176's lodged October 2011

helene73

Guest FerrisBueller

Yeah it's a difficult one. If you have a job on the list it's easier, but we went off list through an agent. He arranged for us to meet with the WA migration people before we applied and so would never have got this far without him.

Our application went in for 176s just now so it's the waiting game.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi guys whats the first sign that you have a CO? Is it that the document checklist page starts having met displayed rather than required? I have front loaded pretty much everything I can think of so I might not get an email immediately. Just wondering how I will know. :huh:

When you see met in the document check list then someone is working on it. You will also receive an email from your CO. In our case we received the email from the CO first before we realized that all the docs went to the met status. I think they look at it first as they will send you instructions in the first email to either send more docs or to send medicals and PCC. In our case unfortunaley they wanted more docs

Guest vickchick70

Does everyone get asked to submit proof of employment status over 12 months?? I have not had a CO assigned yet (Applied online 29th Sept) so was thinking I would upload as much as possible in advance. Have also just booked medicals for 11th November and am going to post off for police checks too.

So frustrated with this when I am seeing people who applied after me who have already been assigned a CO !!! Maybe tomorrow ......!!

Guest RobynT84
Does everyone get asked to submit proof of employment status over 12 months?? I have not had a CO assigned yet (Applied online 29th Sept) so was thinking I would upload as much as possible in advance. Have also just booked medicals for 11th November and am going to post off for police checks too.

So frustrated with this when I am seeing people who applied after me who have already been assigned a CO !!! Maybe tomorrow ......!!

Hi Vickchick,

Have you been in touch with the DIAC? They've said that everyone who submitted before 30th September has been assigned a CO so it can't hurt to chase it up if you submitted on 29th. Also, front loading your docs is always going to help things along so again, this can't hurt either.

Guest vickchick70
Hi Vickchick,

Have you been in touch with the DIAC? They've said that everyone who submitted before 30th September has been assigned a CO so it can't hurt to chase it up if you submitted on 29th. Also, front loading your docs is always going to help things along so again, this can't hurt either.

Yes I phoned them and they said I would be assigned a case officer in 1 - 2 weeks. I kept insisting on what their website had told me though !!

hi lpkm, if u have a case officer it normally says processing further well thats what mine said and it also said a email has been sent to you, my docs are still saying required they have ask for extra docs via agent , bit slow using a agent really but i suppose they are there if u come across the stumbling block lol , dont think they would of asked if me hubby wud of asked his employer for a ref where he works now , he wudnt ask in case they took the hump with him so i think thats y weve been asked for the last twelve months as evidence hes been working in a mechanical engineering role he uploaded contract of employment 12 months payslips and bankstatements if push come to shove he wud ask current employer for a ref so we will c wat cums back x

Guest RobynT84
Yes I phoned them and they said I would be assigned a case officer in 1 - 2 weeks. I kept insisting on what their website had told me though !!

I guess all you can do is sit tight then. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

That's the way to go I reckon. Keep in mind you want something from them, not vice versa. We provided them with three reference letters, P60s, and in Singapore with every monthly payslip. It was loads of work. We also provided forms 80 and 1221 upfront. The result was that the only thing they requested were police checks and medical.

They asked for one additional police check but since I had provided form 80 already I could just refer them to this form to point out I hadn't lived in Oz a full year previously and they responded within 5 mins saying we didn't need to provide it any more.

Moral of the story - make sure you give them plenty of everything and they will wave you through :wink:

It's really exciting to see everyone's applications moving so quickly! We're a bit behind in the process as we are still waiting for the skills assessment to be processed but we're trying to get organised so the minute it comes back we can apply for WA SS then straight onto the visa application form.

Is there a check list on the DIAC website somewhere with all the documents you need to provide? I found the one on the link below but it doesn't state what you need to supply for proof of employment and it doesn't mention the 1221 form you mention above?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/176_checklist.pdf

It also states that you need passport photos - can you just scan them or do they need to be sent in? I have made a list of my own, could someone confirm I have covered everything -

Birth certificates

IELTS

Skills Assessment

State sponsorship - does WA send something directly to DIAC?

Police checks

Medicals

Degree certificates and transcripts

Copies of passports

Marriage certificate

Form 80 - we've been on several holidays to Europe over the past 10 years but don't have a clue about the dates and obviously there are no stamps in our passports - does the accuracy of dates matter?

Employment proof - p60, 12 months payslips and 2 employer reference letters

Passport photos - not sure if needed for online application form?

Form 1221 - as per litlegreenman's post above

Sorry this is a very long post but we are desperate to get to Australia as quickly as possible and don't want to do anything to delay the process.

:biggrin:

hi lpkm, if u have a case officer it normally says processing further well thats what mine said and it also said a email has been sent to you, my docs are still saying required they have ask for extra docs via agent , bit slow using a agent really but i suppose they are there if u come across the stumbling block lol , dont think they would of asked if me hubby wud of asked his employer for a ref where he works now , he wudnt ask in case they took the hump with him so i think thats y weve been asked for the last twelve months as evidence hes been working in a mechanical engineering role he uploaded contract of employment 12 months payslips and bankstatements if push come to shove he wud ask current employer for a ref so we will c wat cums back x

Thanks Bingo :biggrin:

Is it sad I now know my TRN and passport number off by heart due to checking every day lol! :laugh:

It's really exciting to see everyone's applications moving so quickly! We're a bit behind in the process as we are still waiting for the skills assessment to be processed but we're trying to get organised so the minute it comes back we can apply for WA SS then straight onto the visa application form.

Is there a check list on the DIAC website somewhere with all the documents you need to provide? I found the one on the link below but it doesn't state what you need to supply for proof of employment and it doesn't mention the 1221 form you mention above?

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/176_checklist.pdf

It also states that you need passport photos - can you just scan them or do they need to be sent in? I have made a list of my own, could someone confirm I have covered everything -

Birth certificates

IELTS

Skills Assessment

State sponsorship - does WA send something directly to DIAC?

Police checks

Medicals

Degree certificates and transcripts

Copies of passports

Marriage certificate

Form 80 - we've been on several holidays to Europe over the past 10 years but don't have a clue about the dates and obviously there are no stamps in our passports - does the accuracy of dates matter?

Employment proof - p60, 12 months payslips and 2 employer reference letters

Passport photos - not sure if needed for online application form?

Form 1221 - as per litlegreenman's post above

Sorry this is a very long post but we are desperate to get to Australia as quickly as possible and don't want to do anything to delay the process.

:biggrin:

This checklist is for the paper application, when you lodge your application online you get a more personalised checklist for each person. (ours are in my photo bit)

Birth certificates - Yes

IELTS - YEs

Skills Assessment - Yes

State sponsorship - does WA send something directly to DIAC? When approved for SS, you get an agreement form which you sign and email back to WA with your TRN, WA then forward form 1100 to DIAC confirming your SS.

Police checks - Once requested by CO, Apply to ACRO if in UK, COst £35, normal service took just over a week, you also need someone to certify passport photo of yourself that has known you for 2 years in certian occupations.

Medicals - Once requested from CO

Degree certificates and transcripts - Yes

Copies of passports - Yes

Marriage certificate - Yes

Form 80 - CO sometimes requests this - we didnt get requested for Form 80, many dont.

Employment proof - p60, 12 months payslips and 2 employer reference letters - yes some people get asked to provide more by CO, we didnt.

Passport photos - It was on our checklist so we provided them, I did them ourself from digital camera, and used idphoto4you.com, to get them to the right size, then downloaded them, also printed them, (individual 1 for IMMI, and page of 8 for ACRO, printed in costco for 20p per photo). I read that some people didnt provide passport photos as photo on id page of passport enough?

Form 1221 - We didnt get requested for form 1221

Also as long as you colour scan your documents there is no need to get them certified.

