Got visa not enough funds to validate

murky

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chloe Forrest
Hi everyone,

Congrats on managing to validate your visa in time.

can I ask a quick question, once you have validated how long do you have before you have to move over for good?

i think its like 5 years or something

Hi Mrs Murky

So glad you had a good time besides the weather. You all must have been knackered doing a 2 day turn around. At least now you have breathing space and can go when you are ready. I found your plane trip so funny, :biglaugh: That is a flight to remember. So glad we are flying with Emirates.

Best wishes

Donna :wink:

Guest 3Pirrets2Oz

Oh my! So pleased to see how upbeat this thread has become!

You certainly went through it trying to get to Oz to validate - so glad you made it and your dream is only just beginning :biggrin:

Congrats Murky and family - have fun planning your big adventure xxx

Thank you so much

Yes we couldn't believe the amount of rain or how cold it was, we ended up in Erina and terrigal and the teens still had to run about on bondi beach, they were soaked and turned blue but didn't care the swimming distance between flags was about five inches I think lol. So will remember to still pack some winter woolies for the move.

Well done.....:notworthy: Glad you made it on time, great inflight entertainment, thought of flying with them me self but booked Singapore Airlines instead, flying on the 12th Oct to Brisbane, i hope i have as much fun as you did..... Congrats again and start saving like mad....:biggrin: :wink: :jiggy:

Hi All

Thanks for all your kind wishes. We arrived back from Sydney last night. We used Korean airways which we had never heard of but were actually very good apart from the food on the way there being cold, eating cold rice and curry at 6am was not our ideal breakfast in fact I don't want to see any rice for a good while, don't know if they had problem with food warmers? And the Koreans felt the need to constantly walk up and down the isles and start doing squats and star jumps at the side of us, it's not good waking up to someone's bottom in your face it was funny at first. It might sound as though nothing went right but it was really great and nothing could put us off. The kids hadn't been to oz before but really loved nsw and didn't want to come back even though it peed it down day and night the whole time we were there. We where told it was 32degrees the day before we arrived and then brightened up as we got on the plane to come home, just couldn't believe it, it's a good job it wasn't a holiday and the Aussies thought we were crazy going for 2 days. It just felt like home as soon

as we got off the plane and everything still seemed familiar even though it was

4years since we last visited and we can't wait to join our friends out there as

soon as possible. So now we haved calmed down a bit started back at work

today and are now ready for the big save up. Bring it on! :biggrin:

Mrs Murky

I started reading this thread today and I really felt for you and your family. I couldn't take the suspense, so I skipped to the end and was happy to see that things worked out for you.

It's great to see happy endings. You have five years to get yourself sorted and the pressure is off.

I was in Melbourne for two days at the beginning of the month and I flew out next to a guy who was back in Ireland for three days in order to attend a wedding. I suppose you would be surprised by how many people make the trip for a couple of days.

Best of luck, I'm glad things worked out.

I was the same i couldn't wait to get to the last post to see if you all made it in time.....so pleased u all did!!!great friends u have aswell,5 years will fly in too so save as hard as u's can....our visa's are due to expire in April so we're under pressure to get back also,November we are off-cant wait.x

have to say it has be the nicest threads on all my time on the forum, the geniune concen for mukey and family was very touching and shows we all do undestand that we should all have a chance to live the dream even if it doesnt work out for us later the motto is keep the dream going!

have to say it has be the nicest threads on all my time on the forum, the geniune concen for mukey and family was very touching and shows we all do undestand that we should all have a chance to live the dream even if it doesnt work out for us later the motto is keep the dream going!

Well said...I couldn't agree more. I've been checking in every day since this thread began. It has actually been in my conversations with family and friends because the plight really touched me.

I'm so so happy that no matter what, you all have options now. I know it's so hard to save something that's not even there, but really money comes and money goes and now you know just how strong you can be!

The very very best of luck for your future.

• 4 months later...

Brief update from murky, we landed on 26th january 2012, not a lot of money very unsure as to what the hell we were doing. No job no car. Its now 3 weeks later, living with friends for now till i get a rental house, daughter in school, son on trial with a major holden (vauxhall) garage and i'm working full time. Got hp on a new car and picking it up tomorrow night, admittedly a lot sorted in 3 weeks but like i said to myself on that first teary night i cant go back as i only booked one way tickets (all i could afford) i'd like to thank you all for your comments and help in getting me here and i promise i'll keep you all up to date with our progress. To all of you reading this thinking i cant make the move cause of this or that... If you dont give it a go you will NEVER EVER know how you would have got on. This time 6 months ago i was sat at home thinking its not going to happen , i've wasted 4 years of mine and my families lifes wanting something that i can never get. Last weekend i was on a beautiful beach watching parrots in a nearby tree thinking i live here.... G'day mates from the murkys

Guest nikkidel
Brief update from murky, we landed on 26th january 2012, not a lot of money very unsure as to what the hell we were doing. No job no car. Its now 3 weeks later, living with friends for now till i get a rental house, daughter in school, son on trial with a major holden (vauxhall) garage and i'm working full time. Got hp on a new car and picking it up tomorrow night, admittedly a lot sorted in 3 weeks but like i said to myself on that first teary night i cant go back as i only booked one way tickets (all i could afford) i'd like to thank you all for your comments and help in getting me here and i promise i'll keep you all up to date with our progress. To all of you reading this thinking i cant make the move cause of this or that... If you dont give it a go you will NEVER EVER know how you would have got on. This time 6 months ago i was sat at home thinking its not going to happen , i've wasted 4 years of mine and my families lifes wanting something that i can never get. Last weekend i was on a beautiful beach watching parrots in a nearby tree thinking i live here.... G'day mates from the murkys

Fantastic news Murky!

Wishing you and your family all the best in Oz...so glad you managed to make the move. :-)

Guest guest30085

Good onya Murkies :-) Thats fantastic news. And brave of you to go with not much. This just shows it can be done. All the very best to you and yours for your new adventure x x

Guest tandcmum

congratulations on making the move, to think 6 months ago you thought you were going to lose you visa and now you are hapily getting settled in Oz

Good onya Murkies :-) Thats fantastic news. And brave of you to go with not much. This just shows it can be done. All the very best to you and yours for your new adventure x x
3 weeks bit early for the celebrations (can be done ) but I hope you post a similar reply in 20 years good luck.

Oh wow! I just read this thread from start to finish in one go! What an awesome story and am so so glad that you guys are finally there now and wishing you guys a lot of success and good wishes for the future!! :smile: (I actually felt teary eyed reading this thread too...):embarrassed:

Hi All

If anyone has any help with this i would be so grateful.

We are a family of four who waited patiently for 2.5years for our permanent visa having to undergo 2 medicals in the process. We were ecstatic, even the two teens. After nine months of losing and gaining employment we now find that we don't have enough funds to get us all there for flights even just to validate and our time runs out on 30 September. We are all gutted. Is there anything we could do? We feel as if our dream is over.

Thanks

Mrs Murky

hi...this is who we used to come to australia..for myself, husband and son...we had very heavy discounted flights ..i cant remember exactly but it was around 1100GBP for all of us...click on the link and theres a phone number give them a ring and explain to them your situation....good luck.

http://www.iomuk.org/contactus.htm

Archived