176 visa lodged January 2012

The time taken for your skills assessment varies depending on what your occupation is, the assessing authority, the type of qualifications you have etc. etc. All these variables mean it is impossible to say how long it should take in a particular case.

However, mine took 2 and a bit months with Engineers Australia being the assessing authority.

Using an agent doesnt really give you a better chance than not doing so - Despite what they may say.

We never considered using an agent, you can get all the information you need from these forums.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone..

No change for us last night....I checked twice!

We sent CO an email 3weeks ago and heard nothing back anyway hopefully it wont matter. We rang Garda about our police clearance certs this morning and after a long plea ...she said they will be ready to collect tomo evening at 7pm. So yeahhh hopefully by tomo night we will upload them for the CO and be all ready for the visa grant !

Spoody - wow you are so close. Bet youll have it be the weekend and be joining Spencer in the next forum :) Best of luck

We'd love to have ours by friday and if we upload it tomo we might have....we are spending next weekend at a family occassion and would be nice to have a visa grant letter confirmed :)

I dont think using an agent makes it faster at all. If anything we were told if you are ringing to seek something its actually better coming from the person and not the agent. In the end its all the same

You are right, I blame my agent for delaying my application by almost a month...they are always busy and they don't work for just one person.

*sigh* all this waiting and admin. It's getting me down today.

Ahhh I know! But sure it'll come when it comes!

The mad thing is for us anyway that no matter when it comes we dont intend to go anywhere until end of 2012 :) But it'll be nice knowing

Hi Pals:

Today received the pre grant.

Timelines

23-jan-12 : 176 lodged

07-feb-12 : co allocated

09-feb-12 : all docs met

21-feb-12 : pre grant issued

Best of luck for dono, ack, spoody, heather and others...

Cheers,

so today we collect our police clearance...yeah!!! so by tonight we will be all sorted.

Am just wondering about something. We got co on 21/Jan and were requested along with meds, PCC to give work experience docs which we uploaded on 2/feb...but even this morning its still as 'requested' should I be getting worried is not changed to met. Mind you meds etc still as finalised not met either!

We took screen grabs so thats something.

My documents still say required on the checklist page but meds on the front pages say finalised i don't understand it but my agent said they don't always change the status! Which I was annoyed at as there's no point in having a tracking system if there not going update it and she said im not alone there always doing it x

Oh and congrats on the visa grant too!!!! :-D

so today we collect our police clearance...yeah!!! so by tonight we will be all sorted.

Am just wondering about something. We got co on 21/Jan and were requested along with meds, PCC to give work experience docs which we uploaded on 2/feb...but even this morning its still as 'requested' should I be getting worried is not changed to met. Mind you meds etc still as finalised not met either!

We took screen grabs so thats something.[/quote

Hi ack, do not worry abt that my Pcc still shows required

but I got the grant. However after submitting all docs

and u havent heard for long time say for a weak or two

then chase ur agent.

In my case all was ok on 9th and no changes after that

i pushed my agent to chk with co yday and today I got

grant... May be co's put it aside after processing:-)

We took screen grabs so thats something.[/quote

Hi ack, do not worry abt that my Pcc still shows required

but I got the grant. However after submitting all docs

and u havent heard for long time say for a weak or two

then chase ur agent.

In my case all was ok on 9th and no changes after that

i pushed my agent to chk with co yday and today I got

grant... May be co's put it aside after processing:-)

It was a quick grant for you that's for sure, hope the rest of us don't habe too much of a wait ahead of us!

My OH medicals have changed this morning to referred!!! :-( were hoping it's nothing serious or maybe an error but he is dyslexic an apparently that can affect your medical as it comes within mental health we were told, when we mentioned it to the panel doctor we explained it is only mild and he is a self employed joiner and gets through day to day life with no problems! So not sure what's going to happen next but hopefully we will know something soon! :-(

Emma

My OH medicals have changed this morning to referred!!! :-( were hoping it's nothing serious or maybe an error but he is dyslexic an apparently that can affect your medical as it comes within mental health we were told, when we mentioned it to the panel doctor we explained it is only mild and he is a self employed joiner and gets through day to day life with no problems! So not sure what's going to happen next but hopefully we will know something soon! :-(

Emma

I am sure it will be OK Emma...mine will probably be referred because i am not a size 10! lol

Well...finally we got our illusive PCCs :laugh:

We've uploaded them there....so now everything is done and its time for the CO to do his thing!

We'd love to know by friday as we're meeting family on weekend but I doubt we will.

I hope others are rights when they say items can be 'met' but its just a case that the CO doesnt update the checklist.

Heres hoping we wake up to our visa ..............ahhh :)

Well...finally we got our illusive PCCs :laugh:

We've uploaded them there....so now everything is done and its time for the CO to do his thing!

We'd love to know by friday as we're meeting family on weekend but I doubt we will.

I hope others are rights when they say items can be 'met' but its just a case that the CO doesnt update the checklist.

Heres hoping we wake up to our visa ..............ahhh :)

You could always email your CO to say you have uploaded additional things...my agent has done that today to see if that makes things move a little.

Well I think that it comes in waves...

Probably true.

No change on ours. Tbh I wish they'd say met on the work experience...I dont mind waiting on others to change as they are 100% fine, but on workexperience they could always come back to you.

Archived