New Cat 4 July 1st 2011

Guest cat4july2011

Guest garynhelen
Do you mean all 2010- 175 applicants will be allocated before xmas?? or 2011 also :err::confused:

As a cat 5, I am too keen to know how accurate this info is, because it could indicate they may start processing us early next year! Which would be awesome :)

Please add my details to the timeline sheet:wink:

Name: Eng32

British

Low risk

Date Application: 175/ april 2011

Post July2011: Group: 4

CO: No

PCC/Medicals: No

Visa Grant: Waiting.....

Welcome to this thread I have now added your details to the front page.

Thanks Tania

As a cat 5, I am too keen to know how accurate this info is, because it could indicate they may start processing us early next year! Which would be awesome :)

I think that they will start Cat 5 next year, I spoke to my agent yesterday to ask about my application and its status the reply I got was that " Diac they expect to have cleared cat 4 by December and start on cat 5 in December so you should have your visa before Christmas" also if you look at the front page their aren't as nearly as much applicants on this cat as previous times before so it shouldn't take them as long to clear.

Tania:biggrin:

Guest waitingtogotooz
I think that they will start Cat 5 next year, I spoke to my agent yesterday to ask about my application and its status the reply I got was that " Diac they expect to have cleared cat 4 by December and start on cat 5 in December so you should have your visa before Christmas" also if you look at the front page their aren't as nearly as much applicants on this cat as previous times before so it shouldn't take them as long to clear.

wow that is uber exciting, so all the cat 4 175's could have a CO by the end of the year?

Guest Lori2011

I do not understad how it is possible to finish cat 4 before Christmas...everyday new people lodge cat 4 apps, unless they stop receiving apps for a while or stablish a cut somewhere

I do not understad how it is possible to finish cat 4 before Christmas...everyday new people lodge cat 4 apps, unless they stop receiving apps for a while or stablish a cut somewhere

probably the same as with cat3? They had a backlog there a year ago, but now they process an application within a few weeks after lodging. If they can process the cat4 backlog and process new applications at the same speed as the current cat3s, they will have some capacity left for backlog cat5.

Ok, these numbers are stupid, but just as an example let's say they can do 20 applications a day. If you have a backlog of 90 cat3, and 5 new ones coming in every day, than you will need 6 days to clear the backlog including the new ones. Then you process 5 cat3 a day, and have time to do 15 cat4 each day. If they have a backlog of 90 cat4 and 5 now ones each day, it costs 9 days to clear that. After that you only have to process 5 cat3 and 5 cat4 each day, which leaves you 10 for the backlog cat5. etc. Does that make sense?

It has always been like that, you will always get new applicants but each year their are fewer people applying as the requirements are harder to reach this then gives DIAC the time to get through those already in the system, each state has a limited amount of places they will allow for the SMP so this also keeps control of amount of applicant that apply who are higher priority than we are, at present they are processing cat 1,2,3 and 4 and once cat 4 are under control they will be able to process 1,2,3,4 and 5 at the same time as the queue's for each cat will not be half as big as they have been in the past.

Tania

wow that is uber exciting, so all the cat 4 175's could have a CO by the end of the year?

Well nothing is ever set in stone as some of us well know how things can change but at present it is possible they could cleared the bag log of cat 4 and start cat 5 at the end of year or the start of 2012.

Tania

Hi

Could you please add our details:

Name: mandymark

Date of Visa application: May 2009

Nationality: British

High/Low Risk: LR

Trade/profession: Fitter (General)

Visa type: Originally 175 then Qld SS 176 from Sep 2009

Onshore/offshore: Offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable): 5 (I think!)

Post-14th July Category: 3 or 4???

Medicals submitted: No

Police check submitted: 2009

Date CO assigned:

Date of employment verification (If applicable):

Date visa granted:

I havent really been keeping track of all the changes as we sort of gave up last year and bought a house when OH left the RAF. We'd hoped to move as soon as he left which would've been ideal but obviously wasnt meant to happen.

As I havent kept up with it all I'm not even sure which category we're in anymore:confused: - can anyone confirm whether we'd be in 3 or 4. Qld SS was granted early September 2009 but our original 175 was submitted in May 2009. I understand that Fitter is now back on the SOL.

Thanks for your help,

Mandy

Hi

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

I havent really been keeping track of all the changes as we sort of gave up last year and bought a house when OH left the RAF. We'd hoped to move as soon as he left which would've been ideal but obviously wasnt meant to happen.

As I havent kept up with it all I'm not even sure which category we're in anymore:confused: - can anyone confirm whether we'd be in 3 or 4. Qld SS was granted early September 2009 but our original 175 was submitted in May 2009. I understand that Fitter is now back on the SOL.

when Tania adds your details they will be able to keep mine company on the front page.

Thanks for your help,

Mandy

Hiya,

Long time no see!!!!! Yes fitter is back on the SOL, You are cat 4 like the rest of us i'm afraid, but from what is being said we might have a chance of getting a visa sometime soon.

Great to hear from you.

Hi

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Thanks for your help,

Mandy

Hi Mandy and welcome to this thread I have now added your details to the front page, yes you are cat 4 and I shouldn't think it will be long before you get a CO.

Tania

Quote from S.A forum:

"Well I never thought this day would come, but 3 Years and 80 Days later the dinosaur has been reborn"

That was a really long wait hey? He ended up applying for SS and visa was granted yesterday. So there is hope for the dinosaurs of becoming extinct again soon :wink:

Quote from S.A forum:

"Well I never thought this day would come, but 3 Years and 80 Days later the dinosaur has been reborn"

That was a really long wait hey? He ended up applying for SS and visa was granted yesterday. So there is hope for the dinosaurs of becoming extinct again soon :wink:

Well done to them!!!:v_SPIN:

Name:OrchidD

Date of Visa application:12 JAN 2011

Nationality:Irish

High/Low Risk:LR

Trade/profession:Electronic Instruments Trades Worker

Visa type:176 Family sponsored

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):3

Post-14th July Category:4

Medicals submitted:no

Police check submitted:no

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Name:OrchidD

Date of Visa application:12 JAN 2011

Nationality:Irish

High/Low Risk:LR

Trade/profession:Electronic Instruments Trades Worker

Visa type:176 Family sponsored

Onshore/offshore:offshore

Pre-14th July 2010 Category (If applicable):3

Post-14th July Category:4

Medicals submitted:no

Police check submitted:no

Date CO assigned:

Date visa granted:

Sorry new to this posting business! I meant to say please add me and thanks its great to see who's getting CO'S!

Guest waitingtogotooz
I don't think so I think it just goes in date order or it should do.

Tania

so who are in Cat 3 now in place of us old Cat 3's?

Cat 3 are 176 ss who have an occupation on the SMP, cat 4 176 are those applicants that got SS, but were not on the SMP when they were released......I think that's how it is)

Yes this is correct as I lodged 175 then 176 after i got state sponsor but QLD didn't include my OH occupation on the SMP so the 176 doesn't stand for anything.

Tania