IELTS reading any tips?

mapster

Gordon Bennett, it sounds like an absolute nightmare.

I am really hoping that you have done it this time Mapster.

I will be the one shouting from the rooftops if husband has passed. You will be able to hear from me from Spain!!!

You might hear me too!!

Fingers crossed xxx

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You might hear me too!!

Fingers crossed xxx

When i realised i had got the 8s i spent the next 5 mins or so joining hands with my 7 year old,jumping and screaming like i had won the lottery (not that i know what that feels like) Even my 14 year old managed to drag himself from his computer to come an see what all the comotion was about! I was still feeling pretty lousy but this was certainly a pick me up moment, day....

Well ,some of my books have come through the post and i've even bought one called "positive thinking" ,so here goes .From now until feb i'm going to give it my all ,It's time to get rid of the ielts once and for all .I've also got a big cigar waiting for when i pass.

Grrhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listening 8.5 Reading 9 Writing 7 Speaking 9, overall 8.5... I knew I wrote a load of tosh in my writing but I have to be disappointed with that... Don't know what to do now. I think I best stop writing for a while, as I need to calm down...

Grrhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listening 8.5 Reading 9 Writing 7 Speaking 9, overall 8.5... I knew I wrote a load of tosh in my writing but I have to be disappointed with that... Don't know what to do now. I think I best stop writing for a while, as I need to calm down...

Oh dear

But the writting is the easiest to put right. fab scores in the other areas Must be worth another try?

Won't get my results for another week!!

Gutted for you buddy but don't give in. Think about the positives, you only need to score one higher, and you're there. Good Luck

Benj1980

Don't you dare give up, practicem practice, practice... i did on my 4th attempt!

Mapster

How are you feeling?

Another week, don't you get them on Saturday?

Feel fine now Heather. Think I had the flu... Son now got it. Thanks for asking.

Hope I get them Saturday BUT being how unorgansied Acton was thinking they might not get here on Saturday.

You can collect your results from 10-1 and Friday any not collected will be posted after this.

I'm not collecting them as it would be over a 3 hour round trip!!

Fingers crossed I get an 8 in each section... But being I felt like crap on the test day I'm not sure...

But I'm thinking postive.......:biggrin:

[QOTE=peggsgreen;1316411]OMG, I am in the same boat as you, took my ILETS for the 4th time the other week and get my results on saturday!!! I too have failed on my reading every time, i need a 7.0 and i keep getting a 6.5. I totally understand your trauma!!!! fingers crossed for you!

Me too ,driving me crackers

Just checked online to see and the results are out for the 21 Jan already, but it is not showing results for husband yet.

Just checked to see if Valencia have any availability (just in case), but it's closed already, so if we don't past, next one will be in either Madrid or Barcelona on 18 Feb. This is killing me!!!! I just need to feel as though we have accomplished something at the moment.

Good Luck everyone!!!!!!

Well finally passed, what a relief Soooooo happy. Good luck to you all waiting for your results sporty x

Amazing news well done xxxx

:laugh:

I won't get mine until they arrive in the post tried to check them online but saying no results found!!!!

Got ours last night, but did not want to say until we checked them again this morning in case it was a mistake.

Reading 9, Writing 9, Listening 9, Speaking 9 = Overall 9

We cannot sit still!!!!!. Husband cannot believe it. He never thought he would get all 9's. He was so stressed out.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.

Well done ,well chuffed for you

Thanks Ade, I am now in the process of deleting all the Ielts info and will burn the paper based documents later. What a great feeling. I hope you get the results you need :jiggy:Keep us posted Sporty x

Amazing news well done xxxx

:laugh:

I won't get mine until they arrive in the post tried to check them online but saying no results found!!!!

Thanks Mapster, Wishing you the best of luck with your results. I will be keeping an eye on here to see how you go! GOOD LUCK Sporty x

Got ours last night, but did not want to say until we checked them again this morning in case it was a mistake.

We cannot sit still!!!!!. Husband cannot believe it. He never thought he would get all 9's. He was so stressed out.

Well done amazing news.:laugh:

Hope mine are ok can't log into the website saying no results found!!!! TYPICAL

Just hope they arrive tomorrow in the post xxx

Well done, bet your over the moon, great feeling isn't it! :biggrin: Sporty x

Archived