Got visa not enough funds to validate

murky

I love the way some think these days on how to solve a problem just borrow money. I have a new way of doing it save it then you dont need to pay anyone back or is that a too radical idea lol.

I was actually just trying to be supportive to the person, who has already explained that they only have until the 30th of September to validate/hence the lack of time to save - what's the point in being rude?

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was actually just trying to be supportive to the person, who has already explained that they only have until the 30th of September to validate/hence the lack of time to save - what's the point in being rude?

That was been rude ? I would call it sound advise if the banks had taken the same advise the world would of been in a lot better situation now.

It just reminds me of my childrens exams they know a year in advance the dates but they still leave it to the last min to revise forward planning I think they call it.

Hi

Thanks for that sooo useful. Actually we were saving but my hubby's job (plumber) situation worsened quickly leaving him to work for himself and idiots not paying him large amounts for work completed saying he would have to wait til they got paid. Now working for different firms who don't pay on time or at all and running around all over the place spending a few hundred a week on petrol and getting no. Expenses to cover it it's not worth going out to work but he does and never claimed a penny all his working life. Our house have not sold yet so have had to live as normal for quite a while now. So please

don't judge us as we are going through hell at the moment and wouldn't wish it on anyone even you.

Mrs murky

That was been rude ? I would call it sound advise if the banks had taken the same advise the world would of been in a lot better situation now.

Well, you quoted my post and then made what sounded like a rude remark, but in all fairness, it's hardly important - I sent a message of support to the OP suggesting that they borrow the funds from a trusted friend, as they have found themselves in a bad situation (which, incidentally, seems to be nothing to do with their own poor planning or lack of forward thinking). OP has said they had employment problems and have fallen on hard times. I really think that the state of the banks are irrelevant here.

Anyway, I'll wish the OP the very best of luck and leave this thread to get back to work- Good luck to OP, hope it all works out x

Hi

Thanks for that sooo useful. Actually we were saving but my hubby's job (plumber) situation worsened quickly leaving him to work for himself and idiots not paying him large amounts for work completed saying he would have to wait til they got paid. Now working for different firms who don't pay on time or at all and running around all over the place spending a few hundred a week on petrol and getting no. Expenses to cover it it's not worth going out to work but he does and never claimed a penny all his working life. Our house have not sold yet so have had to live as normal for quite a while now. So please

don't judge us as we are going through hell at the moment and wouldn't wish it on anyone even you.

Mrs murky

When did I judge you? you were given advise to borrow so I replyed not to borrow as it just digs a bigger hole.

Thank you everyone

We will keep trying for a credit card or loan, we thought about selling stuff like tv and things but they are so cheap to buy new that we would end up selling all our possessions for nothing. We have already had a couple of car boot sales to start getting ready for the move, but ended up crying and the pitiful amount people were bartering for stuff we paid good money for.

We know we can't give up and we won't but it's so tough.

Mrs murky

PM sent.

Sell a car if you have one - cause you would have to do that anyway?? Credit unions - local I think and cheap rates ?? Go cleaning cars ..anything. I think you would be mad to give in now that you have the visas. Have you tried phoning them just to see what they do say??

[quote name=Dani251;1187698

Anyway' date=' I'll wish the OP the very best of luck and leave this thread to get back to work- Good luck to OP, hope it all works out x

Thank you so much for the kind words, much appreciated and spurs us on.

Mrs murky

Guest guest37336

Hi Murky.

The one thought you have to maintain is this.

'THIS IS A ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY'.:yes::yes:

I know, I know, a lot easier said than done my friend, but nonetheless very true.

To lose faith at this late stage would not be fair to you as a person or family, the sacrifices you have made to this pint are I dare say many, but it may now involve a few more sacrifices to fulfill your dream.

Do what EVER you can my friend. Have you thought about leaflet delivering in your spare time, hard work and not greatly paid, but can still bring in around £100-£150 a week if worked hard.

Gold is also at a high price at the moment, have you any jewelry etc, NOT of sentimental value that maybe you could sell.

There are several avenues you 'may' be able to take, and whilst these may not be ideal, they may enable you to get enough together to just validate at least.:yes:

I don't know enough about loans and the like, but as others have said, 'maybe; there is a way of getting the smallest loan available to get you there initially, even it is just for a few days, at least this will pay huge dividends in the future and at least you will have the 'option' of going back to live, which is one very few ever the chance to do.

But try not to get too disheartened matey, I will have a think and see if I can come up with any more ideas,:idea:, but in the meantime keep the above thought at the very forefront of your mind,:yes:, and fingers crossed we can sort something out for you.

Beg, borrow and 'steal' :policeman::no:, but do all you can to keep your dream alive.

Cheers Tony.

I love the way some think these days on how to solve a problem just borrow money. I have a new way of doing it save it then you dont need to pay anyone back or is that a too radical idea lol.

Easier said than done Kirk,i HAD savings,last REAL job,was 2 and a half yrs ago mate,2 or 3 days work a week since that job ended have put paid to my savings,murky has had similar problems,life isnt allways black and white is it.