Thanks lebourvellec that's really helpful. I think I'll get all of the above ready so it's good to go whenever we're asked for it. Hopefully we won't get asked for form 80 either as I'm a wee bit worried about the dates. I'll make sure we have passport photos printed off in case, that's great value in Costco! Much better than the £5 machines in Boots etc.

Now it's just waiting for EA to get back to us. We've been told that they'll prioritise our application as its the 2nd one and someone else on this forum said that they go an answer back for their 2nd application in 2 weeks so fingers crossed.

I hope you get your visa granted soon, from looking at your signature it looks like it'll be any day now!

Thanks Bingo :biggrin:

Is it sad I now know my TRN and passport number off by heart due to checking every day lol! :laugh:

Not sad at all, I was doing exactly the same thing.....Our meds were finalised on 18/10/11 and we were granted visa yesterday.....whoo hoo.!!!!:biggrin:

Not sad at all, I was doing exactly the same thing.....Our meds were finalised on 18/10/11 and we were granted visa yesterday.....whoo hoo.!!!!:biggrin:

Congrats!!!!! When did you start your process?

hi all, for those who havent used a agent , do you get a email when it tells u go for meds or does it just tell u in the message part on the status check page , im a bit confused with my agent she said when i got a case officer the co requested further docs which i uploaded to my agent and sent and she said go and get ya meds done i was booked for meds the other day but had to cancel till the 15th nov cus of me lad being poorly, ive spoke to my agent today and she said she hasnt heard back from AHC about me docs what were sent but asked me if id booked meds due to the message wat it says on the status page under meds it says applicant/dependants required to go and get medicals done if havent already done so for the purpose of this application so my agent is saying she thinks it means go and get meds done so that must mean to me that docs r ok or they wudnt of put applicant required to go and do medicals if havent already done so , not very happy at the fact the agent says she thinks it means this wat i was wondering is it just a standard message or r they requesting them? the agent has had no email about it she is just telling me wat it says in the message box which i already new cus i checked meself and i thought it was standard and i had to wait for agent get a email .

Guest reachaus

Hello there,

I am ICT professional and got +ve ACS assessment of "Developer Programmer" and scored 7.5 in IELTS.

Now am in a dilemma whether to go for the NSW SS (176) or go with the 175 visa processing. I have the minimum points 65 to apply for the 175 visa. However when looking at the time it takes for priority 4 processing i am thinking of giving it a try for NSW SS.

Any one have tried for the NSW SS for "261312 - Developer Programmer" and particularly in Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing technology?

hi reachaus , we could of applied for 175 visa hubby scored 75 points but we decided go for 176ss wa because they are getting the visas a lot quicker and you never know if the change the list while your visas in progress my hubby is a chartered mechanical engineer cengmimeche here in uk xx although i dont think engineers will come off the list because they are sought after here in uk and in australia he heard it on the radio all the time in 2008 on the way work wish we wud of done it then lol x

hi all, for those who havent used a agent , do you get a email when it tells u go for meds or does it just tell u in the message part on the status check page , im a bit confused with my agent she said when i got a case officer the co requested further docs which i uploaded to my agent and sent and she said go and get ya meds done i was booked for meds the other day but had to cancel till the 15th nov cus of me lad being poorly, ive spoke to my agent today and she said she hasnt heard back from AHC about me docs what were sent but asked me if id booked meds due to the message wat it says on the status page under meds it says applicant/dependants required to go and get medicals done if havent already done so for the purpose of this application so my agent is saying she thinks it means go and get meds done so that must mean to me that docs r ok or they wudnt of put applicant required to go and do medicals if havent already done so , not very happy at the fact the agent says she thinks it means this wat i was wondering is it just a standard message or r they requesting them? the agent has had no email about it she is just telling me wat it says in the message box which i already new cus i checked meself and i thought it was standard and i had to wait for agent get a email .

When we got CO, there waqs an attachement pdf -

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION - DETAILED INFORMATION - askes for health assessments and Police Certificates, we werent asked for any additional info.

Im sure the message on the status page stated required just after lodging application, and is standard message.

Im sure they specifically request for medicals, have your docs all been turned to met??

Archived