Mandurah and suburbs......

Paulr

Guest Guest66881

We always had our hearts set on landing and making home in Mandurah, but jobs set us on the path we are currently on, loving it regardless but who knows a few years from now maybe move down south (sounds like us ten years ago back in blighty).

Guest jcowley

I have lived in Rockingham for nearly 5 years now and love it, its about 45 minutes drive or train ride to Perth, and in the opposite direction 30 minutes to Mandurah. Rockingham has a great beachfront with restaurants cafes and a few bars.

Been in Mandurah 4 years and love it. Good beaches and it's affordable to live next to one unlike Perth.

That's what I thought about prices seems quite reasonable to be close to the beach or canal side homes.

We like mandurah also but living In Rocko.

Make sure you pronounce it correct though lol (mandra)

We are landing in Perth on 8th May and are initially staying with family in Rockingham,but are hopefully going to live in Mandurah, I'm so glad you put the pronunciation on here because I've been saying it sooooo wrong !!!

We are landing in Perth on 8th May and are initially staying with family in Rockingham,but are hopefully going to live in Mandurah, I'm so glad you put the pronunciation on here because I've been saying it sooooo wrong !!!

Me too! Where you from brown5? your in my neck of the woods!

Paul.

We are looking at Mandurah aka Mandrah (as I found out after watching clips on YouTube).

We thought the canal homes would be extortionate, we have been pleasntly surprised by the rental prices though. You also have to think that it is still a growing town and they estimate that the population will double within 20 years. Good to note for employment prospects or if you are considering starting up your own business.

The only negative we have heard is from a friend who has a brother there. He has done so for many years and absolutely loves it. When our friend visited his brother he thought it was a bit too "Little Britain".

Would love to hear other people's views.

I've just come back from a holiday there, staying with friends. I loved it, my wife loved it we want to move there! The beaches are lovely, the marina is lovely, good parks for the kiddies and there seemed to be plenty to do. There are certainly a few Brits about, but I think that is due to affordability of the area as well. I have to say I met a lot of friendly aussies at a local school when I dropped my god daughter off, so there must be a few about! I even quite liked the travel into the city via Transperth, it is a lot cheaper than UK transport!

Obviously for me it was still a holiday and this needs to be factored in to my rose tinted view!

The amount of brits varies a lot by suburb. Halls Head has a fair few. Lakelands and Meadow Springs do and Secret Harbour is little Britain. But then where we are (southport) there are hardly any. Same goes for Falcon and Port Bouvard.

I think a lot of Brits like to live around other Brits. For us it wasn't even something we thought about.

We moved to Manura on 17th April this year and love it. The rental prices are good for what is on offer. We looked at a rental in the morning and were offered it 3 hours later. It is a 3x1 with abig garden and in a nice area of Halls Head I dont have any brits living around me as I am in the older part. Alot of bris live in Seascapes and around the marina. It is a fab area with great beaches, shops and a foreshore.

Hubby has to drive to Peth everyday and that was his choice but to quote him " Once you come across the bridge and see the views it is worth the drive and he is always back intime to see the sunset over the sea". I am just getting use to the area and riding abike again as we only have one car at the mo. So we are here to stay xxxx

We moved to Manura on 17th April this year and love it. The rental prices are good for what is on offer. We looked at a rental in the morning and were offered it 3 hours later. It is a 3x1 with abig garden and in a nice area of Halls Head I dont have any brits living around me as I am in the older part. Alot of bris live in Seascapes and around the marina. It is a fab area with great beaches, shops and a foreshore.

Hubby has to drive to Peth everyday and that was his choice but to quote him " Once you come across the bridge and see the views it is worth the drive and he is always back intime to see the sunset over the sea". I am just getting use to the area and riding abike again as we only have one car at the mo. So we are here to stay xxxx

Hi,

I'm looking into Mandurah as I hear lots of nice things about it and it looks lovely from the websites. My husband is a crane driver so i suspect most of the work for his field will be in the CBD itself so it's refreshing to read your post, Bluebelle, as it was this long drive that put him off Mandurah in the first place.

What's is Mandurah itself like for employment, does anyone have any idea of the local wages for my Husbands line of work. The properties look amazing and very reasonably priced to what we're used to..

Any info at all on Mandurah would be helpful :o)

Most people who work in Perth get the train. Parking at the station is free and a return ticket is about $10. It runs every 10 mins at peak times.

He may be able to get work on a FIFO basis and the airport is about 1.5 hours away

Fire away with any questions you have on Mandurah

Hi,

I'm looking into Mandurah as I hear lots of nice things about it and it looks lovely from the websites. My husband is a crane driver so i suspect most of the work for his field will be in the CBD itself so it's refreshing to read your post, Bluebelle, as it was this long drive that put him off Mandurah in the first place.

What's is Mandurah itself like for employment, does anyone have any idea of the local wages for my Husbands line of work. The properties look amazing and very reasonably priced to what we're used to..

Any info at all on Mandurah would be helpful :o)

Hello, hope you dont mind me asking but were abouts in Mandurah do you live? We will be arriving in Perth on 24th August but will be living in Mandurah, have been looking at Halls Head & Meadow Springs which look lovely. Do you have kids at school there? We have a 7 year old and a 10 year old, will be just looking to send them to a state school.

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Shauna

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I dont have any children but my friends children all go to South Halls Head school on the Seascapes estate. I can not comment on any other ones in the area sorry. I live in the older part of Halls Head. Meadow spring is nice and alot of brits live there resulting in lots of competition for the rentals . We went to view two houses and there was 50 plus people at each viewing. It seems to be the areas full of brits attract the most viewings ( that is just my opinion and not intent to offend anybody).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived