176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

My online status says medical finalized after being reffered. How close am I?

Do you have a CO? Have you uploaded the PCCs? Has the CO requested any other info? Without information on all of these difficult to say how close.

may I suggest that you add your timeline in the signature. Will help other forum members understand how far along the process you are.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You are in Level 3 of Inception and waiting for a grant. Quickly now, check if your top is still spinning ... :laugh:

:laugh: not sure about spinning , my top is about to explode!!!

However, our childrens meds are marked finalised now so at least there is movement :wink:

:laugh: not sure about spinning , my top is about to explode!!!

However, our childrens meds are marked finalised now so at least there is movement :wink:

That's good progress. Still have 1 full-day left.

Hope you won't get your grant this week

<tooz tries to reverse-jinx it> :laugh:

Yeah I do have a CO and I have uploaded every document asked.

Hi,

If the last of the documents have been uploaded and everything is finalised then you should see your grant in less than a week, typically much less.

If you like more accurate numbers, you can take a look at the timelines of the people in their signatures.

My online status says medical finalized after being reffered. How close am I?

If your all other docs say "met" & if it's only PPC's left, u r very close. If that's the case, u r very likely to get the grant, as soon as u submit PCC's.

Keeping everything crossed we have some great news from all our march family members soon, or should I be wishing for no news at all??? :biggrin:

That's easy to decide.

Take the time in seconds, you have till end of tomorrow - Split the result into coefficients of a quadratic equation and solve for x - Use the imaginary part of your solution and raise it to the power of your 'CO team number' and multiply by your 'CO allocation date' - Round-up your answer to the nearest integer and if your final answer is even then wish for no news if not go the other way ...:laugh:

Seriously though, it's about time they grant one already.

Hi all,

Newbie to the forum here. I started reading this thread after a google search last weekend when a case officer was assigned and requested Meds and AFP Check (21/4). I had been planning to do these next month - I just wasnt expecting to hear from a case officer so soon as I'm not a 176 - I'm a 175 and applied only December 2011. I'm a Team 4-er, and I can only say from what I've read here and also the fact that I have a CO after such a short time (ok so I am biased), that they must be a tremendous team and doing really great work. Is it ok if I join you all on this thread? I'm hoping that now that CO is assigned, there is not going to be much difference in processing time for my 175 as opposed to 176... in which case I may only be a very short time away from grant (or rather pre-grant in my case as I'm in Melbourne). The only things requested by CO were AFP Check and Meds; online status shows everything else as "met" including character/penal clearance (overseas police cert had been previously uploaded). I did the meds on 24/4, and sent my AFP Application by express post 23/4, so I'm really hoping that both come back soon and that I see the medicals go to 'finalised' and the AFP NPC go to 'met'. The early CO assignment really knocked me.. I have heaps of work to do and also 2 exams to prepare for (heaps of reading), but now all I can think about is visa grant and having PR, so now addicted to checking the 'online status' on DIAC to see if medicals received (not yet), reading the updates on this thread to see how everyone else is progressing, checking Qantas for my possible travel dates for a hop to NZ when pre-grant comes (thankfully no visa required for visit to NZ - as on waiver list) and I'll also be checking the postbox every morning for the AFP cert (even though the AFP website says 15 working days).

Not sure whether I'm supposed to be wishing you all to get your grants tomorrow or not - the jinx / reverse-jinx so maybe I can avoid the jinx issue by just saying that I hope all in this thread have an exceptionally great day tomorrow. :)

Hi all,

Newbie to the forum here. I started reading this thread after a google search last weekend when a case officer was assigned and requested Meds and AFP Check (21/4). I had been planning to do these next month - I just wasnt expecting to hear from a case officer so soon as I'm not a 176 - I'm a 175 and applied only December 2011. I'm a Team 4-er, and I can only say from what I've read here and also the fact that I have a CO after such a short time (ok so I am biased), that they must be a tremendous team and doing really great work. Is it ok if I join you all on this thread? I'm hoping that now that CO is assigned, there is not going to be much difference in processing time for my 175 as opposed to 176... in which case I may only be a very short time away from grant (or rather pre-grant in my case as I'm in Melbourne). The only things requested by CO were AFP Check and Meds; online status shows everything else as "met" including character/penal clearance (overseas police cert had been previously uploaded). I did the meds on 24/4, and sent my AFP Application by express post 23/4, so I'm really hoping that both come back soon and that I see the medicals go to 'finalised' and the AFP NPC go to 'met'. The early CO assignment really knocked me.. I have heaps of work to do and also 2 exams to prepare for (heaps of reading), but now all I can think about is visa grant and having PR, so now addicted to checking the 'online status' on DIAC to see if medicals received (not yet), reading the updates on this thread to see how everyone else is progressing, checking Qantas for my possible travel dates for a hop to NZ when pre-grant comes (thankfully no visa required for visit to NZ - as on waiver list) and I'll also be checking the postbox every morning for the AFP cert (even though the AFP website says 15 working days).

Not sure whether I'm supposed to be wishing you all to get your grants tomorrow or not - the jinx / reverse-jinx so maybe I can avoid the jinx issue by just saying that I hope all in this thread have an exceptionally great day tomorrow. :)

Hi Killara,

Nice that you got a CO in such a short time. HOC usually takes less than 48 hours to finalize the meds, once they are received. Since you uploaded all the requested docs, send an e-mail to your CO saying so. Good luck with your grant!

Just wondering how long it takes for medicals to be finalized:rolleyes:

Hi Nishi,

HOC usually process within 48 hours of receiving them. For me, doc uploaded them on Friday and they were finalized on Monday.

You can check with your clinic to see if they have uploaded everything, doing the Meds is not the same as having the results. Once confirmed, give it 2 to 3 days for HOC to finalize.

What about subdividing the total by the compound interest of the probaility of achieving the projected outcome by the power of 4???? Dont forget that or you'll never know which way to hope!!!! :laugh:

That's easy to decide.

Take the time in seconds, you have till end of tomorrow - Split the result into coefficients of a quadratic equation and solve for x - Use the imaginary part of your solution and raise it to the power of your 'CO team number' and multiply by your 'CO allocation date' - Round-up your answer to the nearest integer and if your final answer is even then wish for no news if not go the other way ...:laugh:

Seriously though, it's about time they grant one already.

A big warm welcome Killara,

Thats super quick CO allocation for a 175, so huge congratulations, keeping everything crossed you get or may not get your grant shortly!!:laugh:We are hoping to be melbourne bound in June :biggrin:

Hi all,

What about subdividing the total by the compound interest of the probaility of achieving the projected outcome by the power of 4???? Dont forget that or you'll never know which way to hope!!!! :laugh:

Since the projected outcome is guaranteed (Knock on Wood) - the probability of it will be 1, which raised to the power of 4 is also 1 - Add in your favorite number for compound interest and simply divide the result from the previous post ...

Damn it, jasperyogi. You messed up my train of thought to crack the code that is 'DIAC processing times' :laugh:

Hi Nishi,

HOC usually process within 48 hours of receiving them. For me, doc uploaded them on Friday and they were finalized on Monday.

You can check with your clinic to see if they have uploaded everything, doing the Meds is not the same as having the results. Once confirmed, give it 2 to 3 days for HOC to finalize.

Yeap I'll be calling medibank tomorrow to see if they have received results from clinic or not. Once they have uploaded I'm gonna drop CO a quick email. :)

Hi all,

Congrats and all the best Killara. Let's hope it won't be long from here on. :)

Since the projected outcome is guaranteed (Knock on Wood) - the probability of it will be 1, which raised to the power of 4 is also 1 - Add in your favorite number for compound interest and simply divide the result from the previous post ...

Damn it, jasperyogi. You messed up my train of thought to crack the code that is 'DIAC processing times' :laugh:

:laugh::laugh:

But the answer is easy...............just look up tonight coz its written in the stars!!!!! :biggrin:

:wacko:does anyone else out there check their status page............even though you know the offices in oz are Closed!!!!

what is that all about???? I am loosing my sanity along with my British Pounds trying to get through this visa process :confused:

A day without news and this is how it affects you guys...seriously?? quadratic equations? probability? seriously?!! atleast you lot arent as grumpy as I was when I was waiting for the grant...small mercies eh!

@Nishi: hope the meds get finalized soon!

:wacko:does anyone else out there check their status page............even though you know the offices in oz are Closed!!!!

what is that all about???? I am loosing my sanity along with my British Pounds trying to get through this visa process :confused:

I'm sure I will when I get round to submitting my 176 - currently waiting on WA SS. Sleep with my Ipad beside the bed so I can check my email on waking - so think i'm doomed ...... doomed I say (wicked laugh) :wacko:

I'm sure I will when I get round to submitting my 176 - currently waiting on WA SS. Sleep with my Ipad beside the bed so I can check my email on waking - so think i'm doomed ...... doomed I say (wicked laugh) :wacko:

I am definately going to keep an eye on this thread then, trust me it gets worse, just look at the rest of us :laugh:

A day without news and this is how it affects you guys...seriously?? quadratic equations? probability? seriously?!! atleast you lot arent as grumpy as I was when I was waiting for the grant...small mercies eh!

@Nishi: hope the meds get finalized soon!

Hi ya,

how are you feeling? has it sunk in yet? :biggrin:

grumpy? i think we are too far gone, down the insanity, pulling our hair out road for that emotion :laugh:

I am definately going to keep an eye on this thread then, trust me it gets worse, just look at the rest of us :laugh:

I am following the March and April thread - i'm addicted - great bunch of people. I share your sadness and laughter - and visa successes - I blow the froth off one everytime there's good news.......:eek: (hiccup!) x

Archived