IELTS reading any tips?

mapster

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Suzi Wong

Well done to all of you who have passed. It is really stressful! We didnt hang on to candidate number from day of test so are unable to look online. Will need to wait for the postie to dig his way through the forecasted snow in the morning. Keeping everything crossed.

Congrats to all who passed there Ielts. I got my results this morning I sat the Academic and needed 7s for ANMAC skills assessment and 8s for extra visa points I got (L) 7.5 ®8.5 (W)7.0 (S)7.5 overall 7.5 .However I am delighted and I can crack on with my skills assessment and next time Ill sit the general test and try for 8s. Good luck to anyone else waiting on results x

Congrats to all who passed there Ielts. I got my results this morning I sat the Academic and needed 7s for ANMAC skills assessment and 8s for extra visa points I got (L) 7.5 ®8.5 (W)7.0 (S)7.5 overall 7.5 .However I am delighted and I can crack on with my skills assessment and next time Ill sit the general test and try for 8s. Good luck to anyone else waiting on results x

Well done...bring on the next stage!

Thanks Guys....

No don't want the books back thanks Heather.

I just can't seem to crack the reading section and time is running out feel really deflated at the mo....

No idea what to do or if the time has come to say no we can't go and just get on with our lives in the UK? Oh its all so bloody hard!!!!

Gutted....I really thought I had cracked it BUT YET AGAIN 7.5 for the reading:mad:

Have you tried switching to the Academic?

I really struggled with the Reading section too and switched to Academic for just that reason. It's marked slightly differently and you can get 1 or 2 more wrong and still get the 8!

I passed by doing that on my 2nd attempt. Just think, your score this time may have been enough if you were sitting Academic rather than General.

Personally I didn't find it any harder, just a little bit more formal when it came to the writing test. Listening and Speaking are identical.

Don't give up, it can be done!

Yep, still getting my head around this ? I pass every section with a 9 and the reading section again - 6.5! So i am a University graduate and a Nursing Sister on one the most successful childrens cardiac hospitals here in the UK. So feel rather cheated regarding this situation !

Spoke to the test centre last time about this and they said " i was so very close" ! ! !

Somethings not right here folks - especialy when there is a course you can PAY for to aid you in passing ??? Ahhh thats better, off my chest :wink:

Mapster so sorry for you. Don't give up, this test is a nightmare but you are so close. maybe being ill on the day didn't help. You will do it,surely one more test is worth it. Keep positive :-) i agree with you pegs, keep going you will crack it. sporty x

Come on mapster ,dont give up the dream I'm taking another this month, dont let it get you down .It's another hoop we have to jump through " JUST KEEP JUMPING

The last test i had sporty gave me a good talking to ,that made me realise that nothing would stop me getting the golden ticket .So pick yourself up dust yourself off and shout out loud ,BRING IT ON

blinkin' reading section, I'm still traumatised by it even if I finally managed to pass it 4 month ago. I took it several times cause I kept getting 7.0 on the reading but 9's on the rest. I think it's unfair the section is marked by a scanner - the IELTS is not to test what words you get right but if you can speak English. I'm sure everyone who scored a 7.0 on the reading understands English. This is beyond ridiculous. I'm so sorry Mapster that you're the latest victim of the reading section!

I emailed the tutor I had who taught me the the techinques for the other sections and he has said there is no point doing more lessons as it is just a bit of luck on the day!!

Still not sure what to do... I SOOooooo want to go to OZ but perhaps we need to look at lookng for a job and getting them to sponsor us?

I did feel so poorly on the day of this last test but that is the 4th time I have hit 7.5 in the reading section.....

I emailed the tutor I had who taught me the the techinques for the other sections and he has said there is no point doing more lessons as it is just a bit of luck on the day!!

Still not sure what to do... I SOOooooo want to go to OZ but perhaps we need to look at lookng for a job and getting them to sponsor us?

I did feel so poorly on the day of this last test but that is the 4th time I have hit 7.5 in the reading section.....

Well, you can always take it again. It's just a matter of time when you'll score all 8's - like everyone else here who had to take it several times including myself. Or have you tried looking at the 475 visa? I find no difference between that visa and the 176, really - except living in a regional area, which may not be that bad if you're able to live in it but commute into the city.

Well, you can always take it again. It's just a matter of time when you'll score all 8's - like everyone else here who had to take it several times including myself. Or have you tried looking at the 475 visa? I find no difference between that visa and the 176, really - except living in a regional area, which may not be that bad if you're able to live in it but commute into the city.

The agent said we are 5 short for the 475 need to get Partners skilled assessed at a cost of $3000 with going through the agent!! And takes 3-4 months....I wanted to get in before the changes happen in July..

The agent said we are 5 short for the 475 need to get Partners skilled assessed at a cost of $3000 with going through the agent!! And takes 3-4 months....I wanted to get in before the changes happen in July..

Oh wow, okay, had no idea! How frustrating that IELTS is.

Archived