176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

Congrats on the visa..

Its hard alright with teenagers, I can fully understand why my daughter is upset, but hopefully when she gets there she will realise we have done the right thing. I thought she might kick up a fuss at the medicals yesterday but she was fine and even admitted to the doctor that she was excited about the move although given the choice she wouldn't go.

Hi PBrady,

I noticed yous are from Ireland and just wondering did you do the medicals in the matter ?

Whats involved for the kids ? Just x-rays

I read somewhere that the cost is about €800 for 2 adults and 2 kids. would you say thats about right ?

Thanks

K

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I just submitted scanned originals they did not need to be certified and have been accepted!

Did you do your application through an agent or by yourself as the agent would have certified them. I have uploaded my documents now but am still a bit worried about this because the "auto email" that I was sent after applying for my 176 visa specifically asks for certified copies.

Did you do your application through an agent or by yourself as the agent would have certified them. I have uploaded my documents now but am still a bit worried about this because the "auto email" that I was sent after applying for my 176 visa specifically asks for certified copies.
I did it all myself- the automated email was just that automatic so it asked for info that I had already supplied as well -when I got the CO a lot of the requests were removed from the system straight away and yes I saw that it asked for certified copies but had already researched and found that colour photocopies were ok so please don't worry

Just wanted to join the June gang, our visa was lodged on Friday 13 June at long last

welcome! We seen to have gone through the same journey in terms of dates! My husbands a carpenter. Good luck and hope everything goes well!

Lisa

Congrats on the visa..

Its hard alright with teenagers, I can fully understand why my daughter is upset, but hopefully when she gets there she will realise we have done the right thing. I thought she might kick up a fuss at the medicals yesterday but she was fine and even admitted to the doctor that she was excited about the move although given the choice she wouldn't go.

Hi PBrady I am a teacher in a secondary school and have come across at least 10 teenagers who are moving to OZ over the next 6 months who say they are not happy and do not want to go ( I can't tell them we have applied to go as I do not want anyone to know in school yet) When I get talking to them and start questioning and pointing out the positives they are actually quite excited but it's not cool to agree with your parents ! Ali

Guest PBrady
Hi PBrady,

I noticed yous are from Ireland and just wondering did you do the medicals in the matter ?

Whats involved for the kids ? Just x-rays

I read somewhere that the cost is about €800 for 2 adults and 2 kids. would you say thats about right ?

Thanks

K

Hi Karenpur, yes we did our medicals in the Mater, we paid E915 in total, 275 each for me and hubby, 155 for my 14 year old, she had to have an xray as well as the medical and 70euro's each for the younger children ages 10,6 and 4. There is not much to the medicals, the younger boys age 4 and 6 had a great time, the doctor was lovely, they were weighed, height measured, history taken, urine samples for kids who are 5 years and older, hearing and eyes check too, we were in and out in about 2 1/2 hours. Younger kids do not need xrays. The guy taking the bloods (just for me and hubby) said there were so many people leaving Ireland! The medicals are carried out in the visa centre so they really have their eyes open to the amount of people leaving Ireland, mighten do any harm for some of the td's to sit in othe waiting room to see the reality of what is happening.

The childrens medicals are uploaded straight away and I was able to log onto diac site to check that they had been submitted, the bloods and xrays take about a week. All in all it was hassle free..

Guest PBrady
Hi PBrady I am a teacher in a secondary school and have come across at least 10 teenagers who are moving to OZ over the next 6 months who say they are not happy and do not want to go ( I can't tell them we have applied to go as I do not want anyone to know in school yet) When I get talking to them and start questioning and pointing out the positives they are actually quite excited but it's not cool to agree with your parents ! Ali

Thanks for that Ali, it's good to hear that generally the kids are excited about moving, I've also seen on some other posts that some of the teenagers feel guilty about admitting to their friends that they are actually excited about the move.

Best of luck with your plans, hopefully you will be able to tell your employers soon:)

Hi june gang, im up at this mo as i cant sleep.... we submitted our docs yest. had uploaded all the required docs at end of may but had to wait to get hubbys birth cert.. were just back from france so as soon as we got home last night i uploaded it.. so now the waiting begins... lets hope we all get good news v soon.. good luck everyone . Linda. x:biggrin:

Guest kerry19

Still no Co, had medicals on Wednesday and on diac it says me and kids are finalised but oh is still pending.... Is this because he's had a back ops and they are checking it out? Hope so!!! I'm panicking over EVERYTHING!!!! LOL. Sent pcc over a week ago y and the cheque still hasn't cleared.... Had two shipping companies out last week and was pleasantly surprised!

