176 visa lodged January 2012

hi ack , i have had our visa grant this morning , i wouldnt worry about docs saying met because ours still say recieved even now and we got the grant this morning the first page of ya status page shrinks down in size and says applicant approved and u get a grant letter via email x

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi ack , i have had our visa grant this morning , i wouldnt worry about docs saying met because ours still say recieved even now and we got the grant this morning the first page of ya status page shrinks down in size and says applicant approved and u get a grant letter via email x

Ahh CONRATULATIONS bingo.

Hopefuly be joining you soon in some celebrations x

Thanks Heather,

I'm really questioning wgy I'm using an agent. I've got a good idea of what evidence I need to include, I did my skills assessment and submitted even before I approached the agent. And now I find out that the visa proccessing times are not really any quicker with an agent. I've signed an agreement with the price stages and the next stage is conditional on the skills assessment. I don't think its legally binding me to use their service though, but I'm not sure.

What should I do??

Without an agent?

Having an agent makes no difference to how long the DIAC takes to assign a case officer or process your application (no matter what an agent says). An agent can only help in making sure there are no delays where the DIAC asks for more information.

Thanks Heather,

I'm really questioning wgy I'm using an agent. I've got a good idea of what evidence I need to include, I did my skills assessment and submitted even before I approached the agent. And now I find out that the visa proccessing times are not really any quicker with an agent. I've signed an agreement with the price stages and the next stage is conditional on the skills assessment. I don't think its legally binding me to use their service though, but I'm not sure.

What should I do??

We did it without an agent....just asks lots of questions here!

Id just be careful about things like dates and work experience criteria- make sure you are satisfying all that criteria associated with hours 20 min for a year. and need to have worked last 12months from 24 etc and you'll be fine.

If you got through the skills assessment then you obviously are fine!

Guest mickhez

Hi all,

my SS for WA was submitted on monday 20/02/2012 via my agent. I was wondering though if there is any sort of tracking website to see progress as my agent lets say isnt the best at communication. I submitted SS for VIC last june and was refused but no reason given! Extremely nervous at the moment as im sure everyone else is!

We did it without an agent....just asks lots of questions here!

Id just be careful about things like dates and work experience criteria- make sure you are satisfying all that criteria associated with hours 20 min for a year. and need to have worked last 12months from 24 etc and you'll be fine.

If you got through the skills assessment then you obviously are fine!

Thanks ack.

Thanks Heather,

What should I do??

If you are not legally tied into using the agent I would def do it on your own. As long as you can scan documents in and save them in file format the DIAC want then you are good to go - quite easy really. You can always ask PIO if you're stuck - most of us have!

Good luck

Emma

If you are not legally tied into using the agent I would def do it on your own. As long as you can scan documents in and save them in file format the DIAC want then you are good to go - quite easy really. You can always ask PIO if you're stuck - most of us have!

Good luck

Emma

I second this :)

Ok guys...REALLY hoping we get our visa tonight :) or else its another weekend and another long week ahead of us next wk.

Im getting tired of the wait.

Mind you when fingers crossed we do get it......ive been looking at rents in Victoria...jesus..expensive! Am getting bit worried.

Dono did you meds get sorted for OH?

Off to bed now, am wrecked.

<*<*<*<*<Visa dust *>*>*>*> everyone x

My OH's additional medicals have been sent off :) So hopefully we have a chance of hearing back from them next week with a positive answer :)

Sorry ignore last question! Just seen this now.

Thats great news Dono...hopefully team 2 will get uber eficient again for us x

Ok guys...REALLY hoping we get our visa tonight :) or else its another weekend and another long week ahead of us next wk.

Im getting tired of the wait.

Mind you when fingers crossed we do get it......ive been looking at rents in Victoria...jesus..expensive! Am getting bit worried.

Dono did you meds get sorted for OH?

Off to bed now, am wrecked.

<*<*<*<*<Visa dust *>*>*>*> everyone x

Ack: I was in Vic for last 4 years and I believe the rent is cheaper

compared to other states...

Top of it lifestyle is superb u won't regret once u move!

Good luck

Emma

Thanks Emma! Do I have to do an electronic aplplication. Can't I just send a paper app in?

Well I'm tracking the medicals - they've reached Singapore now so the next stop is Sydney :) The MOC should receive them on Monday and they seem to be quite quick at the moment. *holding thumbs* I really really want this to be over now lol.

I'm surprised at how long some people wait for between the finalization of all documents, and the actual grant letter.

Archived