176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

I'm little apprehensive about the way they conducted employment verification. I'm being told by ex-colleague that when they visited office our boss was in meeting. They went in and started asking all details about me like when did I join and exactly how long I worked there. The ex-boss asked them to come after lunch so he'll be able to give them info by looking at employee records. He said that this employee left our office some 2-3 years ago and of course I can't remember all her details perfectly. But embassy people said they'll take only 5 mins and insisted on telling whatever he remembered. My boss confirmed my duties and salary but wasn't sure about the duration of employment. Thankfully he told them that experience certificate they had was actually issued by him couple of years ago in good faith and to the best of his knowledge at that time. He also told them if you guys want perfect answers about dates and all, call or visit later.

I'm not sure how can one expect an ex-employer to remember everything so perfectly after all these years. Just imagine the mind-set of employer who is in middle of something very important and suddenly get bombarded with questions regarding an employee who left three years ago. Just hoping DIAC would be satisfied after all this and quickly takes decision.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But embassy people said they'll take only 5 mins and insisted on telling whatever he remembered. My boss confirmed my duties and salary but wasn't sure about the duration of employment. Thankfully he told them that experience certificate they had was actually issued by him couple of years ago in good faith and to the best of his knowledge at that time. He also told them if you guys want perfect answers about dates and all, call or visit later.

I'm not sure how can one expect an ex-employer to remember everything so perfectly after all these years. Just imagine the mind-set of employer who is in middle of something very important and suddenly get bombarded with questions regarding an employee who left three years ago. Just hoping DIAC would be satisfied after all this and quickly takes decision.

This sounds like it will all be fine, I dont think you should worry at all about this. DIAC dont expect perfect memory, the important details were confirmed, and an offer for precise details made if they wanted employment records to be checked. That will be more than enough for them. I imagine that this is their style of investigation - not give the employer a chance to contact the visa applicant about what he/she should say.

This sounds like it will all be fine, I dont think you should worry at all about this. DIAC dont expect perfect memory, the important details were confirmed, and an offer for precise details made if they wanted employment records to be checked. That will be more than enough for them. I imagine that this is their style of investigation - not give the employer a chance to contact the visa applicant about what he/she should say.

I've been little worried as seen few people getting invitation to comment from Natural Justice as their employer couldn't confirm exact details. Though my ex-employer offered them to call later for exact dates if needed so should be alright.

Oh god never thought this application would be such a hard nut to break.:mad: At least now it should sail smooth.

I've been little worried as seen few people getting invitation to comment from Natural Justice as their employer couldn't confirm exact details. Though my ex-employer offered them to call later for exact dates if needed so should be alright.

Oh god never thought this application would be such a hard nut to break.:mad: At least now it should sail smooth.

Hi Nishi

I dont think there's cause for worry. Given all efforts made to provide information, DIAC should not have any issues with the information. Just give it time. Like jasperyogi says... pretty soon you will see that mail in your inbox with those magic words!

and guys I am back from the road trip....drove about 4000 kms, cheated death once! but it was all worth it! got to say farewell to the extended family, ate much and fulfilled my dream of doing the road trip.

Sounds like you have had a fantastic time :biggrin: sooooo glad you have enjoyed it, and really glad you cheated death!

If only we were 20 yrs younger, a road trip sounds super:yes:

Sounds like you have had a fantastic time :biggrin: sooooo glad you have enjoyed it, and really glad you cheated death!

If only we were 20 yrs younger, a road trip sounds super:yes:

Ha! But there is no age bar for a road trip! And thank you for making it look like I am some young stud!

and guys I am back from the road trip....drove about 4000 kms, cheated death once! but it was all worth it! got to say farewell to the extended family, ate much and fulfilled my dream of doing the road trip.

wOw, fanpomstastic....!!! Tell us more about that "cheating death" incident. :o

Just reading about documents uploading

can I not just scan the documents to my pc, then upload individually?

Not very technical so wouldn't have a clue about anything else

cheers

You can upload only 60 documents along with the application. Now if you have more than 60 documents, then you will need to club relevant documents in to one file while scanning. For example if you multiple payslips from one employer then while scanning them you should club it all together so that it be becomes one consolidated document. Thus you can keep it within the upload limit.

Hope this helps

Its a strange feeling seeing your container driving off. Ours left a week ago now. From then on we have been tracking the container ship via marine traffic website, its currently awaiting clearance to go down the panama canal :biggrin:

How's everyone elses plans going? I hope all is going great :wink:

Its a strange feeling seeing your container driving off. Ours left a week ago now. From then on we have been tracking the container ship via marine traffic website, its currently awaiting clearance to go down the panama canal :biggrin:

That's quite something, to think that your stuff has been to Panama without you :cool:

Millie x

wow yours has got pretty far. mine was packed up almost a fortnight ago and i got an email yesterday from the company saying it will leave on july 1st!

It's been sometime since the last post. How's everyone doing with the preparations? Nishi I hope things are moving well for you.

I have no idea if anything is moving at all or not. Though got to know from ex-colleague that employment verification was done on 30th May but from department, have had no communication so far.

I have still not finished packing. The only difference here is that I have nothing to ship in containers. Just coming in with my clothes, books and a blender! everything else shall be sourced in Oz!

Same goes for me. Will be taking just clothes only & will have to buy every other thing from Ausi. Let's see. :)

I have no idea if anything is moving at all or not. Though got to know from ex-colleague that employment verification was done on 30th May but from department, have had no communication so far.

A matter of time then. Hang tight.

Archived