Easier said than done Kirk,i HAD savings,last REAL job,was 2 and a half yrs ago mate,2 or 3 days work a week since that job ended have put paid to my savings,murky has had similar problems,life isnt allways black and white is it.

Just as I said you are waiting till the time is right so you have the best chance to make the move. The world is a different place now than it was 5 years ago & everyone needs to accept this and get real.

Just as I said you are waiting till the time is right so you have the best chance to make the move. The world is a different place now than it was 5 years ago & everyone needs to accept this and get real.

Lol,believe me kirk im not "waiting till the time is right",we just cant sell the hse is all,as soon as its sold(if ever)we go,cba waiting to see if exchange rates go up,or hse prices in Aus down etc.

I SHOULD have done all this 8 or 9 yrs ago when my mates did,but typically of me i dragged my feet,im not wasting any more yrs hanging around waiting to see what happens to things i have no control over.

Your very money motivated,good luck to yer,i am experience motivated,i cant take £/$ to the bone orchard with me, so would sooner just take any loss on the chin and get over there now and live my life,had enuf of being in limbo,its over 3 yrs since we got the visa now.

What use to me is a better exchange rate if im in and out of work all the time here?

Any improvement in the exchange rate wont make up for losing roughly half a yrs pay each yr,so in my situation i'd just as sooner be out there,one life an all that mate.........

Lol,believe me kirk im not "waiting till the time is right",we just cant sell the hse is all,as soon as its sold(if ever)we go,cba waiting to see if exchange rates go up,or hse prices in Aus down etc.

I SHOULD have done all this 8 or 9 yrs ago when my mates did,but typically of me i dragged my feet,im not wasting any more yrs hanging around waiting to see what happens to things i have no control over.

Your very money motivated,good luck to yer,i am experience motivated,i cant take £/$ to the bone orchard with me, so would sooner just take any loss on the chin and get over there now and live my life,had enuf of being in limbo,its over 3 yrs since we got the visa now.

What use to me is a better exchange rate if im in and out of work all the time here?

Any improvement in the exchange rate wont make up for losing roughly half a yrs pay each yr,so in my situation i'd just as sooner be out there,one life an all that mate.........

Think on the bright side it could be a lot worse you could be leader of the libdems.

Hey Kirk and Co, coming up to your four year anniversary with PiO - making the move downunder any time soon? :wubclub:

3 years left to go on visa. No rush for me as work here is very good rental properties yeilding a good 12%, morgage free in 2 years , hoping to be there time I am 50 with 5 to 6 figure sum & no need for a job as my investments will be maturing hope I have planed for everything but you can never say never. You did ask so these are the facts not bosting but well planned or forward planning.

There's a difference between borrowing money to invest and borrowing money to spend. If keeping their visas is viewed as an investment in their future then it makes good financial sense to borrow.

Incidentally Kirk & Co I notice in one of your posts you say you have a mortgage. Clearly you believe in borrowing to invest - otherwise why didn't you save up to buy rather than borrowing?

There's a difference between borrowing money to invest and borrowing money to spend. If keeping their visas is viewed as an investment in their future then it makes good financial sense to borrow.

Incidentally Kirk & Co I notice in one of your posts you say you have a mortgage. Clearly you believe in borrowing to invest - otherwise why didn't you save up to buy rather than borrowing?

I did the borrowing was for investment properties which pays for the borrowing plus gives me a large capital gain on top.

Guest mandi1971

Ah i really feel for you, there are some good prices out there on flights, we paid just over 2k for 4 of us for January and thats there peak season. I hope you find the money somehow and someone offers to put you up till you find jobs,like others have said, start selling things or look at loans or credit cards, anything that will help you not let go of your dream,

lots of luck with it all :hug::hug:

Mandi xx

Guest morgansashadog

That's really awful, especially after waiting so long. Why not sell your house now and don't bother with making two trips. Staying in the Uk will only cost you more money which you could be investing in your new life in Oz. We did our validation trip last October and it almost drove my husband and I apart because of the stress of coming back and 'saving up' to go this year! We are leaving UK on 27th September to Melbourne after 2 years of waiting and saving. The longer you leave it, the worse the stress and anxiety gets. We rented our own house out and saved £200 a month by living in smaller/cheaper accommodation for 2 years, although we don't have children so maybe it was easier for us. All I can say, is batten down the hatches, shop at Tesco (every little helps), give up any nights out, kids get a paper round or Saturday job and just go for it! Good luck - if it's meant to be, then fate will find a way to get you there. (well that's been my mantra for the last two years). Take care. Anne.

3 years left to go on visa. No rush for me as work here is very good rental properties yeilding a good 12%, morgage free in 2 years , hoping to be there time I am 50 with 5 to 6 figure sum & no need for a job as my investments will be maturing hope I have planed for everything but you can never say never. You did ask so these are the facts not bosting but well planned or forward planning.

I'm sorry but you are a complete arse!

Archived