New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Hi...Yes its a Google Online Document so you would need to get to it from the link provided...just save it to your favourites in IE/Chrome/Firefox

Ive made the spreasheet address into a tiny URL

http://tinyurl.com/6l2nagd

Bpremji, tell me please where can I find your spreadsheet? Is it always necessary to follow the link you have provided us with? I would also like to share with my details. I gonna fill in Tania's form.:jimlad:

Hi I have put the link on the front page if you would like to check it out

Western Australia have added quite a few occupations to there new list it seems there is a lot of Cat 5's who are now moving up to Cat 3's does this mean that it will slow down the Cat 4's and lessen the Cat 5's?

Yes I posted this info before, Yes their will be less cat 5 as they have come out of that queue and moved to Cat 3 yes it will make that queue bigger and yes cat 4 will probably be on hold until they

catch up with cat 3 .

This is really good news for some of the cat 5 :jiggy:

Great for those who have moved up two cats, bad news for us who are waiting in cat 4 :cry:

I can't imagine this taking long as the SMP have a quota and its only the SMP not the SOL and in the past it hasn't taken very long before.

:biggrin:

Tania

Guest waitingtogotooz

Morning all

It's Friday afternoon in oz now so looks like no more CO's for us this week. Best of luck to everyone next week:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I have just finnished my last night shift so weekend off to recover and destress :notworthy:before our medicals on Monday, I had planned a lovely weekend World firework championships tonight in Blackpool, Footy with boy on Saturday, nip to marks and sparks for some new undies for the meds and some tea out. Total relaxation lower the blood pressure..................:biggrin:

But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ring ,,,,,,,,,,,Ring hello Anne, numpty has phoned in sick can you work this weekend. ($***!!! &***%%%$ !!!!£"$%:arghh:) yes off course I can :frown:and thanks for paying for my medicals:rolleyes:. P.S can I work every weekend as you are funding my ticket out of here :jiggy:and the more overtime you give me the quicker I can get to Aus:laugh::laugh::yes::biglaugh:

Yes I posted this info before, Yes their will be less cat 5 as they have come out of that queue and moved to Cat 3 yes it will make that queue bigger and yes cat 4 will probably be on hold until they

catch up with cat 3 .

This is really good news for some of the cat 5 :jiggy:

I can't imagine this taking long as the SMP have a quota and its only the SMP not the SOL and in the past it hasn't taken very long before.

:biggrin:

Tania

I don't think this will affect the processing time lines at all. It only affects applicants who would have applied prior to 1st July 2010 as past this date you could not add SS to your application. So those who are now in Cat 5 as a hair dresser will have to reapply for a new visa under SS as they can not add SS to an existing visa application unless they applied prior to 1st July 2010.

Any application prior to 1st July 2010 should have been done ages ago.

Plus anyone putting their WA SS application in today its at least a 3-4 week wait to get your application back. Which buys us all more time.

I have just finnished my last night shift so weekend off to recover and destress :notworthy:before our medicals on Monday, I had planned a lovely weekend World firework championships tonight in Blackpool, Footy with boy on Saturday, nip to marks and sparks for some new undies for the meds and some tea out. Total relaxation lower the blood pressure..................:biggrin:

But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ring ,,,,,,,,,,,Ring hello Anne, numpty has phoned in sick can you work this weekend. ($***!!! &***%%%$ !!!!£"$%:arghh:) yes off course I can :frown:and thanks for paying for my medicals:rolleyes:. P.S can I work every weekend as you are funding my ticket out of here :jiggy:and the more overtime you give me the quicker I can get to Aus:laugh::laugh::yes::biglaugh:

I remember when I first went for my Medicals in Feburary 09 I was worried, scared, paronoid....... when it actually had the medical I was really suprised and disapointed as is was done quick and their was nothing to it, check your urine, blood pressure, your reflex, bloods and couple of other things I exspected a lot more:biggrin:

you will be fine.

Tania

I don't think this will affect the processing time lines at all. It only affects applicants who would have applied prior to 1st July 2010 as past this date you could not add SS to your application. So those who are now in Cat 5 as a hair dresser will have to reapply for a new visa under SS as they can not add SS to an existing visa application unless they applied prior to 1st July 2010.

Plus anyone putting their WA SS application in today its at least a 3-4 week wait to get your application back. Which buys us all more time.

I agree I don't think it will have a massive effect but there are some that applied prior to 1st July 2010 as I have seen some from 2008. :biggrin:

Tania

Quick Question to all,

The 18 months timeline now given by DIAC to process any 175/176 visa from start to end......is this from the date you applied or from the date they updated the processing times?

Guest ScrumMaster
Quick Question to all,

The 18 months timeline now given by DIAC to process any 175/176 visa from start to end......is this from the date you applied or from the date they updated the processing times?

