Do any mobile networks provide free texts/calls within network?

NowPerth

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Beth101

Have a look at the Vodafone site. (vodafone.com.au) I am on a vodafone prepaid tariff (which is what they call PAYG in OZ). With every top up you get free minutes talk time and text on top of your top-up credit. The number of free minutes/texts increases with the amount you recharge (top-up). The biggest difference I would say from the UK is that most prepaid tariffs expire after 30 days, a couple after 60 days, however if you recharge again during that time your free minutes and texts roll over to the next month. They have a selection of text and talk and text/data/talk tariffs.

Hope this helps :biggrin:

Guest littlesarah

Virgin do free calls & texts to other Virgin customers on their PAYG plans (and on their postpaid plans). They piggyback off Optus, so coverage is same as for them. Hubby & I are both with Virgin, and are happy with them (we were them in UK too, and were pleased with service we received).

Guest GeorgeD

Vodaphone do unlimited free texts to any mobile in Oz on their PAYG $30 recharge. You can also use Skype (you need to buy another add on internet pack or maybe Skype Pack) which lets you make unlimited Skype calls from Oz to any Skype user in the world free of charge - this does not come out of your data allowance.

Three used to offer free calls to other Three mobiles as well as free \skype calls. I don't think you can get any new Thee plans as they have merged with Vodaphone in Oz