AHPRA May 2012 Applications....

Hello everyone,

Having gone through the AHPRA process, I can understand what everyone is going through!! I have to say, I don't think it would have been possible without the help of the others who had gone through the nightmare before me! My AHPRA approval took 3 weeks from sending off the paperwork, so I wanted to share what I sent, where I sent it etc..... hopefully this might help to speed things up, and reassure you that it can be done in 3 weeks, not 6 months (as some others have waited) So.....

Download and fill out AGOS-40 (Registration for overseas nurses) form from AHPRA website. Make sure you read every word and follow the instructions to the letter and you wont go far wrong!

Things I sent with form:

> Certified copy of passport photo page.

>Certified copy of drivers license

>Certified copy of Degree Certificate

>Certified copy of academic transcript

>Original copy of module breakdown. I contacted the university and asked for this, it cost me £40 for 2 copies. Some have had this sent directly to AHPRA by their Uni, but I just got them to send it to me and I sent it all together so as it didn't get lost. This must include the breakdown of your course in hours i.e. hours spent on each module, hours spent in clinical placements. If you can, ask the university to provide how many hours you spent in surgical/medical etc. If you cannot get this from Uni, you can contact the NMC for a more general breakdown and description of the EU-directive for nursing students. I have heard of others having to do this and AHPRA accepting it.

> You must arrange for the NMC to send proof of your registration directly to the AHPRA office. You need to phone NMC and ask them to send you the form, this costs £34, which you can pay online on NMC website. Some people have done this before sending their AHPRA application and had it 'go missing'. I sent mine after I had sent my application to AHPRA. This is why I had to wait 3 weeks for approval, as AHPRA wouldn't process my application until they had received it. It took NMC a week from me sending the form and the £34 to them actually posting it, in hindsight I think I should have sent this off a week before sending of the AHPRA application, then they might have arrived at roughly the same time.

> I also sent a certified copy of my NMC statement of entry.

>You need to send an original signed copy of your CV with the statement "this curriculum vitae is true and correct at [date]". On the application form their is a web address which will explain exactly how to set out your CV, be sure to follow this, as some others have not been accepted.

> Send proof of your CPD, I found a really good template on a thread on here... I can try to find it and PM it to you if you'd like. I've heard of others sending certified copies of certificates etc but I didn't bother, I just filled out the template and signed it with the same statement as my CV.

>Send original, signed, professional references from your employers over the last 5 years. Again, the application form gives you details of exactly how these should be.

>You do not need to do and IELTS for AHPRA if you can prove that you were taught and assessed in English for 5 years, for this I sent:

> GCSE results from secondary school

> A letter from secondary school, stating when I started, when I finished and that I was taught and assessed in the English language (The only thing I managed to get done free!!!)

> A letter from Uni stating the same (£40 for 2 copies)

And the fee of course!!!

I sent my stuff to the Adelaide office, you can send it to wherever you like, even if you don't end up moving to there. When you present to the AHPRA office in the state you end up in, they will forward you ID etc to the office in which you originally applied.

I sent all my stuff with Royal mail airsure, cost about £12 but you can track it all the way up to delivery. If you decide to send to Adelaide, don't panic if it says your parcel has been delivered to Melbourne....it will get there eventually!!

Lastly, if anyone is in the Edinburgh area looking to get certified copies from notary public, there is a place in Leith called Wright and Co. who are very good. They only took £50 for all our documents (think it was about 15) and they donate it to charity!!

Anyway, I hope this might help someone......... GOOD LUCK!!

Shaun :)

Edited by SMR23
oops!! wrote passport twice

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is down to individual offices and time of year you send it too, i sent mine to sydney, there was no problems with it and took 8 weeks from day I sent it, also just to bear in mind that a lot of courts will certify documents for free...Airsure at the post office is great, I don't know why more people don't use it..

I sent off my stuff to ANMAC then waited to be approved then did my APHRA paperwork alot of which was duplicated but then emailed ANMAC to forward my file to APHRA then sent APHRA outstanding documents they required according to seperate list then emailed ANMAC and they sent my entire file to APHRA by courier. I received an email from APHRA telling me thye received my file from ANMAC and were awaiting my application which I sent AIRSURE 2 weeks ago but still has not arrived :-(

Hey Shaun, thank you very much... I am so down as I feel like the only midwife from Germany wanting to apply for a position as a midwife in Australia. I was searching already the whole internet for advices for the CV for AHPRA :S I hope that you can help me. Can you please send me your CV that I have an example of how it can look like? I know that mine will be different because I am applying from Germany, but maybe it helps...I can't find any midwife from Germany writing something about it so far :S

It would be a great help for me, I am sure!

For example, my sister lives in USA and corrected my CV...but she said that I should write 'The Curriculum Vitae is true and correct as of ..'and the date?? Is it different in Australia, do you have to write...as at (date)?

I really feel stupid with my questions but from Germany it is even harder because of the language :S

I hope you can help me,

best wishes

Susi

Hello everyone,

Having gone through the AHPRA process, I can understand what everyone is going through!! I have to say, I don't think it would have been possible without the help of the others who had gone through the nightmare before me! My AHPRA approval took 3 weeks from sending off the paperwork, so I wanted to share what I sent, where I sent it etc..... hopefully this might help to speed things up, and reassure you that it can be done in 3 weeks, not 6 months (as some others have waited) So.....

Download and fill out AGOS-40 (Registration for overseas nurses) form from AHPRA website. Make sure you read every word and follow the instructions to the letter and you wont go far wrong!

Things I sent with form:

> Certified copy of passport photo page.

>Certified copy of drivers license

>Certified copy of Degree Certificate

>Certified copy of academic transcript

>Original copy of module breakdown. I contacted the university and asked for this, it cost me £40 for 2 copies. Some have had this sent directly to AHPRA by their Uni, but I just got them to send it to me and I sent it all together so as it didn't get lost. This must include the breakdown of your course in hours i.e. hours spent on each module, hours spent in clinical placements. If you can, ask the university to provide how many hours you spent in surgical/medical etc. If you cannot get this from Uni, you can contact the NMC for a more general breakdown and description of the EU-directive for nursing students. I have heard of others having to do this and AHPRA accepting it.

> You must arrange for the NMC to send proof of your registration directly to the AHPRA office. You need to phone NMC and ask them to send you the form, this costs £34, which you can pay online on NMC website. Some people have done this before sending their AHPRA application and had it 'go missing'. I sent mine after I had sent my application to AHPRA. This is why I had to wait 3 weeks for approval, as AHPRA wouldn't process my application until they had received it. It took NMC a week from me sending the form and the £34 to them actually posting it, in hindsight I think I should have sent this off a week before sending of the AHPRA application, then they might have arrived at roughly the same time.

> I also sent a certified copy of my NMC statement of entry.

>You need to send an original signed copy of your CV with the statement "this curriculum vitae is true and correct at [date]". On the application form their is a web address which will explain exactly how to set out your CV, be sure to follow this, as some others have not been accepted.

> Send proof of your CPD, I found a really good template on a thread on here... I can try to find it and PM it to you if you'd like. I've heard of others sending certified copies of certificates etc but I didn't bother, I just filled out the template and signed it with the same statement as my CV.

>Send original, signed, professional references from your employers over the last 5 years. Again, the application form gives you details of exactly how these should be.

>You do not need to do and IELTS for AHPRA if you can prove that you were taught and assessed in English for 5 years, for this I sent:

> GCSE results from secondary school

> A letter from secondary school, stating when I started, when I finished and that I was taught and assessed in the English language (The only thing I managed to get done free!!!)

> A letter from Uni stating the same (£40 for 2 copies)

And the fee of course!!!

I sent my stuff to the Adelaide office, you can send it to wherever you like, even if you don't end up moving to there. When you present to the AHPRA office in the state you end up in, they will forward you ID etc to the office in which you originally applied.

I sent all my stuff with Royal mail airsure, cost about £12 but you can track it all the way up to delivery. If you decide to send to Adelaide, don't panic if it says your parcel has been delivered to Melbourne....it will get there eventually!!

Lastly, if anyone is in the Edinburgh area looking to get certified copies from notary public, there is a place in Leith called Wright and Co. who are very good. They only took £50 for all our documents (think it was about 15) and they donate it to charity!!

Anyway, I hope this might help someone......... GOOD LUCK!!

Shaun :)

Thanks for the thread and well done in getting it done so quick. If you dont mind as you have recently been successful. I have just completed my CV as per guidelines......would you mind reviewing it to make sure its ok/suitable for them?

Thankss xx

Hi Sumi,

Here are the guidelines from AHPRA for the standard CV format, and also the CPD template I used, I will send you my CV in reply to your PM. Try not to get too hung up on the wording for the "true and correct as at" bit, they both basically mean the same thing :)

Shaun

Standard-Format-for-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf

CPD template.doc

Standard-Format-for-Curriculum-Vitae.pdf

CPD template.doc

Hi Tinaisrar,

I'd be happy to have a look :) I'm no expert in CV writing but I'll just compare it to the one they accepted that I did, and hopefully it'll be alright! haha! where are you hoping to make the move to down under? We could be off in 6/7 weeks.... visa permiting. Exscaryating (scary and exciting :P)

Shaun

Edited by SMR23

I sent off my stuff to ANMAC then waited to be approved then did my APHRA paperwork alot of which was duplicated but then emailed ANMAC to forward my file to APHRA then sent APHRA outstanding documents they required according to seperate list then emailed ANMAC and they sent my entire file to APHRA by courier. I received an email from APHRA telling me thye received my file from ANMAC and were awaiting my application which I sent AIRSURE 2 weeks ago but still has not arrived :-(

Hi Redski26,

I think mine actually ended up taking about 11 days to get there. If you track your parcel online, what does the status say?

Shaun

awww thats great shaun, yeah if u could just compare it that will do fine im sure, its just obviously its a different format from normal so just want to make sure it will do lol .

Still looking into areas to be honest, more than likely NSW nearer to sydney or victoria, to be honest wherever i get a job. I bet your really excited now, the time will fly by for you now im sure.........i feel like im in limbo now i have no patience waiting for anything hehe oh well!

Will you pm me your email address and i will forward to u tomorrow night. Of to bed now long shift tomorrow so up at 5am grrr :) x

• 3 months later...
hi do you need professional references for Aphra? i know you do for anmac , i have just looked at the AGOS 40 form and i could only see that they want a statement of service covering 5 years ... i couldnt see anything for prof ref. thanks , maybe form has changed?

Hi, no I didn't need references, just statement of service for AHPRA.