Must be from the date of the application being lodged otherwise we'll possibly get our visas when our hair starts going gray.. and barely able to do our jobs any longer..:smile:

ps : Well done Bpremji for creating the spreadsheet. Serious piece of work Mate I see :notworthy:

Must be from the date of the application being lodged otherwise we'll possibly get our visas when our hair starts going gray.. and barely able to do our jobs any longer..:smile:

ps : Well done Bpremji for creating the spreadsheet. Serious piece of work Mate I see :notworthy:

Even though processing times maybe long we have to respect DIAC would we want to go to Aus if they just let anyone in at the drop of a hat. It has taken a lot longer than we had wished but. Good things come to those who wait. would Aus be as attractive if this was the case.

Why are people hiding rows in this spreadsheet, please leave it alone people!!! Dont touch it unless your adding value to it

Upto 15 rows in the whole sheet have been hidden that contain application data, so whoever has done this please undo it as I have tried and it does not seem to be working.

**Problem sorted, someone had a filter on it**

Posted by Bpremji

Hi guys,

Hope you all dont mind but I have put the everyones details from the first post in an online spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=1

Its basically the same information from the first post in a spreadsheet view.

I will try and keep the spreadsheet up to date with information you guys provide in this thread but feel free to update any info yourself.

Hope it helps.....

really appreciate able work... Well done Mate!!!:yes:

Morning all

It's Friday afternoon in oz now so looks like no more CO's for us this week. Best of luck to everyone next week:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

There were a few grants on other forums this week, though not as many as in the last 2 weeks. Since you're a February applicant, you might be interested to know that someone from another forum that applied 2nd February 2011 on 176 (Family Sponsored) just got the grant today. :wink:

I think you might find there is a hell of a lot of pre july 2010 apps who have moved up we are Oct 2008 and I know of some 2007 apps who are moving up also could be 100's if not more.

why should pre july 2010 of been done ages ago. ?? the rules changed and a lot have suffered through these changes DIAC have been very selective of who they want in maybe now they are relaxing the rules again (maybe) hence why a lot of pre july 2010 are getting a chance .... as good news as it is we will have to wait and see if we get CO's fingers crossed we all do.

why should pre july 2010 of been done ages ago. ?? the rules changed and a lot have suffered through these changes DIAC have been very selective of who they want in maybe now they are relaxing the rules again (maybe) hence why a lot of pre july 2010 are getting a chance .... as good news as it is we will have to wait and see if we get CO's fingers crossed we all do.

But its only WA and there will still only be a limited amount of WA SS available, definitively not in the hundreds, so again stand by what I said.

DIAC are not relaxing the rules. They changed them because you had hairdressers with 2 years experience getting grants far more quickly and easier than some who was a Geologist with a doctorate with 5 years experience. This was stated by Chris Bowen. They made the system fairer and more in line with the countries skills requirement, hence this years change to the points system and next years change again where you have to submit a EOI. WA has added certain skill sets as they require these skills to cater for the demand though these places will be limited.

Guest waitingtogotooz
There were a few grants on other forums this week, though not as many as in the last 2 weeks. Since you're a February applicant, you might be interested to know that someone from another forum that applied 2nd February 2011 on 176 (Family Sponsored) just got the grant today. :wink:

Thanks. But im guessing will be a longer wait now some Cat 5's are Cat 3's now :frown:

Thanks. But im guessing will be a longer wait now some Cat 5's are Cat 3's now :frown:

dear I think such does not make any diff

100 applications processed with you ( as CAT5) or processed separately before you (as CAT3) time taken at each application e.g Med/PC, ext/int checks are same for CAT 3 or 5.

suppose if they remain in CAT5 but processed before you considering they are on top of the pile

Guest waitingtogotooz

Guys do you think if we see people on other threads/forums we should invite them on here to give us a better idea of how many applicants there are.

Just an idea

Guys do you think if we see people on other threads/forums we should invite them on here to give us a better idea of how many applicants there are.

Just an idea

Absolutely.........I watch 2 threads. This one and this one http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/55385-priority-3-now-priority-4-applicants-club-742.html

The other one also has a spreadsheet with timelines on it....

http://tinyurl.com/P3-Spread-Sheet

But its only WA and there will still only be a limited amount of WA SS available, definitively not in the hundreds, so again stand by what I said.

DIAC are not relaxing the rules. They changed them because you had hairdressers with 2 years experience getting grants far more quickly and easier than some who was a Geologist with a doctorate with 5 years experience. This was stated by Chris Bowen. They made the system fairer and more in line with the countries skills requirement, hence this years change to the points system and next years change again where you have to submit a EOI. WA has added certain skill sets as they require these skills to cater for the demand though these places will be limited.

I think you are missing the point there are loads of Cat 5's who have SS which is still valid with the applications ... Hairdressers cooks bricklayers etc, who were placed lower due to changes .... they are now back on the lists therefore they will be valid, with there prior given state sponsorship this doesnt have bearing on the new list.

If it is open it means there is more space then they have and need.

All trades & professions are equally important as each other if needed by the state/country.