176's lodged October 2011

helene73

JamieVixMole, can I ask you how many days took it to the medicals to be finalised?

we finished our medicals today!!

:radar:

After the CO has been assigned, how much will it take to have the final response?

:spinny:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all , i can confirm i have been allocated a case officer i was allocated one on the 18th but my agent responded today, i have been asked for my hubbys payslips 12 months worth and p60 for the year ive lso been advised by my agent to get meds done already done pcc meds 27th next friday my husband will send 12 months of payslips at weekend and his p60 ive also been asked to provide proof that my 18 year old son is dependent on us which he very much is hes in full time education sent off for a enrolement letter from his college today uploaded his exams in engineering he has already passed also , uploaded 47a does anybody know what else i can do to prove because he gets all his money off me and his dad lol x

Guest NeilanGemz

Hi all, we got assigned a CO last night!!!

Have booked Meds for next thursday and hopefully we'll have our police checks back by then too. It really is moving fast at the moment, I put my app in on the 29th of sept not the 28th as I originally thought.

Exciting times lie ahead :wink:

Guest vickchick70
Hi all, we got assigned a CO last night!!!

Have booked Meds for next thursday and hopefully we'll have our police checks back by then too. It really is moving fast at the moment, I put my app in on the 29th of sept not the 28th as I originally thought.

Exciting times lie ahead :wink:

Hi NeilanGemz

Had you actually uploaded all your docs by 29th ? I applied online the same day as you but have been putting docs up until 2 days ago. Do you know if they wait for thema ll to be uploaded or do you think I may get a co soon too ??

Also do you know when WA notified your state sponsorship to DIAC ?

Guest Oliveero

Hi All,

We're in this race too! Medicals finalised and now just waiting. This seems to be the worst part of the process, knowing that there is nothing more to be done. I'm now checking the status website hourly....

Good luck all round. :)

Mr jamland, I had your same doubt, expecially for birth certificates, assessment results and ielts..

When I prepared the documentation I used different headings, but whilst uploading I changed my mind... Let's wait and see..

Welcome to the october gang! :biggrin:

We went for our medicals today and I am happy to report that they are done and dusted. Got to love Singaporean efficiency and the price of GBP 55 per person.

Applied for our UK and German police clearances Saturday the 15th but not email from the UK confirming receipt and nothing from Germany yet. We can't apply for the Singapore PCC yet since they don't issue PCCs for non-Singaporeans without written request from DIAC. So for now stuck.

We are heading to Malaysia on the 31st of the month for a two week holiday on a remote island without mobile coverage, I seriously hope we get a CO before then!

DIAC seems to have slowed down massively over the last week. They are actually falling behind it seems. Excited to see what the update will show Monday/middle of mext week/whenever they remember to update.

Littlegreenman the German police certificate is really quick. I applied fir mine from Canada and I received this week after only 3 weeks. I am waiting for the Australian police clearance at the moment that I mailed on the same day than the German request. Tomorrow we will apply for the Canadian clearance.

I'm not sure they have slowed down, based on the posts here for the September gang I had next week in mind as when we'd get our CO allocation, they seem to be up to end of September now so on track.

For the last DIAC update everyone up to the 20th of Sept had been allocated a CO. This Friday (2 weeks later) there are still ssme people who applied on the 29th of Oct and don't have a CO yet. This means they did less than ten days work during the last fortnight. :frown:

Littlegreenman the German police certificate is really quick. I applied fir mine from Canada and I received this week after only 3 weeks. I am waiting for the Australian police clearance at the moment that I mailed on the same day than the German request. Tomorrow we will apply for the Canadian clearance.

Thanks! Did the Germans send the certificate via registered mail?

Hi :)

Medicals are all done now! Just got to upload form 80 and some payslips and then its waiting time! :jiggy: Rather Excited!

Then I have to do the personal import scheme paperwork grr!

Hi littlegreenman,

We applied 26/9/11 for WA SS 176 and haven't been allocated a CO yet so even less than 10 days of applications over the last fortnight. I know some who submitted after us have been allocated a CO so maybe it's not quite as slow as that seems!

Bex

Thanks! Did the Germans send the certificate via registered mail?

@ Littlegreenman. They shipped it from Germany with normal mail. Unfortunatley no registered mail.

Guest Robbie7

Hi Im almost ready to submit my application for a 176 WA SS . On immi.gov.au the price is $7070 . Im thinking of using an agent . What is the average extra cost for an agent or do must ppl do it themselves .

Thanks

Hi Im almost ready to submit my application for a 176 WA SS . On immi.gov.au the price is $7070 . Im thinking of using an agent . What is the average extra cost for an agent or do must ppl do it themselves .

Thanks

HI Robbie 7, The cost for the visa it only $ 2960. If you do have family that joins you they (everyone over 18) have to sit an IELTS and if they pass the test with 4 or more poins then you don't have to pay the second installment.

I got one quote for $50000. I did it myself at the end. If you follow all the instructions and follow out the forms as required then you don't need an agent. The forum answered in my case all the other questions that I had. :wink:

If you do have family that joins you they (everyone over 18) have to sit an IELTS and if they pass the test with 4 or more poins then you don't have to pay the second installment.

This is not correct!!

There are other ways for secondary applicants to show functional english without sitting an IETLS test.

You meet the English language threshold of competent if you hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, one of the following countries:

• United Kingdom (UK)

• Canada

• New Zealand

• United States of America (USA)

• Republic of Ireland.

OR

You must provide one of the following:

• your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.

Important: If you are using an IELTS test to show functional English, it must be from a test sat no more than 12 months before making your application.

• evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English

• evidence that you have completed at least one year of full time study in Australia towards a degree or diploma qualification with all instruction conducted in English

• evidence that you have completed one of the following at an educational institution where all instruction was conducted in English:

• your primary education and at least three years of secondary education, or

• at least five years of secondary education.

This is not correct!!

There are other ways for secondary applicants to show functional english without sitting an IETLS test.

You meet the English language threshold of competent if you hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, one of the following countries:

• United Kingdom (UK)

• Canada

• New Zealand

• United States of America (USA)

• Republic of Ireland.

OR

You must provide one of the following:

• your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.

Important: If you are using an IELTS test to show functional English, it must be from a test sat no more than 12 months before making your application.

• evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English

• evidence that you have completed at least one year of full time study in Australia towards a degree or diploma qualification with all instruction conducted in English

• evidence that you have completed one of the following at an educational institution where all instruction was conducted in English:

• your primary education and at least three years of secondary education, or

• at least five years of secondary education.

Thanks I wasn't aware about this as I don't have a passport from one of the 5 countries mentioned above. I am a German citizen just living in Canada