176 visa lodged January 2012

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to butt in everyone but I have just started my 176 application, I have my IELTS booked and almost completed my Skills Assessment apllication with ACS (im doing an IT Assessment).....obviously the July 1st deadline is fast approaching....how long has it taken you guys to get your visa from start to finish?

I assume as long as I get the visa application in before the 1st of July I will be within the deadline?

Also, do you know how long the visa lasts for...ie, how quickly you have to move to Oz once you have the 'Golden Ticket'?

Thanks guys and congrats to you all who have your visas....mucho jealous :-)

Guest Berhe

Hey Everyone,

I just registered with PomsinOz and I'm quite impressed with the collective knowledge and experience among it's members, not to mention the wealth of advice and information being generously shared. I wish I found this site last year.

Australia was never an interest to me until I went there for vacation in December 2011. I returned in January 2012 convinced that Australia was the place I needed to be! I live in Canada, and the first few weeks back I was tied up with work and relocation to a new city. Then came the apartment hunt, organizing shipment of my belongings, blah blah blah. Long story short, it's now the last day of March and I haven't started anything. I found a great migrant agent who came highly recommended and who was also eager to start the ball rolling come Monday. But, in all honesty, I feel absolutely dissappointed with myself over nothing getting this started sooner. Just to get a VETASSESS assessment would take me 12-16 weeks, and based on the stories I've read here, most likely even longer (even the VETASSESS website has a banner indicating how backlogged they are). I definitely won't make the July 1, 2012 deadline. *sigh*

Anyways, congrats to everyone who got it in on time, and especially to those who were awarded a visa. And another thing to those who are anxiously waiting - you're in a much better situation than I am. Hope to hear from other members soon!

Berhe

YOu could still apply for the points test advisory letter??

So going on the basis you dont REALLy need it.

We are proving our work experience with- employer references (Yes- all same stuff we sent of to VETASSESS basically) along with wage slips covering the entire period and bank statements. With only sent of a selection of payslips from each year as was paid fortnightly so that would have been too many but attached what we hope is enough.

Whos your assessing body?? VETASSESS we know from experience are terribly slow. But other bodies arent

ACT, i see your visa was granted. Congrats!

Did your CO request "points advice"?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

I am soo fed up of waiting. Why do these visas take so long. Surely if one has supplied all required documentation it should be straight forward.. yes or no... I need a new car but then I say to myself what if the visa comes tomorrow..

Hating living in limbo like this.

Guest Australianinwaiting

Our visa was granted a couple of weeks ago, just as I was having a terrible time at work. It rather got lost in all the awfulness, but I'm thrilled and delighted. Now on to the next stage of planning, validation!

ACT, i see your visa was granted. Congrats!

Did your CO request "points advice"?

Cheers

No dont need it.......it helps to 'support' your claim for additional points but its not necessary :) Thankfully!

Our visa was granted a couple of weeks ago, just as I was having a terrible time at work. It rather got lost in all the awfulness, but I'm thrilled and delighted. Now on to the next stage of planning, validation!

We're the same........my god the amount of planning is unreal!

OH's medicals were finalised a few days after they were referred (Feb) according to the Health Operations Centre,, but still showing as still referred. I emailed CO a few weeks back and reply was that it was still being processed.

Id email and ask is there anything else they require? Hopefully that will help and email maybe HOC and is if theyve processed it

Id email and ask is there anything else they require? Hopefully that will help and email maybe HOC and is if theyve processed it

I did Ack and this was their reply on the 8th of March ,,"Thank you for your email. Please be advised the medicals which you are enquiring about have been assessed and finalised.

If you should require further information please contact the case officer or relevant business area and quote the following Client ID Number -..."

I then emailed CO and this was the reply ....."Thank you for your email.

Your application is undergoing routine processing, I will advise you as soon as I am able to finalise your application."

Iam frustrated because I supplied all requested info and the longer it takes the likely it is that I and my family will have to go for medicals again and police checks. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long..

I did Ack and this was their reply on the 8th of March ,,"Thank you for your email. Please be advised the medicals which you are enquiring about have been assessed and finalised.

If you should require further information please contact the case officer or relevant business area and quote the following Client ID Number -..."

I then emailed CO and this was the reply ....."Thank you for your email.

Your application is undergoing routine processing, I will advise you as soon as I am able to finalise your application."

Iam frustrated because I supplied all requested info and the longer it takes the likely it is that I and my family will have to go for medicals again and police checks. Hopefully it shouldn't be too long..

Hang in there. It will all work out

Millie x

Archived