New Category 5's - Where are you now?

mlsdq

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tables below list lodgement dates of applications that have been or will soon be allocated to case officers. You can use this information to determine when your General Skilled Migration (GSM) application will be allocated and to prepare your application for assessment. This information was last updated on 14 June 2013.

Effective 1 July 2012, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship set new priority processing arrangements for certain skilled migration visas. Allocation dates outlined below reflect the new priority processing arrangements.

[TABLE=class: tableborder]

[TR]

[TH]Visa Subclass[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 3[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 4[/TH]

[TH]Priority Group 5[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]189 Skilled – Independent[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]Within 8 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]190 Skilled - Nominated[/TD]

[TD]Within 5 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]489 Skilled - Regional[/TD]

[TD]Within 5 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD]Within 8 weeks of lodgement[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]175 Skilled – Independent[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]All applications allocated[/TD]

[TD]21 May 2008[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]176 Skilled – Sponsored[/TD]

[TD]Within 6 weeks of an approved nomination[/TD]

[TD]Allocation not commenced*[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]475 Skilled – Regional Sponsored[/TD]

[TD]Allocation not commenced*[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]496 Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]21 August 2007*[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]885 Skilled – Independent[/TD]

[TD]N/A[/TD]

[TD]28 June 2010[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]886 Skilled – Sponsored

(e-lodged)[/TD]

[TD]31 August 2009**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]886 Skilled – Sponsored (paper)[/TD]

[TD]30 April 2009**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored

(e-lodged)[/TD]

[TD]28 November 2009**[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]487 Skilled – Regional Sponsored (paper)[/TD]

[TD]9 June 2009**[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

N/A- The visa subclass is not applicable for this priority group.

No respite yet for 176 class..... :( I think the boat people (asylum seekers) stand a better chance than 176 applicants for now!!!!!!!!!! I read somewhere, they were granted 45000 visas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest davidyat
No respite yet for 176 class..... :( I think the boat people (asylum seekers) stand a better chance than 176 applicants for now!!!!!!!!!! I read somewhere, they were granted 45000 visas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do understand ur frustration but comparing asylum seekers to us is not fair. They ahave lost there home and lives are at risk. They live in some of the worlds worst and dangerous conditions.

Guest davidyat

Keep faith u will get co soon

Does anyone know if when you get co and have the option to pay the IELTS fee for partner, do immi ask for the fee before being granted PR or once PR has been granted. Thanks in advance.

Hi tekolaj,

When you will get CO, he will give you option, either submit ielts or education fee i.e. $4100. He will send you a invoice of education fee, if you go with that option.

Hi tekolaj,

When you will get CO, he will give you option, either submit ielts or education fee i.e. $4100. He will send you a invoice of education fee, if you go with that option.

i have co, I always thought it was around $3000, so I was told anyway.

Hi all, can anybody help me with how much Ielts score does partner need for onshore 885 lodged on 17 august 2011. Both of us are on bridging visa A. If no Ielts, how much is the fee?

4.5 overall.my husband has problems with the spelling side of it, so we are going to pay the fee, I was told by my agent $3000 but someone on here has said $4000+ not sure if the fee has been changed, but I don't think they would, as it was $3000 at time of application..

Do understand ur frustration but comparing asylum seekers to us is not fair. They ahave lost there home and lives are at risk. They live in some of the worlds worst and dangerous conditions.

Sorry buddy, couldn't help!!!!! I know, when recently a boat sunk near the OZ coast they didn't even remove the bodies from the sea!!!! but truly, DIAC have not made our lives prettier either!! if they were not with an intention to like those 176 applicants, they should not have received those applications in the first place..... a decision, either positive or negative, makes life much simpler to decide how (or where) to go ahead...

You better check news papers and source.Most of them are rich enough to live peace fully in their country of origin.They paying huge amount to come via boat.They are trying to skip lengthy visa processing duration. It is not fair for the people(who paid fees and dream to join their family member in Australia) to wait such a long time.If it is fair go for asylum seeker than must be fair go for people waiting form long time for their visa.

Hi all, can anybody help me with how much Ielts score does partner need for 885 lodged on 17 august 2011. If no Ielts, how much is the fee?

$ 4100 education, if ur parter do not submit their ielts and the minimum scores is 4.5 overall

Hi manmil12, i have the same situation,

Application for 885 lodged june 2012

CO allocated 29th may 2013. Brisbane team 23, CO Initials: B D

Medicals done on 30th may 2013

PCC submitted on 10th june 2013

Still there is not any update on evisa?? still all document required??

Hi impatel,

could you plz tell me. when u applied for pcc and when did you get it. Because I applied my pcc on 3rd June but still I am waiting for it. Plz let me know if it is possible. I am very much worrying about it. I was too got CO on 24 th may 2013. Everything I submitted expect pcc.

Hi impatel,

could you plz tell me. when u applied for pcc and when did you get it. Because I applied my pcc on 3rd June but still I am waiting for it. Plz let me know if it is possible. I am very much worrying about it. I was too got CO on 24 th may 2013. Everything I submitted expect pcc.

Hi Navi885

If you put the receipt for PCC than CO will know it not your fault for that delay.....certified copy of receipt...will keep you alive.

Archived