176 visa lodged January 2012

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest waitingSS

Hi

We got State Sponsership in Dec 2011 and lodged with the DIAC on the 16th of January 2012. So now waiting for the CO

Guest Lucy Furness

We're still awaiting a CO after lodging on 19th Jan. I check online constantly! (Going to WA on State Sponsored 475) Do we get notified online on the DIAC tracking thing, or is it just an email? I'm doing mine through an agent, so don't know if she'll get the email direct or if it'll come to us first?

I seriously want to get my meds and police checks booked, but the agent has told us to hold off until instructed!

Good luck everyone! The race is on!

Hi- Anyone help with the WA State sponsor form, on the first page there is a question I am unsure of

On the first page, "skills Assesment Result Information" it asks date of skills assesment and then Occupation outcome of skills assment?

Is the first quest when we sent our paperwork to VETASSES to be assesed (if so which date do we go on, when it was received or when we received email confirmation)

On the outcome of skills assesment, would this be my OH practical test which he has in 3 weeks so we cant fill it in yet anyhow?? Just trying ot have the form done all ready to go if he passed (fingers crossed) thanks for your help xx

We're still awaiting a CO after lodging on 19th Jan. I check online constantly! (Going to WA on State Sponsored 475) Do we get notified online on the DIAC tracking thing, or is it just an email? I'm doing mine through an agent, so don't know if she'll get the email direct or if it'll come to us first?

Hi Lucy- t depends what email adress ye gave for correspondance- I guess since you have an agent it will go to them and then they will pass it on. You can log on and check to see what email adrress they have for correspondance

Argh. It's heading towards midnight and here I am sitting in front of the computer refreshing my e-mails. LOL... I just can't sleep. I had the medicals today and I'm all hyper... or maybe it was the huge pizza I ate before going to bed.

I have been waiting for a co for a 176 since 16th Jan, It looks to me like those that got CO's first are short of documents so maybe those of us that are waiting longer are being looked into at the moment but not yet contacted due to uploading the correct documents......... just a thought!

Good stuff!!! We are looking into state sponsorship but am I right in thinking that as a family with three young children we would need 50,000 aus dollars before applying?

Hi Petersloan, apparently they will never actually look for balances of cash when you enter Australia.

When we filled out our VIC SS, we were asked to give approximates of assets...for example Property, Car, jewellery, shares etc

Obviously you would need assets to help you set up in Aus comfortably as the state will not support you and they just done want people arriving over without liquid assets

I have been waiting for a co for a 176 since 16th Jan, It looks to me like those that got CO's first are short of documents so maybe those of us that are waiting longer are being looked into at the moment but not yet contacted due to uploading the correct documents......... just a thought!

I thought that too....but even some of you still waiting dont have ALL YOUR docs eg medicals

Yeah thats right Colin- I guess only becasue they are so expensive and they can expire! Plus it reduces the lengt of time before you have to validate your visa.

I think its just they might see stuff like defacto relationships and give it to a certain team/more experienced members (just a thought)

Archived