176 visa lodged January 2012

We lodged our application on the 25th of January. We were requested to submit further information i.e. Form 80 and proofs of work and de facto relationship on the 29th of January. We uploaded those document and this morning(7th of Feburary) they requested the Police certificates and medical xrays etc...

I have to say this is moving very quickly.

Gosh...My agent uploaded extra info which was requested on Thursday 3rd Feb, up to now nothing has changed!!!icon9.png

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!

Just found this forum. I'm currently in the process of making a 176 application for myself and my family.

Quick question about the supporting documentation: does this need to be attached electronically and sent via snail mail? I can't find any clear instructions on this. To me, it makes more sense to attach (i.e., scan) the original of the document, but the text often asks for a certified copy (e.g., birth certificate), which makes me think they want those documents sent physically (as well as attached).

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Simon

You can upload documents electronically, they dont have to be certified if they are uploaded in colour. That is my understanding. At work so don't have time to dig around for the quote on that so do your own research.

haha I must be the only person here not bothered at the speed and actually wishing it was going slower.

Would of been preferable for me to go with the 175 as I am not in a rush to go to Oz but alas the IETLS test score on writing scuppered that. Was by chance my profession popped up on the state sponsorship list and hey presto seem to be fast tracked here .... aa bit too quick for me :twitcy:

Still anxiously waiting for updates to our application :)

Can anyone tell me - after actually going for your medicals, how long does it usually take for the visa to be granted? I'd guess 2 to 3 weeks?

Ours only took 10days including weekends and we got granted out visa today yippee, it's extremely quick!!

(Almost?) everyone in this thread seems to be going for state sponsorship. Does anyone know if state-sponsored visas are given priority over applications sponsored by an Australian citizen? Or should a relative-sponsored visa be granted as quickly as a state-sponsored one? (I seem to remember seeing a priority list at some point, but I can't find it again now.)

Thanks,

Simon

Well got police checks back today - do we need to post these certificates to Adelaide? Had medicals today which went ok apart from getting very lost and it taking 2.5 hours to get from Leeds to Manchester! Doc said that kids and I are fine and are been processed but my husband is waiting on blood tests he had done today for his diabetes. Doc says he'll call tomorrow if results not good to come up with an 'action plan' - which I think is seeking opinion of an endocrinologist. Am worried that we won't get a visa - anyone else had medicals with diabetes?

How long after medicals and police checks received do they grant visa?

A very nervous Emma x

Best of luck guys....have a feeling some of ye will be getting your grant tonight! We're still waiting on police clearance.......so we're not even in the running yet to have co press the big grant button.

Hope the visa fairy visits :jiggy: x

Archived