Toooo Easy?

Rubbidydub

A saying I've heard too many times in the last 8 weeks of being here!

"too Easy" they say but the matter of fact is its not too easy after all when your trying to get get broadband from a telecommunication company. Why do they say this? When quite clearly they don't deliver?

and another thing they say in sentence

"yeah......no"

Whats that all about? You say something to someone about a fact or a comment on something and you get a response of

"yeah....no"

Do you agree or don't you? I don't get it.

Wait til you start saying "too easy" yourself, then you'll realise they've got you.

A lot of the colloquialisms revolve around similar sentiments (no worries, no dramas, all good, good as gold, good thanks, thats the way, right as rain). IMO its part of the difference between brits and aussies. Brits are hardwired to think everything is wrong/broken/damaged, aussies are hardwired to think (or at least say) that everything is fine, even if it's not. Kind of irritating at first but after a while it seems quite normal

Guest haunted1234

i am guilty ive started to say it!!! Tooo Eassy!!!! ive also started to say 'ey' at5 the end of sentences!! i blame my kids LOL!

´How´s it goin´, is one I keep on hearing ............. and now I am saying it myself LOL

Sorry! That was one I was using before I got to Oz. It's a good conversation starter, if you don't know anything about the person you're talking to.

Hope you do realise that this is a different country to the UK...

In my best cockney accent...know wot ah mean?:wink:

It really makes me laugh at the number of poms who come to Australia looking for a different life and expecting it to be exactly the same as the one they left behind...then grumble, groan, whinge, gnash their teeth when it isn't...:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

Having just arrived in Perth last week I heard my first "Too Easy" yesterday when enquiring about joining a gym. I quite like hearing different slang terms and sayings though. Its refreshing from the same old same old I have heard all my life back in the UK.

Sorry! That was one I was using before I got to Oz. It's a good conversation starter, if you don't know anything about the person you're talking to.

No never used this one before myself..... always say / been used to people saying ´how are you´that sort of thing, every one says ´how´s it goin ´here. they are even saying it in the supermarket & I very much doubt that they are looking to start a conversation there, they don´t have the time.

I get what you are saying, but personally I have never heard it before.

Hope you do realise that this is a different country to the UK...

In my best cockney accent...know wot ah mean?:wink:

It really makes me laugh at the number of poms who come to Australia looking for a different life and expecting it to be exactly the same as the one they left behind...then grumble, groan, whinge, gnash their teeth when it isn't...:arghh:

Cheers, Bobj.

I think what peeps are trying to do here Bob is make comments on the language ..... rather than having a moan about the price of petrol or the weather. I don´t think for one minute people expect to cross to the other side of the world and expect to hear exactly the same speak that they heard in the UK, well I don´t for one, so really not a moan, just an observation.

Guest Bouncer Mangle

I also recall the F word getting plenty of use too.:embarrassed:

I think a lot of the colloquialisms stem back from the cockney invasion. We have been putting "o"s after names for hundreds of years.

It's got to be better than "it's OK, I guess", "fair to middling", "should be OK" and "mustn't grumble/moan" that you get in the UK. I love all the over the top friendly phrases. Think I would find the "o" at the end of words a bit grating though, especially arvo. Still, when in Rome.

I think what peeps are trying to do here Bob is make comments on the language ..... rather than having a moan about the price of petrol or the weather. I don´t think for one minute people expect to cross to the other side of the world and expect to hear exactly the same speak that they heard in the UK, well I don´t for one, so really not a moan, just an observation.

So, why make the comments in the first place??

Cheers, Bobj.

´How´s it goin´, is one I keep on hearing ............. and now I am saying it myself LOL

Ha Ha, I always said this. G'Day - how're ya going? It's the same as Hallo, Awright (Knockeeed Knees way of saying it). It's the same as here, always say Hola, Buenos Dias. Wouldn't dream of saying hello, how are you in the UK to any old Tom, Dick or Harry, but you do as they do - I think it would be just bad manners not do so.

Guest john76

For me it's just like everything else to do with this great place, embrace it!!! I love the "too easy" way of doing things and I love to " rock up" for a few " stubbies" with my" brothers" and hope for no " dramas" from me " sheila"

So, why make the comments in the first place??

Cheers, Bobj.

I was just making a comment mate that's all about the strange sayings that they he here........I'm fully aware I'm in a different country hence the thread as to why they say these things......it's a bit like asking " why do people have to be sarcastic and some what degrading to others on forums when they just ask a question"

Nice fish

Archived