What have you done today to get yourself to OZ?

thewebweazel

Guest Guest100417

I know its a bit of an old thread but me and the wife have booked an appointment at sta travel to look for flights for our activation trip at the end of the year. Just enrolled for my last 2 degree top up modules as I'm a psych nurse (think it'll be easier to secure a job without have 'restrictions' put in place) then we're pretty much good to go!!

Oh yeah and look for a tenant for our house probably this time next year.

BOOOOOM, can't wait!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sent all VISA paperwork to our MA for getting our 457, checked and OKd at his end. Just need to provide proof of travel insurance - not sure why? Also rented a storage unit to shuffle the junk from our house into to get it out of the way, so when the shippers come, our house is decluttered.

Handing in my notice at work today and aiming to fly out of the uk in the last week of April. Its all getting very scary now!

I have had a bit of a milestone - my 100 visa was granted in mid-December and I validated it on a trip to Melbourne at New Year. Last week my and the missus booked our flights for the move. We will be doing 4 months traveling in Southeast Asia whilst our stuff is en route.

It is still an age away, but it really feels like progress is being made!

• 4 weeks later...

Well we've moved into the tiniest apartment ever, so we better be moving this year! :) We finally got the IELTS results back and my boyfriend got full marks! So we will be lodging the 189 Visa with 75 points, but first we need to submit the ACS Assessment. We are also trying to choose a pet relocation company right now per our vet's request. All I can say is that there are some shady companies out there that are already trying to nickel and dime us, I HATE THAT! But I think we have found a good one out of Austin, TX...its petrelocation.com for anyone curious even though I know you are all from the UK.

Also wrote a few entries on our blog, hopefully more content to come!

We have booked our flights. We have the 100 Partner Visa and I validated it on a trip in January. We've now booked our one-way flights tpo Bangkok (to spend 4 months travelling through there while our possessions are shipped).

On a related note, these flights will be our first ever in Business Class - and we did that on airmiles! We have had a BA credit card for the last year and have done all our groceries etc on it (and paid that off immediately). Doing that got us the miles to do the flight for free (just paying taxes). Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived