176's lodged October 2011

helene73

Hi All,

Great to read that some of you got your visa's yesterday. Congratulations to everybody!!!!!:biggrin:

Myself, Missus and 2 children have done everything (going over as a General Electrician on a 176 visa(hopefully!)), all our paperwork,meds and police checks have been met, and we are just waiting. The date my med was finalised was 2/11 due to a slight hip problem which needed more info.

Now its just a matter of waiting and checking the DIAC page every day! Its very hard to contain the excitement but I CAN'T WAIT:wink::arghh:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rose1983

Case officer allocated today!!!!! :hug:

Many thanks be to God...

Has reqested for PCC and medicals.

One of the big days of my life..... Am so excited....

Any progress for anyone else over the forum??

ACS(11-Apr-2011); IELTS - 7.0(22-Jan-2011); e175 Applied(19Jun-2011); NSW SS Received(7-Oct-2011); 176 Paper Applied(18-Oct-2011); CO Allocated (09-Nov-2011); PCC Submitted(9-Nov-2011); Meds booked for 11-Nov-2011;

Warm regards,

Rose

Daft question - but how do you know when you have a case officer?

It's not a daft question at all, I was confused as online all my documents had changed to met and meds and police checks showing required!

My agent says yes we have a case officer we are just waiting for a formal notification on who and which team they are, I have booked meds and I am about to send off police checks :)

Hello Everyone,

I lodged by 176 this morning for Vic. I just wanted to make sure of something. If you use color scans of your documents for upload, is it true they do not need to be noterized? I can just scan and upload? Thank you.

Kind Regards,

P.

Sorry, yet another question. Unsubmitted visa applications get deleted after 30 days, but once you have submitted and paid the first fee, how long do you get to upload all your initial documents (so not counting meds etc.)? Is there a time limit there?

Regards,

P.

Guest diadeline
Sorry, yet another question. Unsubmitted visa applications get deleted after 30 days, but once you have submitted and paid the first fee, how long do you get to upload all your initial documents (so not counting meds etc.)? Is there a time limit there?

Regards,

P.

Hi, from my knowledge the applicant has 28 days to upload all the documents from the checklist. From my personal experience, I was able to upload even after the initial 28 days expired.

Good luck with your application :wink:

Guest FerrisBueller
It's not a daft question at all, I was confused as online all my documents had changed to met and meds and police checks showing required!

My agent says yes we have a case officer we are just waiting for a formal notification on who and which team they are, I have booked meds and I am about to send off police checks :)

Cool.we've got our meds on Monday and police checks gonna get off soon!

Exciting stuff!

Got our CO today :biggrin: Nothing showning as met yet though :unsure:

Still got someway to go to visa issue as he's after payslips and P60s which is relatively simple. Unfortunately he's also after Form 80's for both of us which is tricky as both of us travel a lot - I've made over a 1000 visits abroad in the past 10 years and my partner is not far off with countless visits to Australia as well. While I can provide a list of where I've been with dates there is no way we can do the same for my partner. He is also after further evidence of co-habitation for our de-facto status, we submitted stat decs and a joint statement with some evidence such as driver's licences, bank statements and a voter registration form but we have nothing in both our names, I pay all the bills and where Vix needs to buy something she does it on a credit card issued on one of my accounts - not sure how we are going to satisfy this... :eek:

Off to the loft to find my passport issued when I was 5 for the Form 80 :wacko:

Still got someway to go to visa issue as he's after payslips and P60s which is relatively simple. Unfortunately he's also after Form 80's for both of us which is tricky as both of us travel a lot - I've made over a 1000 visits abroad in the past 10 years and my partner is not far off with countless visits to Australia as well. While I can provide a list of where I've been with dates there is no way we can do the same for my partner. He is also after further evidence of co-habitation for our de-facto status, we submitted stat decs and a joint statement with some evidence such as driver's licences, bank statements and a voter registration form but we have nothing in both our names, I pay all the bills and where Vix needs to buy something she does it on a credit card issued on one of my accounts - not sure how we are going to satisfy this... :eek:

Could you not get friends to write a letter saying how long they have know you as a couple, how you meet etc and back it up with photos??

I have heard of this being done. Mind we would be screwed if we weren't married we are the same as you bills in separate names and in 20 years together apart from the wedding pics I believe there's only a couple of occasions we have been photographed together lol

Good luck with all the form filling and just stay focused, you will be in oz before you know it :)

Guest RobynT84

Hiya,

Just wanted to say good luck to you! I honestly do feel for you.

Me and the hubby only got married a year ago and if it wasn't for that one little piece of paper called a marriage license we'd be having an absolute nightmare right now trying to get all the proofs together (and I wouldn't even know where to start in finding my first passport!!).

