New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

hi! gUYS

Anyone has an update on Subclass 176 Family Sponsored applications , waiting since 2008 and still contibue to wait, i am thinking whether we will ever be allocated ever ....

I sometimes wonder, are there really so many thousands of 176 applicants still waiting????!!!! B'cos I dont see many of them here or anywhere on the other forums either, looking for information as desperate as we are in this forum!!!!!! I made a spreadsheet for waiting 176ers and posted on several domains, but all I could muster (courtesy Arshad) was a mere 30 applicants!!!!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Bull: What is disappointing is that I haven't seen many people happily informing that they've got PR from 176 FS category. It will be good to know where has DIAC reached in terms allocating CO for HR 176 FS category (if i just get too selfish). Any information on specifically my query from anyone will be most welcome. Im sure looking at this list there are a lot desperate souls wanting to know more than what they already know. SPOKE TO DIAC TODAY AND WAS TOLD THAT FS IS STILL NOT BEING PROCESSED AND WAIT COULD BE FOR ANOTHER 12 MNTHS (IM JUL 2008 APPLICANT). MAYBE IT WAS A SCRIPTED RESPONSE, BUT IS THERE ANOTHER WAY OF GETTING MORE INFO?....GUESS NO

HI guys, Finally the wait is over we got our Permanent Residency today, m so happy.:smile: Thanx everyone for your support and we wish good luck to all other applicants who are still waiting.

Congrats Mohit>>> wish you luck and im sure you must be relieved. BTW which category was it?

Hi Folks, Its been 2 months since I visited this forum & looks like not much has changed.

My estimate is that it would take another 3 months before Offshore processing is commenced. I.e. Sep-2013. & that too it's tentative coz the Aussie elections are on Sept 14th. So if the current minister does not give any direction of processing times for Offshore P5 (which is most likely the case), then DIAC will wait for the new minister to take office sometime in Oct-2013. This is exactly what happened in the 2007 elections. Good luck to all of us.

Hi all. I've got my PR today..

lodged 22/12/2010

got co 08/05/13

grant 19/06/13

885 cook

required med assessment, NPC ,PCC form 80

wish all the best and goodluck to you all.

Congrats, kkk . Can you plz tell in how manys your application finalised. Are u frm india, if that so, in how many days u got ur pcc.

@Bull: What is disappointing is that I haven't seen many people happily informing that they've got PR from 176 FS category. It will be good to know where has DIAC reached in terms allocating CO for HR 176 FS category (if i just get too selfish). Any information on specifically my query from anyone will be most welcome. Im sure looking at this list there are a lot desperate souls wanting to know more than what they already know. SPOKE TO DIAC TODAY AND WAS TOLD THAT FS IS STILL NOT BEING PROCESSED AND WAIT COULD BE FOR ANOTHER 12 MNTHS (IM JUL 2008 APPLICANT). MAYBE IT WAS A SCRIPTED RESPONSE, BUT IS THERE ANOTHER WAY OF GETTING MORE INFO?....GUESS NO

I understand buddy, even I haven't read anywhere any 176 Cat 5er claiming visa grant!!! None of us have any clue until where DIAC have touched 176 FS...... the least courtesy they can show us is by informing how long would be our wait. we can be at ease, or plan accordingly. I need to sign my employment contract this Sept (for another 3 years!!!!) Once signed, breaking it would be difficult. Even I seriously think, this whole dilemma would change dramatically after Sept's federal election and the Ministerial change..... This government has become lot unpopular because of their immigration policy and I expect sweeping changes in immi policy once after the new government takes over (Amen). Collecting millions of dollars against applications and sitting on it for years without a decision is completely un-australian...

Hi Bull,

We are 176 offshore applicants, 2008 Feb , online ,profession: Marketing. We are living in Mel, no updates from immi and agent up to now :(

You're on the list with us.... keep updating progress... cheers

Hi all. I've got my PR today..

lodged 22/12/2010

got co 08/05/13

grant 19/06/13

885 cook

required med assessment, NPC ,PCC form 80

wish all the best and goodluck to you all.

Its a good newz KKK , congrats, r u single applicant or couple.

thx

Hi all,

I would just let you know I have been granted a Permanent Residence Visa on 19 June 2013 after 3years 11 months and 19 days of waiting!! It's moving and pretty sure this currently is moving towards you all, all the best to all of you!!

Hi Friends.....

I was applied subclass 885 on 1st October 2011 cat5. Master of science(Network system). degree assess in network analyst.

still waiting for new updates....

I heard from my friends DIAC processing cat 5 application randomly.... It is true or not ?

Just to share with everyone,

Date of application: 28 Dec 09

Date of CO: 28 May 13

Additional information submitted: 18 May (pcc, health check, 900 hrs evidence)

Granted 20 May

Congrats. Are u from India.if that so, In how many days u got ur pcc

Just to share with everyone,

Date of application: 28 Dec 09

Date of CO: 28 May 13

Additional information submitted: 18 May (pcc, health check, 900 hrs evidence)

Granted 20 May

Congrats.... Party hard... But whats ur class ?? I mean 885, 886 ??

Archived