What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all went to Manchester for our medicals today. Dr Million (and team) was as good if not better than others have reported, they even uploaded our kids meds while we were getting ours done. Came home to find our police checks have arrived so they have now been uploaded. :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

Sent off final reference and updated resume to MA now just to sit back and wait for the 'ping' in my inbox to tell me our visa has been granted!! :biggrin: Although not really sitting back as need to finish the house off and take pictures ready to find a tenant to rent out from the beginning of December!

Went to solicitors to get a stat dec signed for employment from 9 years ago and 15 years ago where the employers have not sent a reference. I don't think I need it cos I am not claiming points for this employment but it may be relevant to my training so I thought it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Have just checked the Royal Mail tracker site, and our Form 80's, police certificates and medicals confirmation have arrived at the agent's office! Hopefully they will send them over to our CO electronically and we will hear something soon. Getting so excited now at the thought of hopefully getting over there next year!!!

Today I finished my application! (309/100) It seems like it has taken forever, what with gathering evidence, doing what bits I can (like certifying documents etc) in the little free time I have on my days off. Waiting for the stat decs to come from aus etc etc. But it is done! finally and I am so happy. Im going to post it off on Thursday morning before work and then the wait begins. Exciting stuff!

Archived