176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my.................!!!!!! I don't know, how to express this feeling.

VISA GRANTED.....!!!!

I was checking my mails 1hour later uploading my PCC's. Here it is.....! wOW.

Visa description RESIDENT

:biggrin::tongue::wink::rolleyes:

My God...massive congratualtions!!!!

Unbeleiveable. Two grants already this week. :)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they are able to issue the visa at the embassy in your country it should be a few days I would have thought but call or email them to check. NZ is beautiful I am sure you will love it. Lots to do in Auckland. Recently married are you/. Congratulations :o)

We have so much to do before settlement date for our house, and then we leave nz back to uk. not been home in a very long time. and then australia here we come (subject to the CO gods of course). trying to find a short term rental in perth that is affordable seems not to exist when you have dogs. i want to give perth a miss...

We are in oz already and hoping can get visitor visa grant within a week or so (I know it sounds too optimistic :P). Well I was talking about my sister's wedding:tongue:, I've been married for three years now (so far so good).

You seem to have lot to do before you put your feet in oz but be sure it'll be 'Happy Feet'. With two dogs you'll need a nice house with big backyard which might cost anything from $350 and more. But isn't NZ almost the same when it comes to living expences (just guessing)?

But isn't NZ almost the same when it comes to living expences (just guessing)?

Unfortunately it is roughly the same, but you get paid ;ess in nz. i actually found oz to be slightly cheaper with the 'necessities' of life such as food, fuel phone etc. plus u get paid WAY more in oz! I'm jealous at everyone who has got there residency in oz! :) good luck with you all.

Unfortunately it is roughly the same, but you get paid ;ess in nz. i actually found oz to be slightly cheaper with the 'necessities' of life such as food, fuel phone etc. plus u get paid WAY more in oz! I'm jealous at everyone who has got there residency in oz! :) good luck with you all.

Seeing that you've applied for SS already, I guess your residency shouldn't be too far Steve :)

Mahoosive congratulations Indikaya and pradiprin!!! So happy for you! Oh I'm getting all emotional best of luck to all the rest of the March family!!

Xxxxxxx

Thanks a lot Kimanda. Hell yes, i'm also feeling like this is a small family & i'd like to call toOz as the 'big brother'

BTW... we still havent got the grant letter in the mail though the status has changed....would this be unusual?

Yeah it seems unusual. As per my guess, you should be getting the mail as soon as you get the grant. How about your your application status? Does that mention "24/04/2012 e-Mail sent to you" under the main applicant. Mine says like that & I got the mail at the same time.

If it's not mentioned, i reckon, u better send a mail to CO. After all, once u r assigned with a CO, they clearly mention that we should contact them through the email address. Wish everything will be ok soon.

Yeah it seems unusual. As per my guess, you should be getting the mail as soon as you get the grant. How about your your application status? Does that mention "24/04/2012 e-Mail sent to you" under the main applicant. Mine says like that & I got the mail at the same time.

If it's not mentioned, i reckon, u better send a mail to CO. After all, once u r assigned with a CO, they clearly mention that we should contact them through the email address. Wish everything will be ok soon.

Nope the online status only shows applicant approved no mention of email sent. Our agent has sent an email yesterday about the letter. hopefully we will hear from them tomorrow

Guest Skyline
Nope the online status only shows applicant approved no mention of email sent. Our agent has sent an email yesterday about the letter. hopefully we will hear from them tomorrow

Congrats Pradiprn=p I'm happy for you=p

We are in oz already and hoping can get visitor visa grant within a week or so (I know it sounds too optimistic :P). Well I was talking about my sister's wedding:tongue:, I've been married for three years now (so far so good).

You seem to have lot to do before you put your feet in oz but be sure it'll be 'Happy Feet'. With two dogs you'll need a nice house with big backyard which might cost anything from $350 and more. But isn't NZ almost the same when it comes to living expences (just guessing)?

Nishi I am the same, 3 years!

Yes lots to do but as I am at home full time with the kids I have the time. That and our moving house company is going to pack everything, will choose which company this is tomorrow once the final quote has come in. We will definitely need a big garden for the dogs, but really need a furnished rental to begin with as we don't fill an entire container so it may take months for our things to get across. the cheapest i can find is $600pw!!! if anyone knows of anything cheaper that is dog friendly please let me know.

As Steve says it costs roughly the same to live in NZ compared to Aus, but we earn a lot less (around 20-30% less), and our dollar is worth so much less than the Australian dollar (you loose about 20%). Grass is always greener on the other side eh!

Is it not possible to be granted the 176 whilst in the sunshine coast? Do you have to be offshore for the final grant?

Nishi I am the same, 3 years!

Yes lots to do but as I am at home full time with the kids I have the time. That and our moving house company is going to pack everything, will choose which company this is tomorrow once the final quote has come in. We will definitely need a big garden for the dogs, but really need a furnished rental to begin with as we don't fill an entire container so it may take months for our things to get across. the cheapest i can find is $600pw!!! if anyone knows of anything cheaper that is dog friendly please let me know.

As Steve says it costs roughly the same to live in NZ compared to Aus, but we earn a lot less (around 20-30% less), and our dollar is worth so much less than the Australian dollar (you loose about 20%). Grass is always greener on the other side eh!

Is it not possible to be granted the 176 whilst in the sunshine coast? Do you have to be offshore for the final grant?

try this one http://www.homeaway.com.au for short term rental....which places are you looking at for rentals?

Archived