Got visa not enough funds to validate

murky

Hi All

If anyone has any help with this i would be so grateful.

We are a family of four who waited patiently for 2.5years for our permanent visa having to undergo 2 medicals in the process. We were ecstatic, even the two teens. After nine months of losing and gaining employment we now find that we don't have enough funds to get us all there for flights even just to validate and our time runs out on 30 September. We are all gutted. Is there anything we could do? We feel as if our dream is over.

Thanks

Mrs Murky

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All

If anyone has any help with this i would be so grateful.

We are a family of four who waited patiently for 2.5years for our permanent visa having to undergo 2 medicals in the process. We were ecstatic, even the two teens. After nine months of losing and gaining employment we now find that we don't have enough funds to get us all there for flights even just to validate and our time runs out on 30 September. We are all gutted. Is there anything we could do? We feel as if our dream is over.

Thanks

Mrs Murky

Hi Mrs Murky

I don't think there is anything you can do, I feel for you, as we need to validate our visa before December, so booked a holiday, cannot afford it, but like yourself we waiting years for our visa, and will not let it slip away. I know getting into debt is not the best option, but the credit card is my only means at the moment. i don't know what to say, but sorry. I hope you can sort something out, 30th September is not that far away.

Best wishes

Donna

What a horrible situation to be in.

We have not long received our visa after nearly 3 years of waiting. Only the other day I looked into flights to validate and I could not beleive how expensive flights, car hire, accommodation was going to cost us, and that's before spending money!... we have therefore decided to get one way tickets instead and leave the house in the hands of an agent if not sold before we go... a bit of a worry as we wont have the capital behind us that we initially thought we would have. I just hope that hubby gets a job quick smart when we arrive!

I hope you find a way to sort your problem out... :hug:

Hi

We thought the same about two months ago, if we could get the cash for flights that to hell with it we just wouldn't come back. Leave belongings with family and ship out later but the work situation nosedived as people wanted work done then wouldn't pay up and you can't take them all to court. So left with enough to get 2 of us over.

Mrs murky

Hi all

Somebody mentioned that if my husband and maybe our 18 yr old went and validated we could re apply for myself and our 14 yr old, but I think it wouldn't work and be left for years thats if they let us in at all and would be very costly again. We are clutching at straws we are that desparate.

Mrs murky

I would get money from somewhere, as you have gone this far, spent thousands of pounds, & 2.5 years of your life to get to this point, I would start walking now lol. I know it is not great to get in more debt, but you have to think, how much you want to go... Get a flight over, then fly back if need be, don't stay anywhere, that ill cut down the cost, at least then you have 5 years to get yourself more financially stable. You need to make a decision before it's to late. They won't move the date.

Best wishes and will be thinking of you all. :hug::hug:

Donna x

Guest SupportPants
I would get money from somewhere, as you have gone this far, spent thousands of pounds, & 2.5 years of your life to get to this point, I would start walking now lol. I know it is not great to get in more debt, but you have to think, how much you want to go... Get a flight over, then fly back if need be, don't stay anywhere, that ill cut down the cost, at least then you have 5 years to get yourself more financially stable. You need to make a decision before it's to late. They won't move the date.

Best wishes and will be thinking of you all. :hug::hug:

Donna x

Try air Asia? Much cheaper than the likes of Qantas etc Maybe camp when you get here to avoid expensive hotels etc... Good luck

:(

Good luck to you all xx

I dont understand the validating issues, as we did it all through my DH work and didn't apply for a visa until we had the job. BUT I would do all I could to validate it, if it means you loose the visa.

I would get a CC to pay for flights or even a loan.

I personally wouldnt come here without a job in the horizon though, anyway, but thats because I have 4 kids to care for and little money to tide us over and would not take that gamble. ( I understand for some they wish to take that chance though)

good luck whatever you decide

xx

If you have enough money for 2 flights and all you need is money for a further 2 flights.... and not going means losing your visa, I would certainly consider taking out a loan or CC to do this. As someone else said, if your priority right now is validating, you don't have to stay for a 3 week holiday!!! It sounds ridiculous to fly all the way to Oz for a few days, but you would be safeguarding your visa for a good while and give you time to get sorted financially and then plan for the definitive move? If you shop around for flights you may even find something that isn't too bad. Good luck!!!

p.s. would it be silly to consider asking family for a loan? do they know your plans? or could you sell something?

Forgot to say, where abouts in Oz would you be heading to? If you can't afford hotel for a couple of nights I bet there are folk on this website who would put you up for a night or two.... Blimey if I were in your position with such a precious PR I wouldn't stop at anything!! We are only out here on a 457 and the temporary thing is not great TBH....

Forgot to say, where abouts in Oz would you be heading to? If you can't afford hotel for a couple of nights I bet there are folk on this website who would put you up for a night or two.... Blimey if I were in your position with such a precious PR I wouldn't stop at anything!! We are only out here on a 457 and the temporary thing is not great TBH....

Your right btw cats,people off here would put them up,if i remember correctly murky was fairly openminded on which area/state,wonder if one place is cheaper than another to fly to?would've thought so.

Like i say tho,if money is that tight maybe murky just needs to get everyone over,get them stamped and come back,bit of a holiday would be great for them i agree,but just getting that stamp is the be all and end all isnt it.

Heres hoping they get the few bob together,bad when situations like this crop up on here tbh

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh Murky

I am sorry to hear this, do you own your own property if so can you take out a secured loan? There are other loans out there where they will lend to you if you are unemployed although the interest will be high. Can I ask how you were going to finance the move over? Is there a family member you could borrow from?

Good luck and I hope you get the funds to validate. It may also be worth chatting with an agent and seeing if there are grounds to extend your validation date.

Just googled cheap flights very quickly. cheapflights.co.uk have adult return tickets including taxes from heathrow to darwin for 765GBP, as opposed to BA's 1300-ish to Sydney.

Also look at getting flights to somewhere in SE asia, and cheap flight to Darwin from there. Might be worth a trip to STA travel to see what they can come up with, they're used to getting cheap deals for backpackers.

Thank you everyone

We will keep trying for a credit card or loan, we thought about selling stuff like tv and things but they are so cheap to buy new that we would end up selling all our possessions for nothing. We have already had a couple of car boot sales to start getting ready for the move, but ended up crying and the pitiful amount people were bartering for stuff we paid good money for.

We know we can't give up and we won't but it's so tough.

Mrs murky

Oh dear - Really sorry to hear of this trouble you're having Murky, for what it's worth tho - I'd borrow the money from somewhere, bounce over and back on the cheapest flight/place available and validate those visas! Is there a close friend you could ask who could lend you the funds? Hoping that this is sorted for you pronto,

Dx

Oh dear - Really sorry to hear of this trouble you're having Murky, for what it's worth tho - I'd borrow the money from somewhere, bounce over and back on the cheapest flight/place available and validate those visas! Is there a close friend you could ask who could lend you the funds? Hoping that this is sorted for you pronto,

Dx

I love the way some think these days on how to solve a problem just borrow money. I have a new way of doing it save it then you dont need to pay anyone back or is that a too radical idea lol.

Guest The Pom Queen
I love the way some think these days on how to solve a problem just borrow money. I have a new way of doing it save it then you dont need to pay anyone back or is that a too radical idea lol.

Unfortunately it is too late for them to start saving, they only have a few weeks to get here:wubclub: