176 visa lodged March 2012

Guest jamesandstephcole

Hi ya,

how are you feeling? has it sunk in yet? :biggrin:

grumpy? i think we are too far gone, down the insanity, pulling our hair out road for that emotion :laugh:

Sunk in?? dont know about that but i booked my tickets today! landing in Perth on 24th June. So now there's a bunch of stuff to take care of and a road trip to do to say farewell to the family and friends. Terrified and excited in equal measure about sums up my situation at the moment!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since the projected outcome is guaranteed (Knock on Wood) - the probability of it will be 1, which raised to the power of 4 is also 1 - Add in your favorite number for compound interest and simply divide the result from the previous post ...

Damn it, jasperyogi. You messed up my train of thought to crack the code that is 'DIAC processing times' :laugh:

Man what is it with your PCCs? How long do you have to wait? or is it one of those multiple countries business thats holding it up?

Sunk in?? dont know about that but i booked my tickets today! landing in Perth on 24th June. So now there's a bunch of stuff to take care of and a road trip to do to say farewell to the family and friends. Terrified and excited in equal measure about sums up my situation at the moment!

Sooooooooooo jealous! But really really happy for you.... x

:wacko:does anyone else out there check their status page............even though you know the offices in oz are Closed!!!!

what is that all about???? I am loosing my sanity along with my British Pounds trying to get through this visa process :confused:

The first thing I did when I woke up this morning, but still in bed - took out the phone to check status. Funny thing is, I didn't even upload my PCCs yet :wacko:

Man what is it with your PCCs? How long do you have to wait? or is it one of those multiple countries business thats holding it up?

Should be with me end of tomorrow, finally. My gut tells me that next week is the week for me - but then again my gut isn't doing so well from the day I lodged the 176 ...

The first thing I did when I woke up this morning, but still in the bed - took out the phone to check status. Funny thing is, I didn't even upload my PCCs yet :wacko:

So let me get this straight..are you saying you have the PCCs and you havent uploaded them or that you havent got it yet to upload them? If it is the former then one really has to ask..WTF??!!!

So let me get this straight..are you saying you have the PCCs and you havent uploaded them or that you havent got it yet to upload them? If it is the former then one really has to ask..WTF??!!!

Ok saw your response after I posted this so no WTF et al.....all is well again

Hi all,

Newbie to the forum here. I started reading this thread after a google search last weekend when a case officer was assigned and requested Meds and AFP Check (21/4). I had been planning to do these next month - I just wasnt expecting to hear from a case officer so soon as I'm not a 176 - I'm a 175 and applied only December 2011. I'm a Team 4-er, and I can only say from what I've read here and also the fact that I have a CO after such a short time (ok so I am biased), that they must be a tremendous team and doing really great work. Is it ok if I join you all on this thread? I'm hoping that now that CO is assigned, there is not going to be much difference in processing time for my 175 as opposed to 176... in which case I may only be a very short time away from grant (or rather pre-grant in my case as I'm in Melbourne). The only things requested by CO were AFP Check and Meds; online status shows everything else as "met" including character/penal clearance (overseas police cert had been previously uploaded). I did the meds on 24/4, and sent my AFP Application by express post 23/4, so I'm really hoping that both come back soon and that I see the medicals go to 'finalised' and the AFP NPC go to 'met'. The early CO assignment really knocked me.. I have heaps of work to do and also 2 exams to prepare for (heaps of reading), but now all I can think about is visa grant and having PR, so now addicted to checking the 'online status' on DIAC to see if medicals received (not yet), reading the updates on this thread to see how everyone else is progressing, checking Qantas for my possible travel dates for a hop to NZ when pre-grant comes (thankfully no visa required for visit to NZ - as on waiver list) and I'll also be checking the postbox every morning for the AFP cert (even though the AFP website says 15 working days).

Not sure whether I'm supposed to be wishing you all to get your grants tomorrow or not - the jinx / reverse-jinx so maybe I can avoid the jinx issue by just saying that I hope all in this thread have an exceptionally great day tomorrow. :)

You will get all Cat-4 applicants are at here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/138985-new-cat-4-july-1st-2011-part-3-a-200.html

Also a good database at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqEBgay7xfFvdEpQS2NMbTItV1o5bTctcE4wa1pVWHc#gid=1

Eeeeek, you must be sooooo excited!!!!

I am praying my CO gives me a grant tomorrow, I cant think of a better weekend than booking flights, hol lets etc etc etc!!! but realistically it will probably be next week i suppose :sad:

but even if it is next week, I can still dream of booking flights, holiday lets etc, and keep checking my status despite DIAC being closed all weekend!!! what more can I want :laugh:

Yes indeed whats to stop you from doing that. I was already looking at rentals et al when we got the State Sponsorship! That was how insane I had become! Now I have a legitimate reason to do that!

Yes indeed whats to stop you from doing that. I was already looking at rentals et al when we got the State Sponsorship! That was how insane I had become! Now I have a legitimate reason to do that!

Thats brilliant, I look forward to hearing how its all going :biggrin:

I cant wait to get started. Have opened bank accounts now and joined moneycorp in anticipation. Even bought the lonely planet melbourne and Victoria book today so thats something I can get stuck into this weekend, especially with the forcast being typically British. Dont you just love it :laugh:

try this one http://www.homeaway.com.au for short term rental....which places are you looking at for rentals?

Thanks for the links. We will be looking wherever there is work, waiting for the agency to call back to confirm the areas. Just want to be reasonably close to the sea, and a good sized garden essential with 2 dogs and 2 kids. you see normal rents per week for around $350, when it comes to short term it seems to be around the $600 mark. ouch.

My doctor gave me the courier tracking number for our meds. It was delivered this morning. I wonder when it will show online that it has been received. Has anyone had their meds sent by mail? Nothing has changed on my checklist other than further processing.

morning everyone guess what........

We have been granted our visas!!!!!

keeping everything crossed that the rest of our march family get their grants really soon, off now to tell the children :laugh: xxx

Congratulations!!! That's really great news.

New policy in town, Reverse-jinxing. Exhibit A.

We all look like that cat from Alice in wonderland, the biggest grins ever. hang in there you will get that grant any day now!! any sign of that PCC yet? Looking forward to seeing your "I have uploaded my PCC!!" and make sure its typed in the biggest font possible :biggrin:

morning everyone guess what........

We have been granted our visas!!!!!

keeping everything crossed that the rest of our march family get their grants really soon, off now to tell the children :laugh: xxx

Congratulations!!! Congratulations!!! Reverse Jinx, Probability, Quadratic Equations all of them seems to have worked!

ToOZ, Leanie, Nishi now waiting to hear from you guys!

Thanks for the links. We will be looking wherever there is work, waiting for the agency to call back to confirm the areas. Just want to be reasonably close to the sea, and a good sized garden essential with 2 dogs and 2 kids. you see normal rents per week for around $350, when it comes to short term it seems to be around the $600 mark. ouch.

My doctor gave me the courier tracking number for our meds. It was delivered this morning. I wonder when it will show online that it has been received. Has anyone had their meds sent by mail? Nothing has changed on my checklist other than further processing.

Did you check the other link that I sent? that one had dog friendly houses under 600...most of them in Rockingham though.

Archived