176 Lodged June 2012

Guest Kimberlyusa

Our WA SS was granted yesterday, so hopefully our 176 was will be lodged by the end of this week!!

Welcome on board! It's good to see so many people supporting each others on the queries, eagerness and excitement throughout the process. The waiting is sometimes painful, therefore I wish all of us will be granted the approval and make OZ our new home.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to also share with all friends here, opening a banking account in OZ is easy while we are still waiting for the visa approval. We applied for one of the bank in ACT through online, and within a week they send us the welcome pack. Of course as part of the due-diligence, we have to present ourselves in any branch (in our case we did it in One of their Asia representative office) and once certified good, the money can be transferred immediately online.

It helps to remit money now given that the forex is ever changing up down like roller-coster.

Just thought of sharing with all from experience.

Welcome on board! It's good to see so many people supporting each others on the queries, eagerness and excitement throughout the process. The waiting is sometimes painful, therefore I wish all of us will be granted the approval and make OZ our new home.

Thanks! Looking forward to everyones stories and will keep you updated with mine!

Hi Guys we have lodged 176 SS WA today also, so would like to join the June gang, not used this site much, have read loads but never seem to have the time to get involved in the threads. It's been brilliant reading everyones experiences and knowing you're not alone. We are so excited and just hope that DIAC process everything quickly soooooo want to hand my notice in and know I will be leaving my job !! Is anyone off to Perth? Does anyone how long DIAC are taking to process visas ? Ali

Hi Guys we have lodged 176 SS WA today also, so would like to join the June gang, not used this site much, have read loads but never seem to have the time to get involved in the threads. It's been brilliant reading everyones experiences and knowing you're not alone. We are so excited and just hope that DIAC process everything quickly soooooo want to hand my notice in and know I will be leaving my job !! Is anyone off to Perth? Does anyone how long DIAC are taking to process visas ? Ali

We're off to Perth too, well Fremantle :)

We're off to Perth too, well Fremantle :)

Liz we are hoping to go to Fremantle also but we will have to wait and see where we gets jobs and hopefully our visa does come through ! Think we will stay with friends in West Perth when we 1st arrive. Do you have a date in mind for leaving ? How do you put the information about your progress on the botom of your post I am new to this !!

Liz we are hoping to go to Fremantle also but we will have to wait and see where we gets jobs and hopefully our visa does come through ! Think we will stay with friends in West Perth when we 1st arrive. Do you have a date in mind for leaving ? How do you put the information about your progress on the botom of your post I am new to this !!

We have family in Rockingham and Fremantle but Fremantle is our first choice of destination. Obviously jobs dependant! We're thinking of making the big move in April 13.... How about you?

Hi,i e-mailed vetassess last week as i'm bricking it to get in before july 1st!

I asked for a way of getting my results faster and they said, 'we will send you a scanned copy of the result before we post out the results' .

I hope they weren't just fobbing me off but even a faxed copy would be great :)

Darren

I emailed them after the successful outcome was on vetassess and they emailed a scanned copy a few days later and I used that for WA state sponsorship.

Good luck!!

Guest Simcar

Hi well done, our 176 visa was lodged yesterday, we are very excited and apprehensive about medicals and procedure!!

Guest PBrady

Hi All,

We done our medicals yesterday, took over the waiting room with the 6 of us..:biggrin: Now our status says processing further, I can see that the childrens medicals were uploaded online straight away, although everything still says "required", does this mean we have a case officer or do we need to receive an email from the case officer directly,

Also, heading to Perth as soon as the visa approved, anyone else heading over with a teenage daughter who isn't too excited about the move.

Also, heading to Perth as soon as the visa approved, anyone else heading over with a teenage daughter who isn't too excited about the move.

Not a teenage daughter but a teenage son. He stormed out of the house to school this morning when I announced we got our visa today. Not easy!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to join you guys soon, just waiting on NSW SS to come in, with all other docs ready to go for 176 application!

Have been chasing agent to contact NSW on the SS, the 1st July deadline is looming and I'm going insane with worry!

In any case, just to share my timeline so far:

IELTS (9,8,7.5,8) - 28/5/2011

Vetassess (222311) - Applied 8/2/2012 Approved 16/5/2012

NSW SS - Acknowledged 25/5/2012 Approved ???

176 visa: Lodged???

Here's to a speedy visa grant to all of us!

Guest PBrady
Not a teenage daughter but a teenage son. He stormed out of the house to school this morning when I announced we got our visa today. Not easy!!

Congrats on the visa..

Its hard alright with teenagers, I can fully understand why my daughter is upset, but hopefully when she gets there she will realise we have done the right thing. I thought she might kick up a fuss at the medicals yesterday but she was fine and even admitted to the doctor that she was excited about the move although given the choice she wouldn't go.

Oh Jars - that's awful. Not sure which is worse - my 18 year old isn't coming (well not for a year anyway) its going to be heart breaking when we go! Now get your butt back to the May team! Only kidding! :hug::hug:

Guest fultonclan

Yessssss! Our agent submitted our 176 application an hour ago! I can't believe it's actually happening. Let's hope all goes well!

Hi June Team,

Can anyone shed some light and advice about the lodgement of documents to the eVisa Browser? DO THEY HAVE TO BE CERTIFIED COPIES? There seems to be mixed answers. I guess it's better to just get them certified, then scan them before sending them off online. Would appreciate what people have done and experienced on this bit.

Thanks in advance.

Hi June Team,

Can anyone shed some light and advice about the lodgement of documents to the eVisa Browser? DO THEY HAVE TO BE CERTIFIED COPIES? There seems to be mixed answers. I guess it's better to just get them certified, then scan them before sending them off online. Would appreciate what people have done and experienced on this bit.

Thanks in advance.

As long as the documents are scanned in colour, they don't need to be certified.

:ssign6: This is my first post on PIO! After visiting relatives in Perth a year and a half ago, we knew we wanted to move to Oz. We were very excited to submit our 176 application yesterday and have been busy scanning and PDF'ing the documents on the checklist ever since! Checked today and it says 'Processing Commenced' and there are details about the medical checks required. From what I've read on here it seems like things are moving along pretty quickly, and like others I can't quite believe we're finally at this stage!

Best wishes to everyone lodging before the July change... :)

Hi,

Family our four (34,33,10,6) from Dublin , hoping to complete the application on Friday. Going with family sponsor for WA Perth. There was no spaces left for my occupation on the WA list so i think my application will take longer.

Look forward to seeing how everyone gets on .

K

Archived