Goodbye aus

ghost

Ghost .... good luck, safe flight and I really do hope everything works out well for you & your family.

As other´s have said you are doing what is right for your family at this time, the sun & sea will always be here if ever you decide to return.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest janeubu

enjoy your new adventure and its oh well not what it for you guys ?you can now move forward xgood luck :smile:

Well sat in the airport about to board, and I guess this is the end of my adventure. Glad today's over as everything was shipped today too, but can't help feeling sad at leaving the beach and sun behind.

The kids are excited to be going home , not really sure what I'm feeling really. Probably just unsure.

Will post again shortly and update you of my progress.

best of luck mate

don't look back, look forward

It's been interesting following your posts ghost. You'll be sat in the pub Friday night with your missus and mates and it will feel like you never left and it was all a dream, apart from the tan.

All the best mate, you gave it a shot and had a taste of something different. Lots of folk would be either too scared or don't get the chance.

Good luck guys! This forum is like an internet leaving party. Lol.

Seriously, all the best. We did what you guys have done, and don't regret it for one min. All part of life's rich tapestry. I have found (and I'm sure you will too) people have nothing but admiration for what you have done and having the b***s to try it! School of life is far better than anything learnt in a classroom.... the experience you and your posse have had will broaden your horizons no end.

Onwards and upwards.

:-))))))))))))))))))))))

Guest truebeliver

ive enjoyed following your posts too ghost you are an honest, genuine guy and i wish you and your family all the best on returning home...

dont forget about us on pio we will all love to hear how its going for yous

all the best mate have a safe journey

dawn x

Guest Shell15

..Whether your leaving Oz or the UK I think it would / will be hard to say goodbye to what is familiar. Wishing you and family a very safe journey and a happy and bright future..

Good luck mate. Really hope it all works out for you and your family. I've really enjoyed reading your posts so please let us know things are progressing.

Thank you all for your kind words of support. Overwhelmed at the response to this post

Well as I flew into birmingham, my heart was filled with sadness at the dream of Australia that I had left behind. Leaving the plane a feeling the chill in the air as I went onto the gantry, I was wondering how I would feel over the next few hours. So pleased to see my wife and my dad in the airport, being reunited is a wonderful feeling.

As we left the airport the cold actually wasn't that bad, the cloudy sky was very similar to the one I had left in Perth. As we drove along the motorway, I looked to the left an right , and saw how the countryside was just as breathtaking, as looking at the same when I hit Australia for the first time. I guess as you get used to things you see them differently. Traffic seemed fast and of corse there is more. The roads feel narrow and the trees really do make the roads feel very enclosed.

I feel so fortunate to have my house here still, it didn't feel as small as I thought it would, as most of my furniture is here , it just fell like home, like putting on an old comfortable slipper, all my furniture fitted where it should, the curtains softened the window frames, the fireplace was the feature of the lounge.

My 14 year old , who was relativly happy in oz, had stopped off to see her friend on the way from the airport, was so apply to see her, they came back to the house. My youngest 11, took a walk to school to meet her friends out. I had sorted a car for when I got back, one which was too expensive for me in oz, so took it For a spin , as I passed the school to see her surrounded by about 8 friends made me feel extremely happy to be back, as she had struggled with friends in oz, and it broke my heart that in 8 months she had not been to one birthday party and only had a friend to the house once.

I went back to my old business and saw everyone which was nice. I got home and my middle daughter had more friends around and my youngest brought her 8 friends in, it was just so good to see them all so happy.

Up at 4am today as I slowly get used to uk time. The birds are singing. Its nice.

In summary I'm feeling pretty good about being here, I know ive done the right thing for the rest of the family. My daughters are all so happy , and this is without doubt the best thing for them!

Great to hear from you Ghost, a very honest post :smile:

Sounds like you have had a really busy time of it ~ I remember when we returned from our validation trip last year thinking how fast the traffic was too!! :eek:

So lovely to hear your kids are happy again :cute:

Please keep updating, its really interesting to hear how you & your Family are getting on :yes:

Guest guest17301

Pleased for you Ghost, I really hope you settle back home. If you don't at least you're armed with a good knowledge of the pros and cons of relocation! Really wishing you all the very best

Lovely update, and wishing you and your family all the best.

ps: Have you thought about writing? You have a nice, descriptive writing style, I could picture every single thing you said in your post with a lot of emotional attachment to it.

ps: Have you thought about writing? You have a nice, descriptive writing style, I could picture every single thing you said in your post with a lot of emotional attachment to it.

:yes:

Guest truebeliver

i agree thats why i love ghosts posts (that rymed lol)..... you can read the honesty in it

glad your back safe and what a lovely start to bieng back in the uk

all the best

dawn x

I understand completely what you mean about your children being happy. Our eldest found it very hard to make friends in Sydney (we'd lived in Aus before when she was little with no problems). She made one really lovely friend who had moved from Qld at the same time as we moved from the UK and they still keep in very close contact with each other. It was wonderful bring her back and seeing her surrounded by loads of girls who'd missed her and who have the same interests. We've had to move again since we came back and she's made new friends easily. Her 'old' friends come up north to visit us and hearing them chatter and laugh and have fun is worth all the upheaval. The other two had friends there, but they're happy to be back too.

Like you, there are things I miss about Australia but seeing my girls happy and thriving makes it all worthwhile.

Good luck settling back into life here :smile:

Archived