176 visa lodged January 2012

Hi Emma

All went well apart from mine...typical! I have to go back on Monday to do another urine sample! Mine had blood in it (i started my period on the morning of the medical!!!) The joys of being a woman!

Hopefully next weeks will be ok though...just annoyed i have to go back to Manchester to re do it. I wasn't allowed to my own doctor!

Sounds promising apart from the urine sample, hopefully plain sailing after retest. Hopefully we will both be celebrating very soon! When are you thinking of going?

Emma x

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sianburton

Medicals were finalised today and I just looked and our visa has been granted :jiggy:I'm over the moon. Feels like we've been at this forever. Now for a fews months chilling out before we start organising everything to leave at the end of the year. Hope everyone elses is coming along and wish you all the best of luck x

I am convienced WA SS is currently taking priority over VIC SS. Most visas granted in the past months are WA SS. Just a little theory I have because I checked with the health processing centre and they informed me my oh's medicals were finalised but still no change:confused:

Our visas took 46 days from the date we lodged them, but that was quite a long time because of some additional information for my OH's medicals which delayed us by about 16 days.

I think they will still process lodged 176s after 01/07. They originally said they'd only send the first round of invites under the new system in January 2013, but this was changed to August 2012 (so from 6 months to 1 month) recently. I think that if you lodge any time up until the middle of April, you have a good chance of getting your visa before the changes - assuming there isn't a sudden last minute influx of apps. I have a feeling they might suspend accepting new applications around the middle of May though.

Thanks Dono, wow 46 days is fantastic! To think that waiting periods used to be 12 months or more :/

Medicals were finalised today and I just looked and our visa has been granted :jiggy:I'm over the moon. Feels like we've been at this forever. Now for a fews months chilling out before we start organising everything to leave at the end of the year. Hope everyone elses is coming along and wish you all the best of luck x

Fab news!!! Really pleased for you.

Emma x

Our medicals have been finalised and we're just sat here waiting for the police certificates to turn up - How long is it taking at the moment between Police certs and grant?

All other documents have been approved etc. and the wait is a little frustrating.

Our medicals have been finalised and we're just sat here waiting for the police certificates to turn up - How long is it taking at the moment between Police certs and grant?

All other documents have been approved etc. and the wait is a little frustrating.

Its very hard all this waiting!!! Fingers crossed for tomorrow, not sure i can stand another weekend not knowing.

Emma

Hi pswebb38

I know its an oldish post but just wanted to pick your brains.

Im in the middle of lodging my assessment with ACS, can I apply for a Vic SS whilst Im doing this or do I have to wait until I have my IELTS and Assessment confirmed?

Cheers

Andy

I think that only leaves us to be granted!

Hopefully next week or the next!

Us too - We only lodged on the last day of Jan though.

How do they notify you when it's granted? I'm checking the online status daily but am I just wasting my time? Should I just be checking my emails daily?

Does everyone else find the Application Status page on the DIAC website is almost useless? I keep checking but it doesnt tell us anything of use. We submitted the last of our paperwork last week and it still says "Requested" even though the CO has acknowledged receipt.

Everyone here seems to be getting their visa granted really soon after medicals are done but ours was two weeks ago :(

Does everyone else find the Application Status page on the DIAC website is almost useless? I keep checking but it doesnt tell us anything of use. We submitted the last of our paperwork last week and it still says "Requested" even though the CO has acknowledged receipt.

Everyone here seems to be getting their visa granted really soon after medicals are done but ours was two weeks ago :(

have your meds been finalised?

Archived