176's lodged October 2011

helene73

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vickchick70
It certainly is! The only thing to top it will be getting the grant!

Out of interest when you got the email saying you had been assigned a co did you have an attachment that was a "response to a request for an extension to provide documents " ? I didn't request this but wondered if it comes automatically to tell you that you have 28 days to get medicals and police checks. Any ideas ??

It certainly is! The only thing to top it will be getting the grant!

Brilliant! Glad you've got the to next stage, congratulations! :biggrin:

Police checks take a while by the way - so far 9 days here (but got an e-mail they have recieved my request last night)

Out of interest when you got the email saying you had been assigned a co did you have an attachment that was a "response to a request for an extension to provide documents " ? I didn't request this but wondered if it comes automatically to tell you that you have 28 days to get medicals and police checks. Any ideas ??

It is stated in your email that you have 28 days to provide the Medicals and PCC. One of my Police Checks had not come back the day before our 28 days, we uploaded the post office receipt, and bank draft remmitance on to our documents.

As long as you show that you have requested the PCC or booked medicals - your 28 days can be extended until you get them back.

Guest FerrisBueller
Oh dear, am I supposed to do the Police checks and medicals now? We don't have a CO yet.

My 176 application went in the same day as yours, also don't have a case officer. Not sure whether to sort the medicals and police checks yet. Advice people!

My 176 application went in the same day as yours, also don't have a case officer. Not sure whether to sort the medicals and police checks yet. Advice people!

I too have no CO yet but am not waiting for meds and police checks....visas are hopefully going that fast at the moment that I don't think the year expiry will matter, so for us it will hopefully mean having the docs ready straight away when we get a CO, then hopefully we will get the visa quicker. The health forms are there online as soon as you apply so nothing stopping you :) we had our meds yesterday and police checks have been received so just waiting now for a CO

x

Guest RobynT84

Hiya,

No, didn't have this attachment. The documents we did get stated that we had 70 days to provide medicals and police checks though.

Guest RobynT84

I was really keen to do the meds and police checks before getting a CO but my agent told me to wait, just in case. I wish I'd gone and done it anyway though as it feels like a hold up when everything else is going so quickly!

You have to judge it on your own circumstances though as it's always a risk to pay out the money (particularly for meds) if you end up having to do them again later on down the line.

Hope this helps xx

Guest RobynT84
Brilliant! Glad you've got the to next stage, congratulations! :biggrin:

Police checks take a while by the way - so far 9 days here (but got an e-mail they have recieved my request last night)

Thanks! It's great to come on here and have people ton share the excitement with - I think my friends/family/colleagues are just about fed up of heraing about it!

Good to know about the police checks to, we've gone for the standard service so expecting a couple of weeks wait.

Good to hear everyone is progressing nicely. Our UK Police checks took a week to come back

Unfortunately we're still waiting for a CO with no sign our application has been moved to 'further processing'. We've got everything uploaded now so starting to think it's personal :mad:

Thanks! It's great to come on here and have people ton share the excitement with - I think my friends/family/colleagues are just about fed up of heraing about it!

Good to know about the police checks to, we've gone for the standard service so expecting a couple of weeks wait.

Congrats on getting a CO. Truly an aqeful feeling as you also know all the docs are fine and they PCC and medical should only be a formality.

We applied for our UK PCC by post from Singapore. We were surprised that we didn't get an acknowledgement email for over two weeks but when we did they said something along the lines of thank you for your request which we received 4 days ago. We will now start processing them within the ten day timeframe...

So I wonder what the ten day service level standard is if they sit on it for almost a week beforehand... :goofy:

Hiya,

No, didn't have this attachment. The documents we did get stated that we had 70 days to provide medicals and police checks though.

Wonder why you got 70 days when I only got 28???

Will have to e-mail my CO at some point with my update if both are still outstanding within the timeframe!

No sign of Police check yet (sent on standard application) - my e-mail just says received 25/10 and 'It will now be dealt with in accordance with the published guidelines.' whatever that may mean!

Good to hear everyone is progressing nicely. Our UK Police checks took a week to come back

Unfortunately we're still waiting for a CO with no sign our application has been moved to 'further processing'. We've got everything uploaded now so starting to think it's personal :mad:

We are in the same boat, still waiting for CO :-(, we applied 5th October. Hopefully it won't be much longer......

Guest RobynT84
Wonder why you got 70 days when I only got 28???

Will have to e-mail my CO at some point with my update if both are still outstanding within the timeframe!

No sign of Police check yet (sent on standard application) - my e-mail just says received 25/10 and 'It will now be dealt with in accordance with the published guidelines.' whatever that may mean!

I have no idea; it's quite strange! I was expecting 28 days as that's what everyone keeps mentioning so I was really surprised to see that we get 70 days - not complaining though.

Guest ausie wannabee

Just a quick update from myself.

We applied 17th November and had no contact from CO (despite DIAC website uopdate indicating CO allocation 1 October already) till this morning requesting Medicals and Police clearances.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

So it was a case of no news = good news.

All going good so far.

Hello Everyone

I have just lodged my 176 (ACT sponsored) application on 29/10/2011. :yellow_guy_smiling_

Police check done earlier. All documents not yet uploaded by agent. Medicals done on 31/10/2011. For my two minor children the status shows: "Further medical results referred". Can anyone tell me what does it mean?

Thanks...........

Guest ausie wannabee
Just a quick update from myself.

We applied 17th November and had no contact from CO (despite DIAC website uopdate indicating CO allocation 1 October already) till this morning requesting Medicals and Police clearances.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/estimated-allocation-times.htm

So it was a case of no news = good news.

All going good so far.

Apologies, the application date should read: 17 September , not November!

Guest RobynT84

Hi All,

Does anyone know how long it takes from having your medical done, to them uploading the info to DIAC (assuming all's well and there's no complications)? I know this probably varies depending on where you have you meds done but any indication would be useful.

Thanks,

Robyn xx

Hi All,

Does anyone know how long it takes from having your medical done, to them uploading the info to DIAC (assuming all's well and there's no complications)? I know this probably varies depending on where you have you meds done but any indication would be useful.

Thanks,

Robyn xx

Hiya Robyn

We we had ours done on Monday and they were uploaded that day by the medical centre and then they said they say a week for the bloods and x ray results to be uploaded after that...but she did say realistically they have them 2/3 days later, that 7 days is just a guideline I guess in case they have a lot on. Julie x

Guest RobynT84
Hiya Robyn

We we had ours done on Monday and they were uploaded that day by the medical centre and then they said they say a week for the bloods and x ray results to be uploaded after that...but she did say realistically they have them 2/3 days later, that 7 days is just a guideline I guess in case they have a lot on. Julie x

Hiya, thanks for getting back to me. I was expecting an NHS-style 6-8 week wait so that's very good news! We have our Meds booked for monday and got our PCC docs in the post today so I guess we're looking at having both back a week on Monday or there abouts.

Archived