176 visa lodged January 2012

Got a Visa!!!!!!! wooooo.....ahh crap I was just dreaming! Nothings changed for us either . I second spoody , Im getting bored too :(

We did find out though yday that the girl in the police station that does the police clearance is AWAY til next monday so nothing is going to be happening for us anytime soon. When she does get back to work I still think ours is sitting someplace getting lost. They were so so unhelpful when I called. Saying it wasnt even logged on system yet. Arrrggghhh.

I reckon team 2 will do us guys all in one day ....lots of 'mets' for us and even one or two visa grants.

Dono- youve everthing submitted.

Spoody- is it police history too??

Heather- meds outstanding

me- police clearance outstanding

Now on another little matter thats starting to grate on me....peole asking questions in this thread that havent lodged their visa in Dec! Can people post their queries in the migration forum where people will see it. (Im obviously tired now that Im moaning!)

you are tired now, the thread is January not December...lol

We are waiting for police checks coming back and then meds in March. Given up checking at mo it is just 'doing my head in' lol...

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are waiting for police checks coming back and then meds in March. Given up checking at mo it is just 'doing my head in' lol...

lol. that is funny...hey I feel we've been waiting since Dec......Dec 2010!!! Yes I am tired!

Ive stupid baby massage now...I need the massage and a sleep :(

Yeah hav to say Im bit fed up of it ..esp since no chance of gettting police checks anytime soon.

Roll on fri when they close for bit hehehehe

I don't think it's true that the prioritise some occupations over others... if they did they'd have to disclose that.

I think that each case is just allocated to people that are experienced - eg, de-facto relationship goes to people with de-facto relationship experience etc.

hey ack waiting on police clearance and meds to be uploaded when I phoned the hospital she told me that both medicals and x-rays were fine the only hold up is they can't upload them! And we got a confirmation email from ACRO police checks that they received our police cert paperwork on the 8th so I'm hoping we get the certificates through any day now!

Im guessing a visa grant around 2nd march it will have been 4weeks then since we were allocated a case officer!

Em

Police checks are back! Wow that was quick need to post them to London to our agent then they should be uploaded tomorrow :-D
we got confirmation they were received on the 7th, my friend phoned Monday to say they had phoned her and asked her how long she had known both my husband and I and how we met etc...so hopefully ours will be soon.

we got confirmation they were received on the 7th, my friend phoned Monday to say they had phoned her and asked her how long she had known both my husband and I and how we met etc...so hopefully ours will be soon.

All this waiting is driving us mad, but we will soon be waiting for something else no doubt! Maybe our case officer will do something with the status of our application n information sent any day now!!!

Em

Congrats Heather!

Good to see a fellow north east'ner making there way to aus!

Skills Assessment submitted for a NSW 176 visa!

I have got my IELTS this weekend, so stressful times!

I am hoping my ACS skills check won't take too long! Like most people on here i am really impatient and want to get out to Aus asap!

Fingers crossed on the skills assessment, it determines whether its Sydney or Melbourne!

We are applying for a Vic SS 176 visa, so hope you guys don't mind me writing here! Haven't actually gotten to the stage of applying for the visa yet as I've just sent off my VETASSESS documents on Monday.

I'm also another one sitting the IELTS this Saturday with my husband this weekend! Stressful times ahead indeed!

Hi Emma

thanks ever so much for your info. Wow, you're nearly there now. We've just seriously started researching this week, so gotta get in touch with past employers, uni people etc . So hopefully that wont take too long - fingers crossed. But thats great, you've given me some sort of order of things to work to. I believe police checks could take ages to come through - we have both Ireland (north) and Scotland - do both me and my man (I'll be main applicant) have to get police clearance? Should I go ahead and get this now do you think,or does it have a short expiry/ Sorry to interupt your forum, first time posting on forums and I probably should have started a new one.

Good luck with your application

Annie

Hi Emma

thanks ever so much for your info. Wow, you're nearly there now. We've just seriously started researching this week, so gotta get in touch with past employers, uni people etc . So hopefully that wont take too long - fingers crossed. But thats great, you've given me some sort of order of things to work to. I believe police checks could take ages to come through - we have both Ireland (north) and Scotland - do both me and my man (I'll be main applicant) have to get police clearance? Should I go ahead and get this now do you think,or does it have a short expiry/ Sorry to interupt your forum, first time posting on forums and I probably should have started a new one.

Good luck with your application

Annie

Hi Annie

Have you applied for your visa yet? We waited until we were instructed by our case officer to get them done they received ours on the 8th feb and completed on the 13th feb an we received the certificates this morning! Ours didn't take to long but we only had the uk fortunately. I do believe that for some reason Ireland does take much longer unsure why!

Em

We got SA SS and we had to write why we had chosen SA and show we had really researched the place, for example jobs, wages, ccost of all other factors, I compared ours against our disposable income in the UK. Sell yourself as well, make them feel like they want you... We also had to do a financial commitment declaration giving an estimate of funds we would be likely to land with...sale of house, cars, savings etc...

Thanks Heather,

How did you know what it was they were looking for? Is it on a website or did they request extra info after you appiled? We are finding it quite tricky things out without the help of an agent!

Thanks Heather,

How did you know what it was they were looking for? Is it on a website or did they request extra info after you appiled? We are finding it quite tricky things out without the help of an agent!

We were told we would have to do this by our agent, so I prepared mine in advance...it is pretty obvious where it slots in when you are going through the online application.

Hi ack , no haven't recieved grant yet last time we checked with diac was 24th of Jan , the email we had back was your application is under routine processing we will contact u when all other routine checks r done cannot believe when everyone's getting theirs as we still haven't had it me oh is really peed off , I can only imagine they r external checking or somert becus we shudnt b waiting this long cud understand if everyone else was still waiting yes it is a 176ss wa , we asked co aswel if anything further was required she replied no we have everything we need so puzzled.com cud understand if from high risk country but we are UK citizens born and bred , me hubby has worked for defence and nuclear stuff like so they might just be external checks going on totally peed off and beginning think its a waste of time money and effort xx anyway CONGRATS ON YA VISA GREAT NEWS XX

Hi guys,

no email last night again. At least i guess we all iden to be waiting. Its gas how things work out. Its never straight forward.

Spoody thats great that your police clearance certs are so fasr. Its so annoying waiting for them when the girl that does them. Is not there til Monday. I think in UK ye have a central placed they are processed. Here its done locally, which means it doesnt get done !

Dono sorry to hear about your delay.thats a serious bummer after you had everything submitted, i thought youd have visa by now! And sure heather too is waiting on more tests. After all that excitement at the start we thought they were super efficient. I hope we see movement soon .

Im. Not sure i can keep this up!

On phone sending this so excuse the mistakes

Archived