Hi Kerry19, I'm sure you'll get a CO any day now. I remember we both lodged around the same time, we have medicals booked tomorrow and PCC went off on Friday. My feeling is that they will want to get as many applications completed before or just after the 1st July, you only have to read over the May/June posts to see how quickly things are processing. Its easy to forget how far we have all come, hold in there and try not to worry, each day we are all a step closer!

Guest PBrady
Still no Co, had medicals on Wednesday and on diac it says me and kids are finalised but oh is still pending.... Is this because he's had a back ops and they are checking it out? Hope so!!! I'm panicking over EVERYTHING!!!! LOL. Sent pcc over a week ago y and the cheque still hasn't cleared.... Had two shipping companies out last week and was pleasantly surprised!

Hi kerry19, I also lodged the 176 on the 1st June and no case officer yet, we had our medicals on the 14th. It says application being processed further but I think that maybe because the medicals were uploaded. All my documents are still saying required.

Fingers crossed we will get a co soon...:biggrin:

Guest kerry19
Hi Kerry19, I'm sure you'll get a CO any day now. I remember we both lodged around the same time, we have medicals booked tomorrow and PCC went off on Friday. My feeling is that they will want to get as many applications completed before or just after the 1st July, you only have to read over the May/June posts to see how quickly things are processing. Its easy to forget how far we have all come, hold in there and try not to worry, each day we are all a step closer!

Awww thanks for that!! :biggrin: have you got your CO? I think I'm just having one of those weeks where everything seems a lot worse than it actually is!! Hopefully this will all be a distant memory in 6 months time.....

Yes, we got our CO although we never actually received an email but our agent did. I happened to check progress on Diac at 7am one morning and saw status 'processing further' so I knew before the agent! Our agent then forwarded us all the medical/police forms etc. I believe that we have 28 days to complete CO requests but understand that as long as we can prove we have these appts booked/pending, then that is acceptable to Diac. I'm sure you've done this already but you have checked your spam? Also when you check application on Diac website, do you click on the document checklist? It was only here at the top that I noted the change in status to 'processing further'.

Here is a question which could be a bit of a stumper.

I have received my email from and checked on my profile from Vetassess to state that skills assessment is successful on the 14th of June. It is in the post so hope it does not get lost or take too long to get to me.

I have IELTS already but still have to apply to WA for SS. On the West Aus website it says that current processing time is 4 days (changed from 6 on Friday). I am praying like crazy that I get my Skills assessment form from VETASSESS within this week in order to apply for WA SS and that that is done quickly. If I get the state sponsorship approval at the end of next week it is going to be very tight to make the deadline for a SS'd 176.

Here is my question though. If you get your state sponsorship approved but it comes on or after the July deadline does that still count as a "nomination" under the skills select system or am I possibly wasting the $200 fee for state sponsorship if I can only apply for it on say the 29th of June?

Hi Dazzmatazz,

I think you will be in with a good chance. If your Vetasses certificate arrives this week, are you in a position to apply for SS immediately ie.Do you have everything required by them and are you confident they would approve without needing further info? WA are processing even quicker than they are stating, ours was done in less than 24hrs. Our agent was then able to lodge 176 almost immediately, so you could actually squeeze in before the deadline. We were informed back in May that the further in the process you are, the better position you are in for the Skills select system so I would definately recommend you push ahead and get everything ready. Our agent also said that if we couldn't make the 1 July deadline, as long as everything else was in place then in reality the new system would probably only slow us down by a month or so. Hope this helps, best of luck keep us posted!

Hi Dazzmatazz,

I think you will be in with a good chance. If your Vetasses certificate arrives this week, are you in a position to apply for SS immediately ie.Do you have everything required by them and are you confident they would approve without needing further info? WA are processing even quicker than they are stating, ours was done in less than 24hrs. Our agent was then able to lodge 176 almost immediately, so you could actually squeeze in before the deadline. We were informed back in May that the further in the process you are, the better position you are in for the Skills select system so I would definately recommend you push ahead and get everything ready. Our agent also said that if we couldn't make the 1 July deadline, as long as everything else was in place then in reality the new system would probably only slow us down by a month or so. Hope this helps, best of luck keep us posted!

