for the warm weather, you may be able to give him a heads up for next year

Where does this mistaken belief that its either hot or raining in Perth come from? The MAJORITY of the year is temperate, warm, dry and conducive to spending all day everyday outside without fear of ninja flies or skin cancer if that is what you wish to do with your time.......

Fiona, I found it far to hot as I worked outside, plenty of nice days yes but plenty of cold wet weather as well, I just prefer the weather in the uk, but that's me, the weather is not and has never been a priority f me because I do things rain or shine.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

This thread is solely about how many days of hot sunny 23 degrees plus days weather we have in the uk, because someone said it felt chilly in Australia and it was sunny and 22 degrees. I think it needs to be 23 degrees and sunny to be able to go to the coast and paddle in the frozen sea here in Blighty. Its my thread and my rules, if you don't like it, Tough Titty, lol

Are you me:laugh:

Guest Shell15

Hoff your thread has been hijacked by ninja killing hot flies!! Call the mods in to clean this mess up lol

Fiona, I found it far to hot as I worked outside, plenty of nice days yes but plenty of cold wet weather as well, I just prefer the weather in the uk, but that's me, the weather is not and has never been a priority f me because I do things rain or shine.

Thats probably why you didn't enjoy you time at work there, you were probably whinging all the time that it was too hot :wink:

Guest guest17301

Wrong thread PB, that one goes in the repetitive PIO cliches thread...

Guest guest17301

Anyway PB thought you were a spark or a barman? Not much call for outdoor work in your line of work:laugh:

But your the one complaining about how hot perth was and how as soon as you stepped out of your door you was attacked by ninja flies?! Pot kettle black comes to mind!

Now c'mon shell, stay with the program.....Amongst other things, I didnt like Perths baking hot weather and flies so guess what, I acted on mine and my families feelings and did something about it......YES thats right we moved back to London where I do like the weather and there are no flies. Maybe you should pass this small bit of usefull information and advice to some of your mates, it might help improve their lives and stop them moaning about the place they live....lol

Guest The Ropey HOFF
All the winnings get pooled together and we will have a BBQ with Aussie snags and great Aussie beer.

Oh thats right there is no money

This thread is getting really popular i am thinking about advertising, the revenue from it could see us having a blow out, lol.

Archived