Twas the week before December .... in the UK!

Stovies

Just a wee update almost 9 months down the line .....

The nights are fair drawing in .. :biggrin: .... its almost dark at 4pm. The street lights are sporting light up bells, santas and reindeers... it feels magical already! I will be having a houseful guests (family and friends :biggrin:) on Christmas Day. I am thoroughly enjoying cosying up in the evening, planning the Christmas season, looking at my Delia Christmas book and am excited about taking the children to their first Christmas Panto..... so I will raise my glass of Baileys (half price at Tesco's) and thank the Universe that we are HOME!

All the very best to you all who are planning the big trip back to the UK...... If you want it bad enough... you will make it happen. :yes: and it's worth it.

Brilliant post Stovies! lurve it. We have been back 4 months and have the same excitment. Spending it with family and utterly enjoying the build up to it, warms the cockles of your heart!!

A sense of belonging is a wonderful thing and hard to fully explain until you actually lose it. Since getting off the plane at Heathrow in August, have felt nothing but relief and a thanking of my lucky stars! ha! ha!

Good luck to everyone planning a trip home. :)

Cant wait to see my family, and get home to that lovely Christmas feeling

My Son ,his partner and 2 year old little girl are so excited about us coming home, and we cant wait to have a wonderful Christmas with them next year.

I love Christmas in the UK, I did not realise how much I could miss it all, Wonder if it will snow???

Christmas in the UK is exactly how Christmas should be - along with the cold, dark nights that come early where you really need to wrap up with the scarf, put gloves on a feel the cold air gushing into your lungs when you breath in.

I, on the other hand, will have another 30+ degree day. Doesn't seem like Christmas at all. Since when does a Christmas card have pictures of people at the beach?

The Christmas feeling is certainly building up and, as others have said, this is what Christmas REALLY should be! but I would rather they had waited until December to have Father Christmas doing his stuff.

I never thought I would be having a UK Christmas any time soon so this is a real bonus! Will miss the grandkids of course (it was our year to have them with us) but they will be fine without us

i am soooo happy to be going home for christmas .....albeit only for a holiday ...but cant wait to get that christmassy feelin and share it with my family ....this has got to be the hardest time to bein oz me thinks .....just aint the same .....so bring on the snow....proper christmas dinner .... the dobbies advert etc ......i cant wait :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

mrs keily

This will be the first Christmas in three years that my oh doesn't have to get on a plane at New Year to go back to Aus, leaving us behind and not seeing us again for five months.

It'll be lovely not to have it overshadowed by that horrible feeling in the the pit of my stomach dreading him leaving us again.

Excellent post Stovies. Next Friday we will have been back in Canada for a year !!.

I am so so so excited about Christmas this year. Our first one in our house !!... lights are up on the outside of the house, have a small tree upstairs, and brought a new 6 1/2 foot tree for the basement !!.... gone over board with chrissy pressies this year (think I am making up for the past 3 crappy xmas's !). Christmas songs are already playing on the radio stations here, all the cities and towns have their decorations up, which look great as it gets dark before 5 pm here too.

There is nothing more magical than a northern hemisphere christmas. Heat and Xmas just don't seem right !!. Looking forward to cooking a huge turkey and stuffing, and having brussel sprouts and the works with it then having an after lunch nap !.

The twins are so excited this year for christmas, they want to have an open house and invite a whole bunch of family and friends over !!.

So to all of us who are going to have a first real christmas again this year, best wishes to you all and may Santa be nice to you all !!

Cheers

Karen

We were hoping to have our house sold by now and be on our way back home , "Escape from Prison Island" :wink:, but looks like another stinker in Brisbane for Christmas.

Even after 20+ years here , a hot Christmas ,it just doesn't feel right ! Missing the rugged up feeling and the smells ( not Sun Tan Lotion :wacko: ).

definitely next year !!!!!:notworthy:

R and L

Just a wee update almost 9 months down the line .....

The nights are fair drawing in .. :biggrin: .... its almost dark at 4pm. The street lights are sporting light up bells, santas and reindeers... it feels magical already! I will be having a houseful guests (family and friends :biggrin:) on Christmas Day. I am thoroughly enjoying cosying up in the evening, planning the Christmas season, looking at my Delia Christmas book and am excited about taking the children to their first Christmas Panto..... so I will raise my glass of Baileys (half price at Tesco's) and thank the Universe that we are HOME!

All the very best to you all who are planning the big trip back to the UK...... If you want it bad enough... you will make it happen. :yes: and it's worth it.

Not a big fan of winter myself .......i tick all the boxes for one of those SAD sufferers:biggrin:

But i can put up with a bit of cold and dark to spend Christmas in the UK ,rather than Oz .

We have had the years of stress .....travelling to different family members ....then last year them coming to us ......

This year i have it sussed ......4 course dinner at the local .....no mess or washing up ....back to the house for pommie xmas tele .....and a bit of laurel and hardy if i can manage it .

My mom who is in her 80s will be with us .......not many more of these .....sadly

Archived