Thanks so much, it gives me more confidence.

I actually have absolutely everything in place because we submitted a 176 family s. visa app in June 2011. We were contacted by a CO in March of this year and started the process of the extras, I.E. Medicals, PC etc. Only to be told that my wife (who was the main applicant) did not qualify in terms of her work experience. So a very expensive error was made (we did not use an agent and the specifications for what exactly was specific work experience were not stated on the DIAC website). We had to withdraw the application in April and I then almost immediately went about getting my docs together for SS. I sent stuff off to Vetassess mid April and only on June 14 did I get the reply to say "successful". They never required any additional docs but I do know they were overloaded with the increase in apps.

I Know for WA SS it is only your skills confirmation letter, your IELTS, A CV and $200. I have everything ready in electronic format and Credit card has funds, so that as soon as the Vetassess letter arrives (please let the postal services be reliable). I can colour scan it and send it off.

Then I pray that WA takes only a day or a few days and then I carry on with my 176 on the DIAC online site.

I have actually started my visa app form on the online part of the DIAC site and will upload docs etc, so that if it is touch and go I can do it immediately.

Talk about holding your breath.

Also good to know that even if I dont get in ontime. It will not be a major delay. Only problem is my 1 years work experience in the last 24 months expires 1st of July as I left my Job under which WA needs skilled individuals on June 30 2011. So another hold your breath issue there.

I do believe that under skills select there is a visa were work iexpereince is not required, but only issue is that it is not a permanent res visa.

Edited by dazzmatazz

Reporting in for duty as part of the June crew! We lodged our 176 visa application last night and are looking to move to Western Victoria in 12 months' time, although we have our "honeymoon" in Victoria in August ( we had a civil partnership 5 weeks ago!). I'm a secondary school teacher, currently Head of Drama, but qualified to teach French and my partner is currently unemployed having been laid off from a local authority as a senior IT manager...

A little advice please? I'm a bit confused about the medicals and Police Certificates - I'm sure it said that you shouldn't apply for these until asked, but upon submitting the visa application, the forms instruct you to apply. Do you need a CO to instruct you, or is the list of documents an instruction? Probably being a bit thick?!

Can't add a signature line at present, so FYI:-

IELTS 22.03.12 (9 overall), skills assessment granted 23.05.12 (applied 26.03.12), state sponsorship granted 12.06.12 (applied 30.03.12) 176 visa lodged 17.06.12 (Phew!)

Guest fultonclan

Our online application status is 'processing commenced'. Does this mean we have a case officer already? We only submitted 176 on fri 15th!

Hi all

I'm new here so hello! We lodged (via our agent) last week, so are really relieved that we beat the 1st July deadline. Does anyone know current/realistic processing times for state sponsored? The website says 12 months but other forums/posts seem to imply that they are going through much quicker. I have 2 toddlers (one with a badly injured hand), so I am struggling to have time to go through all the previous posts. Sorry about starting a new thread. Didn't see this one initially, and can't figure out how to delete it.

Any indicators appreciated!

Carolyn

I have just lodged my visa application! so excited :wink:

do i have to book for the medical tests now? coming from a high risk country i assume the processing time of my visa will be much longer... :confused: please advise! is there anyone here coming from a high risk country? any clue on how long it takes?

thanks

IELTS 27/09/11, Skills Assessment 27/01/2012, successful skills assessment 04/05/2012, WA SS submitted 22/05/12 SS approved 28/05/12, 176 lodged 7/6/12, CO ???

Hi

We aren't from a high risk country but were told by our agent that you have to enter Australia 12 months from the date of your medical and police checks (whichever is earliest). Therefore you should wait until the Case Officer tells you to get them done, in case it does take longer. We have to wait for our Case Officer to tell our agent, as my husband is on a long notice period, and we can't risk that it will take 12 months for the visa to come through.

Hope this helps

Carolyn

welcome! We seen to have gone through the same journey in terms of dates! My husbands a carpenter. Good luck and hope everything goes well!

Lisa

HI thanks, seems like its a been long time coming waiting for the visa to,go in, all the steps beforehand! Mind you on reading now the points from July have dropped to 60 so we wouldn't have needed state spinsor

ohnwell never ind its in!!

where are you planning on heading to and when

sharonn