Hope you get everything you need and keep us posted - It'll all be more than worth it when you get that grant!

Could you not get friends to write a letter saying how long they have know you as a couple, how you meet etc and back it up with photos??
We had already uploaded five Form 888s from friends an relatives, two done by Australian citizens! The joint statement we submitted included docs to show we reside at the same address, photos and evidence of holidays - boarding cards, passport stamps etc - made filling in the Form 80 for the last three years travel easy :wink:. Think that and our 11 week old daughter have convinced them we're a couple, we just need to prove we co-habit, last time I had bills in joint names was when I was flat sharing at University :rolleyes:

On a brighter note I now know where all the wasps were coming from this summer :err:

We had already uploaded five Form 888s from friends an relatives, two done by Australian citizens! The joint statement we submitted included docs to show we reside at the same address, photos and evidence of holidays - boarding cards, passport stamps etc - made filling in the Form 80 for the last three years travel easy :wink:. Think that and our 11 week old daughter have convinced them we're a couple, we just need to prove we co-habit, last time I had bills in joint names was when I was flat sharing at University :rolleyes:

On a brighter note I now know where all the wasps were coming from this summer :err:

What a nightmare for you :(

Well today my husband was working round at my accountant when the Australian high commission rang to do some checks, SPOOKY lol

Guest Rose1983

Hi diadeline,

May I know why your grant was denied?

And very sorry for that.. Thats the worst thing that can happen to anyone.. I understand the pain after all the hard efforts and long wait..

Regards,

Rose

Frontloading is sending your police checks, medicals and all other docs before you are assigned a CO. :wink:

Dear Chardy

Thanks for the information. I already did the same but didn't know the term!

It is great that your visa is granted & it is generous of you that you continue helping others.....

Cheers..:hug:

Guest vickchick70

Just had our medicals today - not as bad as I thought they were going to be and we had a fab doctor - made you feel very relaxed !! My blood pressure was sky high but came down to a good level - think it was all the nerves !!

Just waiting for police checks after that - sent them a week ago so should hear next week I hope !!

So excited now and getting so close !!

Guest RobynT84

Hi All,

My meds were finalised yesterday but my husbands (main applicant) have been referred for further processing. I spoke to the doctors office who confirmed there was no issue with his test results but I'm still a little worried. He is taking some prescribed medication but nothing major/serious. Has anyone had a similar experience? and, what was the outcome? Any ideas how long it will take before we hear more?

Hi All,

My meds were finalised yesterday but my husbands (main applicant) have been referred for further processing. I spoke to the doctors office who confirmed there was no issue with his test results but I'm still a little worried. He is taking some prescribed medication but nothing major/serious. Has anyone had a similar experience? and, what was the outcome? Any ideas how long it will take before we hear more?

Hi I wudnt worry too much about referral , they probably come back in a few days lots of people get reffered even if ya bmi is 31 u get reffered according to the forums but lots of people with high bmi get the grant still they just getting second opinion that's all unless its major what's going cost there health care system in the first couple of years u will b fine I go for mine tues but I'm expecting mine get reffered for a few days and me lads I'm on no meds but have a kidney stone and me lads insulin dependant but I'm not worried anymore cus another ladys daughter on here got the grant the other day so she put my mind at rest u will b fine by the end of next week I bet u get your grant unless they ask for more docs or tests this has been known even after meds so nothing more u can do just wait for sum news it will b fine xx

Hi All,

Hi Robyn

No worries! In my case for all applicants (except my eldest daughter) at first it showed referred and then after 3 days it showed finalized. For my eldest daughter it showed received & directly finalized. May be they have panel of doctors with DIAC where the med are referred & then finalized, seems routine..........Cheers..........:smile:

Guest RobynT84

Hi Bingo and Nazmul,

Thanks for the replies and reassurance. I guess I'm just worrying about nothing. It seemed odd that mine have been finalised and his haven't but I am sure you're both right.

I hope your applications are progressing well?

Just had our medicals today - not as bad as I thought they were going to be and we had a fab doctor - made you feel very relaxed !! My blood pressure was sky high but came down to a good level - think it was all the nerves !!

Just waiting for police checks after that - sent them a week ago so should hear next week I hope !!

So excited now and getting so close !!

Had the medical today also - agree with ya vickchick not as bad as I thought. It would be continually spooky if you also went to the Bridge Clinic, Maidenhead - maybe you were the couple I saw around 12 noon?? Had a great lady who did the chest x ray - brought me round to have a look afterwards and showed me where all my organs are - luckily they are all in the right place! My blood pressure was also sky high initially, came down by the second attempt - laying on my back in my undies with my eyes closed! Loaded the PCC this evening and e-mailed the CO just in case, now just gotta wait - it's so near now :biggrin: